Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

urpad shutting down all services Ag 22nd - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

urpad shutting down all services Ag 22nd

2»

Comments

• @Dwood said:
    @francisco by any chance got some OVZ boxes? Wouldn't mind consolidating my services to you, since I have a reseller already....

Any suggestions on a new host? I'm currently on 1GB, 40GB HDD 2vcpu for $19 a year.

With our build your own service, this plan would work at at £1.20p/m / £14.40/year but with 30GB HDD, however, this service is not yet rolled out and might never be.

What are your bandwidth requirements? Is KVM good as we dont offer OVZ?

Let me know and I'll see if I can set up a custom plan.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Dwood said:
    @francisco by any chance got some OVZ boxes? Wouldn't mind consolidating my services to you, since I have a reseller already....

Any suggestions on a new host? I'm currently on 1GB, 40GB HDD 2vcpu for $19 a year.

I don't do plans that cheap. All of our resources are dedicated and I'm pretty picky about how much money I make per U in our racks.

Honestly, the only provider I can think of offering pricing like that is Hostodo.

I gave them some advice on a large hardware move they did and from what I've heard from Hassan the kinks are worked out and things are stable. He's been a great guy to chat with and very dedicated to the brand and improving the product.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2018

MasonR said: a different host that graciously accepted refugees

I don't see any discounts for those refugees, so nothing gracious, it's a potential money maker for them. The affiliate income is more than likely the agreement to advertise them.

MasonR said: They're milking their existing customers for more cash through affiliates sales

They're closing, I doubt they are concerned about future reputation.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @Francisco said:

@Dwood said:

I don't do plans that cheap. All of our resources are dedicated and I'm pretty picky about how much money I make per U in our racks.

Honestly, the only provider I can think of offering pricing like that is Hostodo.

I gave them some advice on a large hardware move they did and from what I've heard from Hassan the kinks are worked out and things are stable. He's been a great guy to chat with and very dedicated to the brand and improving the product.

Francisco

Yeah don't think they're that great, have to pay extra for load and network support.... I'll just pay the price for something... Good..

• LeeLee Veteran

To be fair there were ups and downs at URPad during @KnownHostChrisM days, but in the main, they were mostly ups. A great selection of locations and deals that were just too stupid to say no. It lasted far longer than I expected under RLT.

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited August 2018

Had great uptime when I used them. I canceled and every month since I got an invoice for $0.

Would definitely have used them again at some point. So long...

• Does anybody know , if they can backup your VPS data and give you a link to download .. at least the MySql dump .. Just checked my email and my VPS is already supended.

• kbapkbap Member

Shouldn't be a problem, you had regular backups of your data, right?

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@fresher_06 said:
    my VPS is already supended.

Of course, it's 23. The deadline was 22.

• fresher_06 said: Does anybody know , if they can backup your VPS data and give you a link to download .. at least the MySql dump .. Just checked my email and my VPS is already supended.

They gave a deadline. They have now probably erased and returned all the servers.
    You should have kept backups. Not because they would going to close, but because if you don't have backups, you don't have the original data also.