Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Community Awards - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Community Awards

2»

Comments

• @Chief said: However, if a provider is voted the monthly winner we have a pickle!

@miTgiB said: Provider can give it to one of their fanboys

Either that, or proceed as normal. I'm not the only provider-affiliated user that retains services with other companies :P

• @Aldryic said: or proceed as normal

Very true, I don't have a need for a VPS from anyone at the moment, but a free one might make me find a use.

• I think letting the community bully another member by voting him troll of the week is a bad idea. I wouldn't want banned for 72 hours. Just looking out for my uh friend.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited February 2012

Think of it as incentive for your friend to not be a jackass.

• I like being a jackass

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited February 2012

:(

• I like the suggestion by the @Chief

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited February 2012

@Chief said: it will also display to who voted for whom, this should avoid any signup + vote scenarios. We could also create the option whereby you need 25 posts before you can vote.

To make this even better, yes. 25 posts for them to be eligible to vote..

• atleast 3/5 posts in the current month for them to vote for someone in that month. This will -eliminate- kind of reduce ghost voters with 26 posts who jump in, vote and then run away only to come back next month.

• Monthly prizes look good. and here were have the provider / user dilemma.
      If user, a free yearly Vps / 2 LEB bills is very much of a reward
      if provider, by honoring him you could allow him run a LET special deal which immunes him from no of days/ $7 pricing limits. a active business provider who gets recognition from the users must be given what he wants the most.. more business
      However you can give them a choice.. grab a reward / run a promo

• Trollers. lol ban is too harsh./. let them come in as usual.. just mute them from creating new discussions for a week and silence him/her from comments for 72 hours.

• @peppr said: silence him/her from comments for 72 hours.

How is this different from a ban? A banned user can still read everything, we are pretty savvy with VPN's around these parts, not like we could actually IP Ban anyone and be effective.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • @miTgiB said: How is this different from a ban? A banned user can still read everything, we are pretty savvy with VPN's around these parts, not like we could actually IP Ban anyone and be effective.

That is what i mean.. we could accommodate trollers in their own pants ;)

• @peppr said: atleast 3/5 posts in the current month for them to vote for someone in that month. This will eliminate ghost voters with 26 posts who jump in, vote and then run away only to come back next month.

I don't think that this is fair. If I, for a month, don't have anything to comment I cannot vote?
    This only create (tons?) offtopic posts from "ghost voters".

@peppr said: if provider, by honoring him you could allow him run a LET special deal which immunes him from no of days/ $7 pricing limits. a active business provider who gets recognition from the users must be given what he wants the most.. more business

I think that RackVM, Hostrail or eNetSouth could won a prize, during their maximum spread. Fanboys aren't a good reason to remove LEB posting rules.

• @Steve81 yes what you say is valid too... the first thing i thought would create more room for discussion. take me for instance, i am with LEB since it was started, but never bothered to create an account on LET until last week. so this could bring in more such zombies in and to take part in a discussion.

The 2nd point u made is totaly valid. i take back that suggestion ;)

• fanfan Veteran

@peppr said: Monthly prizes look good. and here were have the provider / user dilemma.

If user, a free yearly Vps / 2 LEB bills is very much of a reward

Very much indeed.

@peppr said: if provider, by honoring him you could allow him run a LET special deal which immunes him from no of days/ $7 pricing limits. a active business provider who gets recognition from the users must be given what he wants the most.. more business

However you can give them a choice.. grab a reward / run a promo

Rules are rules, perhaps it okay to break the time limit for special contributors sometimes but the price limit should be kept. I prefer the way @miTgiB suggested, they can use the prize or give it to someone else.

• @peppr said: @Steve81 yes what you say is valid too... the first thing i thought would create more room for discussion. take me for instance, i am with LEB since it was started, but never bothered to create an account on LET until last week. so this could bring in more such zombies in and to take part in a discussion.

I understand your point of view; personally I don't think that incentives to post are good. I post if I have something usefull (at least IMAO) to say.

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited February 2012

Essentially, if a user doesn't like another user, they will find something that appears trollish and mark them on it any chance they get, all in order to see them banned. Just as banned users can return on a proxy or VPN, other users can fake multiple identities and post about as if they are multiple people. I could pull it off. You may love one username of mine but hate the other. (ie: @Chief/@Joel)

No go man. Don't do it. LET is where people escape the moderation of WHT, or something. It has a purpose. Not to change our lives, but to be a change of our lives. Smaller government (less chiefs per tribe) and more Naruto is my philosophy. Let us govern ourselves as the Nords of Skyrim would like to do.

If Flick from A Bug's Life did what the princess told him to do and just left, what would have happened to the queen? Hopper would have squashed her, that's what. But no, the ants stood up and the caterpillar thing grew tiny wings. Why can't LET be like the ants with their circus friends and say no to the idea of sacrificing fellow ants we don't like?

• @Naruto said: If Flick from A Bug's Life did what the princess told him to do and just left, what would have happened to the queen? Hopper would have squashed her, that's what. But no, the ants stood up and the caterpillar thing grew tiny wings. Why can't LET be like the ants with their circus friends and say no to the idea of sacrificing fellow ants we don't like?

hehehe

• @Naruto said: Let us govern ourselves as the Nords of Skyrim would like to do.

I have no problem putting a spear through your chest.

This is not an attempt to troll you, but a friendly warning that if there were no repercussions, you would suffer very similar 'abuse' from respected members of the community on a constant basis. Just as moderation is keeping your... antics.. at a more subdued level than we would likely suffer without, the same moderation also ensures that Chief and the team don't have to listen to quite so many complaints of people "being mean" to you.

• @Aldryic said: I have no problem putting a spear through your chest.

No spears in Skyrim. That's so Morrowind of you. Stop making everything such a personal attack. Clearly I was right with what I said about A Bug's Life. You only see this troll award as a method to single me out.

• Negative, son. I'm politely letting you know that you should look at both sides of your suggestion. A lack of moderation would indeed mean that you could stir up your drama all you please. It would also mean no end of people "being mean to you".

If you were worth the effort of 'singling out', I would not be polite about it. You can either look at my suggestions and recognize the logic, or disregard them. You've made it obvious over and over again that you are incapable of even casual conversation with me (a similar reason to why you're banned from our IRC channel), so I have nothing more to say on the issue.

• @Naruto

At some point you might let the persecution complex go long enough to realize the common thread in all of your negative interpersonal interactions is you. Put simply: people here call you a troll, not because they don't like you, but because of all the trolling.