Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Community Awards
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Community Awards

ChiefChief Member
edited February 2012 in General

Hi Guys,

So far we have had a huge amount of feedback through our recent BrainStorm. Most of them have been feature requests so we have been reviewing those and placing them in to the roadmap. However one request that has surfaced in a few emails and doesn't require us to wait until we develop a new site is an ongoing LET Community Awards system.

So far shared is:

• Member of the Month
  • Contributor of the Month
  • Tutorial of the Month
  • Post of the Month

Share your ideas in this thread, over the course of the next two months we will bring some ideas we plan to implement in to topics for community discussion.

Chief

Comments

• @Chief said: Member of the Month

Contributor of the Month
    Tutorial of the Month
    Post of the Month

Me
    not me
    not me
    Me

:P

my own list :
    Hall of shame
    Troll of the month
    chuck norris trophy => goes to @miTgiB

some serious suggestions :
    Admin/Moderator(s) pages.
    1 page script/panel.
    read the rest on individual thread here in LET. :D

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Troll of the month sounds fun!

Just curious as to who will judge the winner of these awards.

• ChiefChief Member
    edited February 2012

@Infinity said: Just curious as to who will judge the winner of these awards.

Community voting each month + actual prizes.

• Project of the Month
    Most Helpful Member of the Month (Support and the like)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited February 2012

@Chief said: Member of the Month

Contributor of the Month
    Tutorial of the Month
    Post of the Month

Her
    Him
    It
    Them

@Mon5t3r said: Hall of shame

Troll of the month

HoS: @ChicagoVPS_Chris - total lack of respect to clients
    Troll There are so many fine trolls here I will have to think some

EDIT: Oh, were are still spitballing? Well then, I suggest most overuse of the word soon.

• Troll of the month: I have the 2nd place

• I nominate DrMike.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Dont start please... I dont to see other drmike/naruto/nozhost trash thread

• I'll take Member of the Month and Contributor of the Month, thanks!

• @miTgiB said: Well then, I suggest most overuse of the word soon.

Well that one definitely goes to Fran.

I like this idea. It'll be a good incentive for me to write some tutorials and other articles, which I've been meaning to do for a while.

• @NickM said: I like this idea

Yes, all trolling and joking aside, I think this is a great idea to get more positive contribution from everyone.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I think it's a good idea to award people for the contribute to the forum. Even if this don't stop trolls i think :-)

• Let me start Troll of the Month again :)

• Next to the Thanks button keep a Nominate button which gives a drop down on what you wanna nominate the comment/thread owner for . More posts, more chance for votes. Opening a separate nomination thread in my view will result in flames seeing how LET operates these days;)

• Lets say 3 nomination per user per month for member of the month
    • every post can have a nomination from every user for the most useful post
      etc.,

Trolls and flames need two more buttons near the thanks link: hammer and water

• I was actually nominating DrMike for serious, but its sad that hes gone now.

• @Daniel, take another go at reading the first post.

Back on topic >>
    Troll of the Month = 72hour Ban from LET ???

Here's an idea of the voting system building on @peppr's idea. It will display how many votes for each category you have left. I agree this would be more successful than opening a separate topic each month to vote in.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser upfreak
  • Hahaha, that 72 hour ban idea sounds interesting. Intentional or just a "troll" ban?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Boltersdriveer according to that screenshot you've been trolled by @Chief

• We should have a reputation system similar to MyBB.

• innyainnya Member
    edited February 2012

I saw most people troll in LET anyway. When some one is asking for something and people bashing or kind of start of with another sub topic or off topic or discussions.
    So, it is depend on how you define troll in LET. Sometime it is good to have off discussion but sometime it does not good at all. Because it can become bashing which ok for some and may not be for others.

• @innya said: So, it is depend on how you define troll in LET. Sometime it is good to have off discussion but sometime it does not good at all. Because it can become bashing which ok for some and may not be for others.

There are some people who make dedicated topics just to troll.

• @Chief said: Back on topic >>

Troll of the Month = 72hour Ban from LET ???

I got 48 hours so far. Does ban time stack?

• I would like to suggested a strike policy as well. Cumulative bantimes, permanent after the third.

@Aldryic said: I would like to suggested a strike policy as well. Cumulative bantimes, permanent after the third.

With people here that has more vps/vpn than hairs I don't thinks bans will be so effective :-)

• @Daniel said: nominate DrMike.
    @Daniel said: I was actually nominating DrMike for serious, but its sad that hes gone now.

This must be real love! :p

• @promotes - perhaps, but this isn't a chanboard... people do put some importance on their name's worth. And even if they simply started a new account, the annoying ones would be fairly easy to spot.

@Aldryic said: And even if they simply started a new account, the annoying ones would be fairly easy to spot.

You are right, I was mostly joking ;)

• # Leaderboard
    The voting system on the backend will have a leaderboard, where we can see who at the end of the month tallys the highest. Secondly, it will also display to who voted for whom, this should avoid any signup + vote scenarios. We could also create the option whereby you need 25 posts before you can vote.

# Monthly Prizes
    The monthly prizes we will look to at this stage is....
    256 or 512 Yearly VPS
    256 or 128 Yearly VPS
    2 LEB Invoices for the month paid!
    72 Hour Ban for troll of the week.

However, if a provider is voted the monthly winner we have a pickle!

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • @Chief said: However, if a provider is voted the monthly winner we have a pickle!

Provider can give it to one of their fanboys

Thanked by 1Steve81