Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server recommendation. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server recommendation.

Comments

• jsg said: Damn, I've got everything wrong. So, it's not connectivity and other technical factors but how many directors companieshouse shows for a company?

sure it is, re-read the companyhouse records once again and see who invested more into assets. Then re-read https://www.zare.com/network, then google about Corero, then check out Zares custom control panel, then come here and tell us who has better technical side of things.

jsg said: Help me to understand. companieshouse shows 2 directors for Hydra Communications LTD. How do you run 3 shifts? Has 1 director from Zare to do the 3rd shift?

Also explain, please: Are the employees of the Zare group so lousy that the directors have to do all the work? Or is it, maybe, just maybe, utterly and totally meaningless for judging a hosting operation how many directors are listed on companieshouse?

Company has both directors and employees, at least Zare/Bandwidth have. Both Clouvider and Zare are considered small companies. Directors do a lot of work in small companies. Actually, clouvider is considered MICRO company where director has to do ALL work and where director is only one and only employee.

Clouvider is 1 man band, Zare has 5+ people in total, speaking from first hand experience with both companies.

Clouvider said: Grow up kid and stop spreading false information, otherwise we’ll have another discussion and you won’t like it.

luckily UK companies standings are public information, anyone can check what I said at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk themselves.

Are you treating me ? Dont you have some work to do at your tiny one-man company instead ?

Clouvider said: For the avoidance of doubt, of course Clouvider does not operate at a loss and has some nice profit levels that far exceed our (plural) plans every year.

of course not, and I never said that. I said you WOULD operate at a loss IF you had only 3x UK people working for you(3 shifts) like your competitors have, especially those who are priced in the same price-tag as you.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Clouvider is not a one man band. Learn how to use Companies House.

@apollo15 said:

jsg said: Damn, I've got everything wrong. So, it's not connectivity and other technical factors but how many directors companieshouse shows for a company?

sure it is, re-read the companyhouse records once again and see who invested more into assets. Then re-read https://www.zare.com/network, then google about Corero, then check out Zares custom control panel, then come here and tell us who has better technical side of things.

I did and I found they have a single link to Volta oO, operating a PoP connected to only one other with n other connectivity ? I think you failed to mention it. I think it was the same to the Bristol Dc that had a significant downtime scheduled for BT link maintainance ? Just please stop it for once.

Guys I don’t have time for this, nor I have particular pleasure in again using Zare’s own website to show ‘why us’.

Please, I be you, for your own sake, stop embarrassing yourself @apollo15 (btw, that number behind your nickname is your age ?)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@apollo15 said:

Normally I would do that but after how you behaved here I've lost all interest in Zare.

Company has both directors and employees, at least Zare/Bandwidth have. Both Clouvider and Zare are considered small companies. Directors do a lot of work in small companies. Actually, clouvider is considered MICRO company where director has to do ALL work and where director is only one and only employee.

Clouvider is 1 man band, Zare has 5+ people in total, speaking from first hand experience with both companies.

My favourite restaurant is 3 or 4 people and maybe 10 tables. McDonalds is thousands and thousands of people and tables - but my favourite restaurant is better.

Again: I don't care about how many and how powerful routers and what bandwidth etc. a provider has. I care about 99.99+% availability and reliability and good performance. Similarly I do not care how many technicians a provider has. I care about how well and quickly the work is done; if it's done e.g. by DC technicians that's fine with me.

That attack attempt with the companieshouse data was just plain stupid and showing that you don't know the hosting business.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited July 2018

jsg said: Normally I would do that but after how you behaved here I've lost all interest in Zare.

I am not affiliated with Zare in any way besides being a client, same as with Clouvider.

jsg said: That attack attempt with the companieshouse data was just plain stupid and showing that you don't know the hosting business.

Maybe I dont, but I know how to read financial statements.

jsg said: Again: I don't care about how many and how powerful routers and what bandwidth etc. a provider has. I care about 99.99+% availability and reliability and good performance. Similarly I do not care how many technicians a provider has. I care about how well and quickly the work is done; if it's done e.g. by DC technicians that's fine with me.

good for you, to each his own. I am not saying being a micro company is bad, I dont prefer those though. It is just annoying when micro tiny company attacks others like they are superior, while in fact they are not even close, hence me chiming in.

edited July 2018

@apollo15 said:

jsg said: Normally I would do that but after how you behaved here I've lost all interest in Zare.

I am not affiliated with Zare in any way besides being a client, same as with Clouvider.

jsg said: That attack attempt with the companieshouse data was just plain stupid and showing that you don't know the hosting business.

But you don’t, stop embarrassing yourself.

edited July 2018

Clouvider said: Clouvider is not a one man band. Learn how to use Companies House.

of course not, you have an investor which owns most of Clouvider LTD and have a right to replace you from the director position LOL.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08750969/persons-with-significant-control

Clouvider said: Please, I be you, for your own sake, stop embarrassing yourself @apollo15 (btw, that number behind your nickname is your age ?)

yes, how did you figure that out ?

@apollo15 said:

Clouvider said: Clouvider is not a one man band. Learn how to use Companies House.

of course not, you have an investor which owns most of Clouvider LTD and have a right to replace you from the director position LOL.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08750969/persons-with-significant-control

See you learned to use Companies House, wasn’t that hard. Your one man band just turned into TWO. See ? Now try harder, maybe you’ll find the other 3.

Of course we have an investor, we’re not a one man band.

@apollo15 said:

Clouvider said: Please, I be you, for your own sake, stop embarrassing yourself @apollo15 (btw, that number behind your nickname is your age ?)

yes, how did you figure that out ?

From the merit of your post, sadly.

edited July 2018

@apollo15 said:

At least you are honest in that issue.

You see, if I wanted to buy a provider, I'd look at that kind of information. But as a customer I don't.

Plus if at all I'd be interested in the customer/dedi/nodes number vs. quantity and quality of personel ratio. For Hetzner 10 people is way too few, for @Clouvider 10 people might be just right or even too many. For OVH a 40 Gb line is pocket change, for other providers it might be just right or even too big.

At the end of the day I as a customer just care about the results that I can see and that are relevant for me. And in that regard Clouvider is among the best I've come to know. 2 people or 20 people, I couldn't care less.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2018

Clouvider said: See you learned to use Companies House, wasn’t that hard. Your one man band just turned into TWO. See ? Now try harder, maybe you’ll find the other 3.

majority owner is not employee according to company house.

jsg said: At the end of the day I as a customer just care about the results that I can see and that are relevant for me. And in that regard Clouvider is among the best I've come to know. 2 people or 20 people, I couldn't care less.

thats good for you, I am not saying he is not good... he just needs to stop getting on other peoples because he's not that good at the end of day if we were going to compare, which HE started in the first place as always.

@apollo15 said:

Clouvider said: See you learned to use Companies House, wasn’t that hard. Your one man band just turned into TWO. See ? Now try harder, maybe you’ll find the other 3.

majority owner is not employee according to company house.

Lol, Director doesn’t have to be an employee either.

I beg you, stop embarrassing yourself.

@apollo15 said:

jsg said: At the end of the day I as a customer just care about the results that I can see and that are relevant for me. And in that regard Clouvider is among the best I've come to know. 2 people or 20 people, I couldn't care less.

thats good for you, I am not saying he is not good... he just needs to stop getting on other peoples because he's not that good at the end of day if we were going to compare, which HE started in the first place as always.

I've never caught him lying. My experience with his hosting supports his claims.

And do yourself and Zare a favour and stop that ridiculous company house based argumentation. That's simply not the relevant currency around here; try that in a more finances oriented forum.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2018

Clouvider said: Lol, Director doesn’t have to be an employee either.

in your case it is

jsg said: And do yourself and Zare a favour and stop that ridiculous company house based argumentation. That's simply not the relevant currency around here; try that in a more finances oriented forum.

for me it is, and Im sure it is case for many others around here. As I respect your decision to deal with micro company I hope you would respect other decisions as well.

it was bought up AFTER your provider tried to shame another provider while being both technically and financially worse than him in order to get some more business for his tiny micro company.

IMHO that is bad business practice and someone had to put a stop to that.

• xaocxaoc Member

Soooo, who's is bigger in the end? :/

edited July 2018

@apollo15 said:

Clouvider said: Lol, Director doesn’t have to be an employee either.

in your case it is

jsg said: And do yourself and Zare a favour and stop that ridiculous company house based argumentation. That's simply not the relevant currency around here; try that in a more finances oriented forum.

for me it is, and Im sure it is case for many others around here. As I respect your decision to deal with micro company I hope you would respect other decisions as well.

it was bought up AFTER your provider tried to shame another provider while being both technically and financially worse than him in order to get some more business for his tiny micro company.

All you do is make me counter your Zare vs Clouvider showing their actual flaws not some limited data, which frankly works in Clouvider’s favour, nor Zare’s so yeah, if you’re in a mission here, you’re being counter productive.

@xaoc said:
    Soooo, who's is bigger in the end? :/

No one has an interest in a measuring contest. I’m only defending the business I work for from a fanatic.

edited July 2018

xaoc said: Soooo, who's is bigger in the end? :/

Zare / Bandwidth, far far far bigger in terms of money, assets, people, network, clients and almost everything.

edited July 2018

@apollo15 said:

xaoc said: Soooo, who's is bigger in the end? :/

Zare / Bandwidth, far far far bigger in terms of money, assets, people, network, clients and almost everything.

Stop embarrassing yourself, kid.

edited July 2018

Clouvider said: Stop embarrassing yourself, kid.

you may find embarrassment below, your game playing big company is over.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08750969/filing-history

-> 07 Mar 2018 Total exemption full accounts made up to 31 December 2017
    View PDF Total exemption full accounts made up to 31 December 2017 - link opens in a new window - 7 pages (7 pages)

edited July 2018

@apollo15 said:

Clouvider said: Stop embarrassing yourself, kid.

you may find embarrassment below, your game playing big company is over.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08750969/filing-history

-> 07 Mar 2018 Total exemption full accounts made up to 31 December 2017
    View PDF Total exemption full accounts made up to 31 December 2017 - link opens in a new window - 7 pages (7 pages)

Huh? We don’t pretend to be a huge company.

We are one that provides great services to their Clients, with a great, resilient network, with some very high quality, skill, knowledge and at a cost that doesn’t break the bank compared to the big players providing similar levels of service.

@apollo15 said:

That's not how I took it. I simply didn't see any attempt to humiliate another provider. All I saw was @Clouvider mentioning what he considers to differentiate his operation from the competition.

And frankly, I also saw some barking guys who felt hurt because again a beautiful woman chose a ride with a nice Jagur over a van. Which is one of the reasons why I called your (and Zares) attempts "stupid"; in the end you but underlined Clouviders position.

I've written a benchmark and am known to run benchmarks if providers desire that. It would have been MUCH smarter if Zare had asked me to do a benchmark and write a report on LET about the outcome.

Get it! You don't win against quality by trying to smearing it. You win by demonstrating your own quality.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

And that’s eot for me, you can’t embarrass yourself more, I don’t have time for you, thank you for the opportunity of the positive publicity.

Bye :-)!

@Clouvider

(after reading @apollo15's recent post ...)

CONFESS! You evil man! Confess that you didn't buy your Juniper equipment in some store for cash but that you leased it! Also confess that you have a smart accountant working for you!

Gasp!

I just contacted Juniper and asked for advice. I'm relieved to have learned that leased Juniper routers work just like ones payed front up.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2018

jsg said: That's not how I took it. I simply didn't see any attempt to humiliate another provider. All I saw was @Clouvider mentioning what he considers to differentiate his operation from the competition.

and you really think competitor with 5x bigger in size does not have redundant network, do you really think competitor who invested 5x into the network does not have a better network ? It all sums it up, you get what you pay for. Most of competition have this. If someone as small as Clouvider can have it, then you can be 100% sure competitor 5x bigger can have it at same level, if not better.

edited July 2018

@apollo15 said:

jsg said: That's not how I took it. I simply didn't see any attempt to humiliate another provider. All I saw was @Clouvider mentioning what he considers to differentiate his operation from the competition.

and you really think competitor with 5x bigger in size does not have redundant network, do you really think competitor who invested 5x into the network does not have a better network ? It all sums it up, you get what you pay for. Most of competition have this. If someone as small as Clouvider can have it, then you can be 100% sure competitor 5x bigger can have it at same level, if not better.

No, they self-admit they don’t mate ;-). I already told you, and you’re looping yourself.

If you’re comparing - yes we have each site linked to at least 2 other, with dark fibre, own DWDM and 100Gs

@Clouvider said:
    Clouvider is not a one man band. Learn how to use Companies House.

@apollo15 said:

jsg said: Damn, I've got everything wrong. So, it's not connectivity and other technical factors but how many directors companieshouse shows for a company?

I did and I found they have a single link to Volta oO, operating a PoP connected to only one other with n other connectivity ? I think you failed to mention it. I think it was the same to the Bristol Dc that had a significant downtime scheduled for BT link maintainance ? Just please stop it for once.

Guys I don’t have time for this, nor I have particular pleasure in again using Zare’s own website to show ‘why us’.

Please, I be you, for your own sake, stop embarrassing yourself @apollo15 (btw, that number behind your nickname is your age ?)

• Clouvider said: And that’s eot for me, you can’t embarrass yourself more, I don’t have time for you, thank you for the opportunity of the positive publicity.

no problem, Im sure you dont.

EOT, have a nice day

edited July 2018

@apollo15 said:

and you really think competitor with 5x bigger in size does not have redundant network, do you really think competitor who invested 5x into the network does not have a better network ? It all sums it up, you get what you pay for. Most of competition have this. If someone as small as Clouvider can have it, then you can be 100% sure everyone else can have it as well.

You should have listened to my advice to stick to talking about areas you know.

Short answer: Bullsh*t to the square!

Longer but still limited answer: More people does not mean better people. Better payment also doesn't mean better people. In IT there are quite many top people that won't work for you based on money alone. One important issue is whether they accept you as a leader and your concept as attractive.

Second point: The investor, the man you brought up as a minus against @Clouvider. Dead wrong. What that man means is that @Clouvider had the standing in his field, the personality, and the convincing concept to not only invest but to do so with Clouvider having a blocking minority of 25.1% (or more).

Third point: Clouviders operation has been continually growing and has been continually extended. Plus there are some reputable providers working with him - not for sympathy but because of what Clouvider has built and to offer. I myself know about some who chose him for their UK presence.

You know next to nothing about our field, you have the wrong approach, you are demonstrably interpreting poorly, and you consistently confuse quantity and quality.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • BopieBopie Member

Wow so i never realise that Zare and Clouvider were still debating, Now from experience i have used both services and my experience with Zare was much more of a fit for me however clouvider was not a bad company and the service was brilliant.

They are two companies fighting for the same market so really there is going to be some competition however its how any company then handles there image to the public,

I have however noticed that @Clouvider you normally dont entertain people and what they say however i can understand that what is being said to me sounds like an attack on yourself from a zare customer.

Personally and this is aimed at the OP both @clouvider and @zare have there own ways of business and like i said if its a UK location you are looking at they are surely both a very good option and IMO i would contact both privately and see what your own opinion is.

Thanked by 2Zare Clouvider

Right so, shall we all enjoy the rest of our days and agree that this discussion should cease and we should all go back to he topic at hand. @Zare will you guys support ?

Thanks a lot.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Agreed @Clouvider - Lets all just shake hands, fellas.

Thanked by 2Clouvider feezioxiii

@Zare said:
    Agreed @Clouvider - Lets all just shake hands, fellas.

We should grab a beer and put it behind us when the occasion arises. Beer’s on me. :-)

Thanked by 1Zare