Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server recommendation.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server recommendation.

AmplificatorAmplificator Member
edited July 2018 in Providers

What are some of the most reliable servers out there these days?

I need a new 64GB memory and SSD dedicated server for no higher than 100 euro in central europe (germany, netherlands or france prefered) and was wondering how the providers are these days.

I have found the following servers:

1. https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/px61-nvme
  2. https://www.online.net/en/server-dedicated/pro-6-s
  3. https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/1801sys55.xml

The only provider I've had services with before was Online.net which worked out fine back then.
Any recommendations between the servers I have found or perhaps another provider?

Comments

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

If you would consider London, UK - I can do the following: E3-1270v6, 64GB RAM, 2 x 500GB SSD with free 10G port upgrade for the same price as Online. PM for more info.

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited July 2018

Can go with @Clouvider if location works. Been using for almost a year, going solid.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jetchirag said:
    Can go with @Clouvider if location works. Been using for almost a year, going solid.

Thanks a lot for recommending :-).

We’d love to help !

• You can't really go wrong with either of them .... @Zare Or, @Clouvider

Thanked by 1Zare
  • Hetzner without setup fee is a steal tho

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Clouvider said:

@jetchirag said:

We’d love to help !

What network do you use?

edited July 2018

@Amplificator said:

@Clouvider said:

@jetchirag said:

We’d love to help !

What network do you use?

We are THE Network :-). AS62240

https://bgp.he.net/AS62240

100 Gbit/s Juniper core with MPLS across all PoPs

Our transits include:

• Telia
    • Level3
    • NTT
    • GTT
    • TATA
    • Zayo
    • Cogent

We peer at LINX: LON1 and LON2, as well as LONAP. We also have a premium connection to Liberty Global for Virgin Media, UPC, Ziggo and others.

Entire network built with reliability in mind, dual redundant path at each locations, carriers spread across locations with each PoP able to run autonomy if needed.

No used gear, no EOL kit, no single paths with potential to fail, no Netgear anywhere in our network contrary to some of our competitors.

We’d love to have you on board :-).

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@Amplificator said:

@Clouvider said:

@jetchirag said:

We’d love to help !

What network do you use?

Zare:
    https://bgp.he.net/AS25369#_peers

Clouvider:
    https://bgp.he.net/AS62240#_peers

Thanked by 2Clouvider Zare

@Clouvider said:

@Amplificator said:

@Clouvider said:

@jetchirag said:

We’d love to help !

What network do you use?

Our transits include:

• Telia
    • Level3
    • NTT
    • GTT
    • TATA
    • Zayo
    • Cogent

We peer at LINX: LON1 and LON2, as well as LONAP. We also have a premium connection to Liberty Global for Virgin Media, UPC, Ziggo and others.

Entire network built with reliability in mind, dual redundant path at each locations, carriers spread across locations with each PoP able to run autonomy if needed.

No used gear, no EOL kit, no single paths with potential to fail, no Netgear anywhere in our network contrary to some of our competitors.

Try to keep it professional for once Dom, you have absolutely no decorum.

@Zare said:

@Clouvider said:

@Amplificator said:

@Clouvider said:

@jetchirag said:

We’d love to help !

What network do you use?

Our transits include:

• Telia
    • Level3
    • NTT
    • GTT
    • TATA
    • Zayo
    • Cogent

Try to keep it professional for once Dom, you have absolutely no decorum.

Huh?

edited July 2018

@Clouvider We can all see your little digs at us, its fine though.. not got anything bad to say about your network or Clouvider in general, we love the competition :)

• @Zare said:
    @Clouvider We can all see your little digs at us, its fine though.. not got anything bad to say about your network or Clouvider in general, we love the competition :)

I think I missed the digs... can you let me in on the joke? :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @DanSummer said:

@Zare said:

I think this

anywhere in our network contrary to some of our competitors

@jetchirag said:

@DanSummer said:

@Zare said:

I think this

Why would @Zare assume it was referring to them ?

• @Zare said:

Yeah, don't worry. Plenty of people have started seeing his unfair jabs at other providers and just general lack of professionalism as of late.

@Clouvider said:

Because you've called them out on it before.

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited July 2018

I've used OVH/SoYouStart at BHS for a long time and they've been rock-solid (99.99% reachability) since ironing out some bumps early on. Can't speak to their reliability in Europe, but their routes to Europe from BHS are good. Support is OK but not great; probably better if you speak French (mine sucks). [IIRC, they had a pretty bad outage in France early this year, so you might want to search for the appropriate thread here on LET and judge for yourself.]

Clouvider is also solid (seeing a consistent 99.9% or better over the past 8 months), and I'd expect better support from them than from OVH or Hetzner. I don't think you can go wrong there, even though it's not on the continent.

I just turned up a box at Hetzner this month. Seems pretty good. Not sure I'd recommend them over the other two for something critical; OTOH, you can snag some really good deals at https://www.hetzner.com/sb

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

@Clouvider said:

@jetchirag said:

@DanSummer said:

@Zare said:

I think this

Clouvider said: No used gear, no EOL kit, no single paths with potential to fail, no Netgear anywhere in our network contrary to some of our competitors.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2252887/#Comment_2252887

Btw, let's stop here then, keep posts related to OP request!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2018

If the cap fits, wear it. If it doesn't fix it.

Going personal was pointless, quite unprofessional, if we follow Zare's narrative. What to expect...

feezioxiii said: Btw, let's stop here then, keep posts related to OP request!

and much agreed - dunno why it was so desperately brought up in the first place.

Usually we ignore your digs and other people will comment on it. But honestly its unprofessional to keep doing it on any post we comment on. Try to win business on the merits alone, not by berating and talking negatively about other companies.

But yes, back to the point of this post. Hope we can help you with a server in the UK :)

edited July 2018

@Zare said:
    Usually we ignore your digs and other people will comment on it. But honestly its unprofessional to keep doing it on any post we comment on. Try to win business on the merits alone, not by berating and talking negatively about other companies.

But yes, back to the point of this post. Hope we can help you with a server in the UK :)

Doh, and you still keep digging at us while trying to portray us at digging at you (???). I guess it's your new marketing strategy?

Let it go.

• szarkaszarka Member

Thanked by 2Zare Clouvider
  • @Amplificator said:
    What are some of the most reliable servers out there these days?

I need a new 64GB memory and SSD dedicated server for no higher than 100 euro in central europe (germany, netherlands or france prefered) and was wondering how the providers are these days.

I have found the following servers:

1. https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/px61-nvme
    2. https://www.online.net/en/server-dedicated/pro-6-s
    3. https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/1801sys55.xml
      Any recommendations between the servers I have found or perhaps another provider?

I have used hetzner and Leaseweb directly and Worldstream indirectly. I had good exp mostly.

If you prefer proven quality go with hetzner for germany.

Never used their dedicated server but in my experience with their cloud they are good and have a big presence aruba.it

Other than them for Netherlands Worldstream and leaseweb but do note they are some what on the costlier side.

And the usual suspects in france OVH,Online, don't forget ikoula.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Hetzner_OL
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2018

@Amplificator

The three you mentioned are OK and the big players. Another one, a bit less cheap but excellent is @Clouvider. Plus there are quite some other players.

I'd advise to think about 2 points: (a) what's YOUR most important factor? (price. support, etc) and (b) potentially important (for you) side-factors (e.g. backup, upgradability).

I myself would send business clients to Clouvider, private clients (incl. myself) to Hetzner but also sometimes advised people to go with another provider for specific reasons (like a language preference or ease of having ones own sent in parts put into a server).

P.S. @Zare

Uhm, I didn't see Clouvider picking on you. He merely made a somewhat spicy but general remark about less high end players. I can understand that though because needing to ask a somewhat higher price than cheaper players also means that he needs to point out some of what sets him apart and justifies the price.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Hetzner_OL
  • apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited July 2018

Clouvider said: No used gear, no EOL kit, no single paths with potential to fail, no Netgear anywhere in our network contrary to some of our competitors.

Good for you, but with buying out Bandwidth Technologies LTD I do not think network will lack. Hydra Communications LTD and Bandwidth Technologies LTD have almost 5x more assets than you have, you dont even have 200k pounds worth of equipment how small you are. One band man according to financial statements.

you use hostbill, zare uses their own customly coded control panel. Zare invested on their own Corero devices integrated into their custom control panel for inline protection, you depend on your uplinks... Zare network is pushing 50gbps 95%, how much you push ?

Zare wins on all fronts I am sorry. I dont see how exactly you are high-end as you try to look. LOL.

reference: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk

EDIT: and with all that, Zare wins on price too.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
    edited July 2018

Nice attempt to revive this dead horse. You’d be surprised ;-).

We’ll happily point out our, arguably major, pros to a serious Customer in a private conversation.

EOT for me, you won’t find your drama here.

@apollo15

Amazing. What an ugly attack on @Clouvider.

For a start: Ever heard of leasing? Interesting concept, you should google it.

By far more important though is that you basically argue in terms of quantity and "mine is longer" where Clouviders statement is about quality.

As a (indirect) customer I don't care about how long your dick is, how many Gb/s you push and how many Tb/s your routers can push - what I care about is availability, connectivity, support, and whether a providers structure can reliably and with some reasonable reserves provide what real and existing customers need.

And btw. with 1.5 MVA power cap. I wouldn't make too much noise about oh how big I am.

• xaocxaoc Member

Keep going guys, i really want to find out who's is bigger now. -_-

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited July 2018

Clouvider said: Nice attempt to revive this dead horse. You’d be surprised ;-).

We’ll happily point out our, arguably major, pros to a serious Customer in a private conversation.

EOT for me, you won’t find your drama here.

it is all public information, everyone can go https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk and compare Clouvider Limited against Hydra Communications LTD and Bandwidth Technologies LTD to see how tiny you are comparing to them.

How you act against other people here I would think you run LeaseWeb, not a tiny UK ltd with 1 employee. If you had only 3 UK people on wage(3 shifts like Zare has) you would operate in a loss LOL and everyone can confirm that at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk

Good luck and think twice when you try to humiliate someone publicly next time.

@apollo15 said:
    it is all public information, everyone can go https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk and compare Clouvider Limited against Hydra Communications LTD and Bandwidth Technologies LTD to see how tiny you are comparing to them.

Damn, I've got everything wrong. So, it's not connectivity and other technical factors but how many directors companieshouse shows for a company?

How you act against other people here I would think you run LeaseWeb, not a tiny UK ltd with 1 employee. If you had only 3 UK people on wage(3 shifts like Zare has) you would operate in a loss LOL and everyone can confirm that at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk

Help me to understand. companieshouse shows 2 directors for Hydra Communications LTD. How do you run 3 shifts? Has 1 director from Zare to do the 3rd shift?

Also explain, please: Are the employees of the Zare group so lousy that the directors have to do all the work? Or is it, maybe, just maybe, utterly and totally meaningless for judging a hosting operation how many directors are listed on companieshouse?

Good luck and think twice when you try to humiliate someone publicly next time.

First, my warmly felt empathy for you but I have bad news for you: talking to oneself is no adequate replacement for a professional therapy! But I commend you for at least understanding that what you just tried for a second time was inacceptable and btw. very poorly and cluelessly performed too.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2018

Lol, we found ourselves a Low End forensic accountant, unfortunately for LET, one providing an awful quality of service. Had this been your professional opinion and LET was your Client you’d be sued to the ground for your negligence.

Grow up kid and stop spreading false information, otherwise we’ll have another discussion and you won’t like it.

For the avoidance of doubt, of course Clouvider does not operate at a loss and has some nice profit levels that far exceed our (plural) plans every year, and further we have a number of people working for us as well.