Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[DEAL] 12-Month LastPass Premium Subscription for $6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[DEAL] 12-Month LastPass Premium Subscription for $6

Just saw this deal:
https://slickdeals.net/f/11854203-last-pass-premium-6-for-a-year-new-customers-only

12-Month LastPass Premium Subscription for $6. Per the site: "Codes redeemable until September 1, 2018. 12 months subscription starts from the date of activation."

Keys are redeemable for new LastPass customers as well as existing accounts/ existing customers.
Codes redeemable until September 1, 2018. 12 months subscription starts from the date of activation.

You can redeem multiple codes to add multiple years to an existing subscription, 2 for each payment type (Credit Card, Amazon Pay and Paypal -- 6 years total).

The 2 limit is for each credit card number. For Amazon and Paypal you can switch to a different credit card and make 2 more purchases per card.

Thanked by 4emre Faizi Aidan Waldo19

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

They will remove the extra years if you stack the keys.

• I was very happy about my lastpass subscription even though I wasn't using any paid features, until they increased the price for 100% and I'm done.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

@msg7086 said:
    I was very happy about my lastpass subscription even though I wasn't using any paid features, until they increased the price for 100% and I'm done.

Still cheaper then Dashlane, 1Password, etc.

• @MikeA said:

@msg7086 said:
    I was very happy about my lastpass subscription even though I wasn't using any paid features, until they increased the price for 100% and I'm done.

Still cheaper then Dashlane, 1Password, etc.

Yes, yes.

However /me paying the premium was only to support their dev. But after that I cancelled my subscription and have been using their free tier service -- which was enough for me anyway.

• @TheKiller said:
    You can redeem multiple codes to add multiple years to an existing subscription, 2 for each payment type (Credit Card, Amazon Pay and Paypal -- 6 years total).

@Chuck said:

I'm confused, which one is it really? :-)

• My password in password.txt better it is not in the cloud! =))

• @pullangcubo said:

@TheKiller said:

@Chuck said:

I've heard stories that they could stack -- yet that's like yesterday old news. Not sure about now.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • ChuckChuck Member

@msg7086 said:

@pullangcubo said:

@TheKiller said:

@Chuck said:

I've heard stories that they could stack -- yet that's like yesterday old news. Not sure about now.

They said on their website: "Purchases of LastPass can only be stacked once."

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • I'm so confused with this deal. that's really true.

• emreemre Member, LIR

TheKiller said: Just saw this deal: https://slickdeals.net/f/11854203-last-pass-premium-6-for-a-year-new-customers-only

12-Month LastPass Premium Subscription for $6. Per the site: "Codes redeemable until September 1, 2018. 12 months subscription starts from the date of activation."

Keys are redeemable for new LastPass customers as well as existing accounts/ existing customers. Codes redeemable until September 1, 2018. 12 months subscription starts from the date of activation.

The 2 limit is for each credit card number. For Amazon and Paypal you can switch to a different credit card and make 2 more purchases per card.

Thank you, I extend my subscription %50 cheaper and I am happy.

• Pro tip: Use a hash based password generator that doesn't have to store passwords, yet lets you regenerate them easily

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited July 2018

@torrbox said:
    Pro tip: Use a hash based password generator that doesn't have to store passwords, yet lets you regenerate them easily

Please explain?
    If you use password generator but you don't store it, How do you remember it?

• TikiTiki Member

I can confirm that I purchased 2 of these and they stacked just fine.

• @Chuck said:

@torrbox said:
    Pro tip: Use a hash based password generator that doesn't have to store passwords, yet lets you regenerate them easily

Please explain?

Hashing the same string always returns the same hash.

• AnaajkskAnaajksk Member
    edited July 2018

i'm satisfied with self-hosted bit warden instance.

in my opinion lastpass has gone down hill since they were acquired

• ArisCArisC Member

Only bitwarden !

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Grrrr! I purchased the paid subscription after 4 years using the free one, just last week! Damn...

• ChuckChuck Member

@jvnadr said:
    Grrrr! I purchased the paid subscription after 4 years using the free one, just last week! Damn...

you paid $24 for this?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Chuck said: you paid $24 for this?

Yes. I wanted it in a couple of mobile devices and I was so lazy to transfer it to a self hosted platform... Anyway, their product is good.

• ChuckChuck Member

@jvnadr said:

Chuck said: you paid $24 for this?

Yes. I wanted it in a couple of mobile devices and I was so lazy to transfer it to a self hosted platform... Anyway, their product is good.

I thought you can sync password between devices on the Free version?

• @torrbox said:

@Chuck said:

@torrbox said:

Please explain?

... so you still have to remember the password?

• thanks for the heads up!
    LastPass Premium User : Expires in 2 years 23 hours on July 26, 2020
    was able to stack up 2

• torrboxtorrbox Member
    edited July 2018

@doghouch said:

@torrbox said:

@Chuck said:

@torrbox said:

Please explain?

... so you still have to remember the password?

Yep. I use it even though it's pointless.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Chuck said: I thought you can sync password between devices on the Free version?

Yes, on desktop. To extend it on android, IOS and iphone, you have to use the paid version...

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • ChuckChuck Member

@jvnadr said:

Chuck said: I thought you can sync password between devices on the Free version?

Yes, on desktop. To extend it on android, IOS and iphone, you have to use the paid version...

Didn't know that. guess I will go with Bitwarden.

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr said:

I believe they added that feature to the Free version quite a while ago. I've been using LastPass free for years (my original subscription when it was $12/yr expired) and have had no issues syncing passwords between multiple desktops (chrome extension) and iOS. It sometimes requires restarting Chrome/LastPass app, but it always eventually syncs.

• @Lyphiard said:

@jvnadr said:

>

I believe they added that feature to the Free version quite a while ago.

This is news to me as well, and apparently this has been a "free" feature for a couple of years already!

https://blog.lastpass.com/2016/11/get-lastpass-everywhere-multi-device-access-is-now-free.html/

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/lastpass-now-free-on-all-devices/

I'm really getting old already :-D

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Damn again! I didn't see at all that the mobile apps had become free! OK, I throw $24 in the trash can...

• 404error404error Member
    edited July 2018

So... why not just use Avast Password Vault/browser plugin? free...
    Also available for phones.

• And btw, with avast Password Guardian (10€/year) you are supposed to catch on if any of your passwords was leaked. (