Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing (and ChicagoVPS/HVH/LET/LEB/etc) Acquired by Deluxe.com? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing (and ChicagoVPS/HVH/LET/LEB/etc) Acquired by Deluxe.com?

Comments

• FoulFoul Member

hostdare said: Yeah really , when they get banned at let and immediately open a new forum ....

Guess you're just another idiot.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Foul said: Guess you're just another idiot.

Yeah sure as long as you do not get banned in that host randomly just because the owner has pms . if speaking against that makes me an idiot , I will better be .

JohnMiller92 said: Haha, HostBalls has been alive for a while now long before the temp bans AFAIK

They open that forum when they wrote in their tos that LET guys not allowed in their hosting due exposure of their semi scam behavior (just a few days before getting banned here ) . does not it seem too much for a coincidence ?
    I know lots of fanboys will try to deflect the topic by calling people names-idiots and what not . This happens in every thread of theirs .

• lazytlazyt Member

OK I see where the idiot's coming from. He's claiming Hostballs is an Incero product.

Talk about tin hats and twisted facts.

• Hostballs.com is a jarland vps AFAIK. There are a handful of useful threads.

I couldn't be bothered to register though.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am an idiot and I am on Ballshosting by JarLord.

• Harambe said: I went out screaming 'god is great' in Arabic.

you mean Like this

End is nigh.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @vimalware said:
    Hostballs.com is a jarland vps AFAIK. There are a handful of useful threads.

I couldn't be bothered to register though.

But you had time to post here?

• inklightinklight Member
    edited July 2018

Harambe said: I went out screaming 'god is great' in Arabic.

you mean Like this :-

@Waldo19 said:
    But you had time to post here?

Some of us are here to locate missing Waldo.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • TuckerTucker Member
    edited July 2018

Took a look at Deluxe on my Bloomberg Terminal and couldn't find a single mention of CC or Velocity-Servers in any SEC filings, earnings call transcripts, press releases or anything like that.

Since Deluxe is a publicly traded company, Reg FD could compel them to file an 8-K disclosing material information about the acquisition, if the trademark changes are to be considered an unintentional disclosure of market-sensitive information.

I'm no securities lawyer though, I did send the thread to their investor relations contact this morning though, if Reg FD does apply here, keep an eye out for a full press release.

Thanked by 1Daniel15

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

@Tucker said:

Since Deluxe is a publicly traded company, Reg FD could compel them to file an 8-K disclosing material information about the acquisition, if the trademark changes are to be considered an unintentional disclosure of market-sensitive information.

I'm no securities lawyer though, I did send the thread to their investor relations contact this morning though, if Reg FD does apply here, keep an eye out for a full press release.

Deluxe has over $1 billion in annual revenues. Assuming the press release is talking about CC, the press release says $7 million revenue for 2018. That's less than 1% of Deluxe's annual revenue. I don't think that qualifies as material for Deluxe.

Thanked by 3Aidan Clouvider Kris
  • TuckerTucker Member

@qps said:

Deluxe has over $1 billion in annual revenues. Assuming the press release is talking about CC, the press release says $7 million revenue for 2018. That's less than 1% of Deluxe's annual revenue. I don't think that qualifies as material for Deluxe.

Valid point, its definitely not market-sensitive. However small, i'd expect them to disclose under Reg FD just as standard practice to a) abide by regulations/uphold fiduciary duty to shareholders and b) shield themselves from certain claims of non-disclosure that could be presented in shareholder litigation.

My post was a bit verbose and rambling about the SEC regs, to revise "I emailed them asking for clarification, here's why" :)

• OmgpleaseReadOmgpleaseRead Member
    edited July 2018

@Tucker there is nothing to report. If you actually read Deluxe's last 8K it announced that an acquisition closed for the web hosting services company. It further announced that it would be discussed at the second quarter earnings call. Of course that hasn't happened yet so we get random opinions on the internet about non-compliance after a cursory Bloomberg search.

If you further look things up you will see the second quarter earnings call is tomorrow yep July 26th. I'm sure everyone will hold their breath in anticipation so the billion dollar corporation can comply with proper filing (gee looks like the clearly did if you read current filings). Since it closed they obviously transitioned the trademark.

Additionally, if anyone actually thought to run a NY corp search you would see that there is also a new entry under velocity servers for WNY IT Services. Of course @jbiloh is the contact for the new entity. so you have large public company buying small private company. disclosing on 8K, saying more detail to follow on earnings call-which is tomorrow, trademark changed in orderly fashion, new NY entity in an orderly fashion. Now just exactly what is investors relations of a billion dollar corp going to tell you before the earnings call? zip, nada, nothing, because wouldn't that be insider trading?

Edit: WNY IT Services may not be a new entity - but there is new name info under velocity ervers and wny it services for june 4, 2018

Edit: call information is: management will hold an open-access conference call at 11:00 a.m. ET (10:00 a.m. CT). All interested persons may listen to the call by dialing 1-615-247-0252 (access code 6253348). The audio and accompanying slides will be available via a simultaneous webcast on the investor relations website at www.deluxe.com/investor. For those unable to listen live, a telephone replay will be available after 2:00 p.m. ET and through midnight on August 2, 2018 by dialing 1-404-537-3406 (access code 6253348).

Thanked by 1Daniel15

A kitten died when a wall of text collapsed on her.

• Was it schrodingers cat?

OmgpleaseRead said: Edit: WNY IT Services may not be a new entity - but there is new name info under velocity ervers and wny it services for june 4, 2018

Looks like it is just a name change from Velocity Servers to WNY IT Services.

edited July 2018

@qps trademark for ColoCrossing Assigned to Deluxe on 6/11/18

New name on velocity servers 6/4/18

announcment of a completed acquisition by deluxe. deluxe can't name its company deluxe in ny because someone out of an apartment in NY is already using the deluxe corp name for registering a company in ny (or it may be using it on another entity).

• TuckerTucker Member

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    @Tucker
    If you further look things up you will see the second quarter earnings call is tomorrow yep July 26th. I'm sure everyone will hold their breath in anticipation so the billion dollar corporation can comply with proper filing (gee looks like the clearly did if you read current filings). Since it closed they obviously transitioned the trademark.

You got me there, I admit I didn't catch the date listed for their next earnings call. My two previous posts are pretty asinine given this fact.

OmgpleaseRead said: Now just exactly what is investors relations of a billion dollar corp going to tell you before the earnings call? zip, nada, nothing, because wouldn't that be insider trading?

an issuer ordinarily would not be conveying material nonpublic information if it corrected historical facts that were a matter of public record. An issuer also would not be conveying such information if it shared seemingly inconsequential data which, pieced together with public information by a skilled analyst with knowledge of the issuer and the industry, helps form a mosaic that reveals material nonpublic information.

The SEC's answer to this question is a bit vague but tldr commenting on or otherwise correcting matters of public record wouldn't trigger Reg FD requiring disclosure nor would it constitute selective disclosure that could classify someone receiving the information as a temporary insider.

I agree its unlikely an IR contact would disclose anything to me but not out of the realm of possibility. News can drive a market both ways, if the conclusion in the OP about the acquisition was for some reason incorrect they may want to correct the record.

Sorry for the multiple walls of texts. Didn't mean to turn this thread into SECTalk. I'll check the conf call and subsequent filings tomorrow for further news.

Cheers and good luck / congrats to ColoCrossing!

• OmgpleaseRead said: @Tucker there is nothing to report. If you actually read Deluxe's last 8K it announced that an acquisition closed for the web hosting services company. It further announced that it would be discussed at the second quarter earnings call. Of course that hasn't happened yet so we get random opinions on the internet about non-compliance after a cursory Bloomberg search.

Additionally, if anyone actually thought to run a NY corp search you would see that there is also a new entry under velocity servers for WNY IT Services. Of course @jbiloh is the contact for the new entity. so you have large public company buying small private company. disclosing on 8K, saying more detail to follow on earnings call-which is tomorrow, trademark changed in orderly fashion, new NY entity in an orderly fashion. Now just exactly what is investors relations of a billion dollar corp going to tell you before the earnings call? zip, nada, nothing, because wouldn't that be insider trading?

Edit: WNY IT Services may not be a new entity - but there is new name info under velocity ervers and wny it services for june 4, 2018

Edit: call information is: management will hold an open-access conference call at 11:00 a.m. ET (10:00 a.m. CT). All interested persons may listen to the call by dialing 1-615-247-0252 (access code 6253348). The audio and accompanying slides will be available via a simultaneous webcast on the investor relations website at www.deluxe.com/investor. For those unable to listen live, a telephone replay will be available after 2:00 p.m. ET and through midnight on August 2, 2018 by dialing 1-404-537-3406 (access code 6253348).

Not to be short, but who the heck are you? I noticed you just signed up today to come here and post this, seems awful close to the belt to be a coincidence. Mind explaining why you have such a Passion for this and why it motivated you to sign-up here just to tell us? I mean, I could understand being this passionate about it if you were maybe a long time member or maybe if you are someone which is part or related to Deluxe.com in some way. If the later, why be so shady about it and instead just come out and say so?

Cheers!

Thanked by 2mksh szarka

OmgpleaseRead said: deluxe can't name its company deluxe in ny

There is no other "Deluxe Small Business Sales, Inc." in New York, so if they wanted to register that, they could...

• Deluxe is actually deluxe corp. Look at trademark transfer @qps

• FoulFoul Member

OmgpleaseRead said: Deluxe is actually deluxe corp

Hello Shiller!

@OmgpleaseRead

https://hostballs.com/uploads/default/original/1X/1736c6c2244c5dd6ee5e1cb5c231da5630d92f74.png

(LAST LISTED OWNER) DELUXE SMALL BUSINESS SALES, INC. CORPORATION MINNESOTA 3680 VICTORIA STREET NORTH SHOREVIEW MINNESOTA 55126

It's right there from the OP with the corp name I said.

It's starting to smell.

edited July 2018

@thelinuxbug feel free to correct any factual inaccuracies. I find you welcome most intriguing.perhaps you could become a moderator

• Sorry I wrecked your drama thread. There is nothing left except to wait for the call i guess

• KrisKris Member

jfc guys.

What @qps said.

Deluxe is big. very big. to the point of I remember my first checkbook being printed by them.

This is a drop in the bucket for them. I'm sure WNY = western ny, and they're doing normal house cleaning after buying up a relatively small asset (IPs). Did they happen to buy them for the prestige of a DC in Buffalo? Yet to be seen.

As for the new member who's taken a bit too much modafinil, not sure if they're an old school CC follower or just trying to drop some dank trading knowledge while looking for the last bit of drama.

It's been interesting. From the strong-arm takeover of HVH due to expensive LTO contracts, to Biloh and the bros over at ChicagoVPS - well done on the hardcore IP hoarding

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
    Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
    Everybody knows the war is over
    Everybody knows the good guys lost
    Everybody knows the fight was fixed
    The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
    That's how it goes
    Everybody knows
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

This is a good business strategy by biloh . Exiting from a business with low returns and high risk is the businessman way .