Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BreatHost - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BreatHost

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@sturdyvps said: @Francisco Thats sad actually that they will do this :(

Alas the deadpool is becoming a recurring story for a lot of providers. There is more and more cases of deadpoolers being on their 2nd+ "company".

Francisco

• OK, so now my german kvm is down since 8am EST. Hello deadpool!

• sturdyvpssturdyvps Member
    edited February 2012

Yep looks like it is in the deadpool then. I hope people made backups while the Server was Online.

@Francisco That's just sad, at least if people choose to create a second (third, fourth etc) VPS company they can at least learn from their past mistakes.

• Guys there's some updates on their Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/breathost

We're currently creating backups of all containers.

Also there is a link to a news article, http://www.gvu.de/media/pdf/811.pdf - can anyone read and understand German to tell us what that says?

• @sturdyvps said: Meanwhile are there any other clients of Breathost here? I want to see how many clients there are to see whether i can devise a data-rescue plan.

I'am customer of this company (Breathost/Igsobe) but I'am lucky man because I have moved my data to elsewhere before my kvm vps is gone.

• The GVU text is above in German is about skyload, which was a popular file sharing hosting that was hosted in the Interwerk Frankfurt facility. The operator was arrested, because this file sharing network was affiliated with kino.to the famest german online movie portal, which was linking to copyrighted movies. The German authorities believe that this guy was also an uploader of kino.to and had gained with his affiliaton a lot of money.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2012

So HTTP and streaming protocols are causing arrests and provider failures, not Tor...
    Didnt I tell you HTTP is dangerous and infringing ? Some ppl never listen...
    :P
    M

• tuxtux Member
    Dear tux,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
    favor.

We were able to recover $9.74 USD and this amount has been credited to you.
    Thanked by 1yomero