Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BreatHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BreatHost

tuxtux Member
edited February 2012 in General

My KVM VPS on BreatHost in Germany is still up, but I think they going down very soon because their website and client area is down (5 days and counting) and nobody doesn't update their twitter page. And their email address doesn't works because there aren't any MX records.

Comments

• http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/deadpool-june-2011/ looks like it was deadpool'd last year.

• @breton: Ah, I did not read the comments :)

• @Damian said: looks like it was deadpool'd last year.

LOL, and his KVM is still up =O!

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited February 2012

I almost bought one of their KVM plans, but their website was down went I clicked to order.
    DODGED A BULLET THERE.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited February 2012

@DotVPS Yeah, the redirect is what I meant. All their links is a crappy redirect to their Twitter. And ironically no new tweets since the redirect started.

You know that if they did it once, they might do it again. (Quoting their section on the deadpool post hah...)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

My KVM is still up. Their sties redirect to twitter yeah. They seem to have got DDoSed many times, but I have a feeling that they just need an excuse to go. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Nordic.

• I would like to say, this is old style scam that happen before last year. You should aware even your VPS still up. It's very repeated situation. Last year I have VPS with breathost (Kansas location) VPS working fine but client area not work and after that They are going to dead pool.

So please keep backup your data

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2012

I actually had an account on both their US Miami node and their KVM node in germany. I still have the German KVM. The german KVM has been pretty reliable, but it seems their host in US they use for their Miami nodes, website, solusvm, etc. are all down because their host has been arrested ( http://twitter.com/#!/breathost ) their website address actually redirects to their twitter at current which says this. After last months issues with the US Miami node, then a concurrent hack attempt on their base template after re-install, I never got around to using the vps again. After which I accidently forgot to pay it up, so it was suspended a few days back. Looks like that wasn't such a bad thing seeing as its down once again.

They are not the best host I have used, but at least they do tend to update twitter, they do (eventually) answer your support tickets, and I have had no major issues with the German KVM ( yet ). So before you start bashing them, lets see what they do to recover their US VPS business and give them a little breathing room before flaming them to death. I suspect all user will be credited for the downtime, like they did last time, so you should have no real reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Edit: (Update)
    Was doing a bit of poking around and realized that the Miami node vps ips are owned by John Young (Customer Mojohost VL716 JOHNYOUNG (C02737692) (Which I am assuming is the same John C. Young that owns IGSobe (Many people know this guy and his company as a scam). Hopefully the owner of Breathost is not in bed with this guy. This being said, it is no surprise this guy got arrest (I am assuming once again that they are hosting with igsobe, their traceroutes actually used to have a kazetech dns associated with it and if I recall they went through a bunch of crap trying to state that they were separate from kazetech. That being said, kazetech was defiantly using igsobe as I believe it was also owned in some way by John Young (Remember someone saying the payments for kazetech were going to an e-mail owned by John). (Most of this info can be found on WHT by search for igsobe or John Young)

In Short, if Breathost was hosting with IGSobe, that was their first mistake. It would not surprise me if John was the one arrested as there are many people out there very dis-satisfied with him and the way he does business. Sadly at some point several years ago, I had a dedicated with him for about a month, of which the server worked for about 10 days, needless to say I left after 1 month. Good luck to Breathost, my guess is they are going to have to quickly relocate their stuff if they are going to stay in business.

• @TheLinuxBug said: Remember someone saying the payments for kazetech were going to an e-mail owned by John

According my first payment (January) to BreatHost. There is also someone who known name John Young in their PayPal details. There are his name and maybe his email (hosting4u(at)yahoo.com) but this payment was going to support(at)breathost.com

BreatHost said: Our provider has been arrested. Details will be posted soon.

Interesting to say the least.

• Wow the VPS business really sounds thrilling.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • Their SolusVM says this: There seems to have been a slight problem with our database, please try again later.

PS. My VPS is still up in Germany

• @tux when you get such error try to clear cookies and login in the SolusVM again. Usually helps.

• @rds100 said: @tux when you get such error try to clear cookies and login in the SolusVM again. Usually helps.

Not at this time, their SolusVM seems down.

edited February 2012

@tux said: Not at this time, their SolusVM seems down.

I think they purposely did that. My KVM is still up..

• Where are the servers in o located? In
    case its interwerk/optimate server, its true that the provider got arrested.

• @HerrMaulwurf

If someone can provide with an IP maybe we can locate who their provider was.

Mojohost VL716 JOHNYOUNG NET-99-192-245-0-24 (NET-99-192-245-0-1) 99.192.245.0 - 99.192.245.255
    MOJOHOST EOS-17 (NET-99-192-128-0-1) 99.192.128.0 - 99.192.255.255

134.255.253.108 is my KVM's IP.

• case its interwerk/optimate server, its true that the provider got arrested.

URL?

• Ok,

So I went digging some more, this time through some support e-mails and such. I realized after my previous post something that should have been obvious to me, and about sharted in my pants. I do believe that BreatHost is Kazetech is IGSobe. In other words, I believe when they posted that the provider has been arrested he is talking about him self? Or did some how this guys up-link provider (who he is paying) actually get arrested. The weirdest thing is I sat here and mentioned that I had been swindled once before by John Young, and here I believe I am using his services once again. I have also noticed that no one from Breathost has actually replied or addressed this forum in any manner...

What actually tipped me off is reviewing some of my support tickets from BreatHost, I noticed that the support tickets were being answered by a "John" and were also being signed with "Kazetech Support" at the bottom. What makes this even more weird is I SWEAR I have read some posts about BreatHost swearing up and down that they have no affiliation with Kazetech and that it was actually sold to another guy? Even if this was the case, then why is John replying to support tickets. Sigh Maybe some of the earlier posters to this discussion are right, maybe its another runner by John Young and we are just waiting for the German server rental/lease agreement to end and then we will see them off into the wild blue yonder. I sure hope you guys didn't pay yearly with this company... as I cant say I see them surviving much longer at this rate.

Its now been 2 days since their last Twitter post saying that all the "Data is save" and that they were going to post further updates. Still no website, Solusvm or WHMCS to be seen. That being said there is no support, no billing and even those with a German KVM have no access to their control panel.

If it stays like this I surely will not be renewing my KVM vps next month. Though if BreatHost is another John Young production I may be on my way out regardless.

• Hi again, I checked the IP 134.255.253.108. This UP belongs to the RIPE net of Interwerk. The owner of this DC got arrested because it seems that he was a hosting provider of the recently closed streaming platform kino.to.

I think your data is safe. Interwerk is not a small DC and has quite a few relatively big Colo customers. I am white that they have an emergency plan in case the owner is not possible to operate directly.

Best regards
    HerrMaulwurf

• One addition: you should have daily backups, nobody telltale knows what will happen with this provider.

• People call me crazy for doing incremental backups every 30 min, but when a host/raid array/node fails or the dc burns down I loose less than 30 min worth of data.

• @HerrMaulwurf said: I think your data is safe. Interwerk is not a small DC and has quite a few relatively big Colo customers. I am white that they have an emergency plan in case the owner is not possible to operate directly.

I think otherwise because if BreatHost go to deadpool, your data isn't safe.

• sturdyvpssturdyvps Member
    edited February 2012

Here is the info from a WHOIS for the IP 134.255.253.108. Also for any current customers there is a phone number included that you could try.

inetnum: 134.255.253.64 - 134.255.253.127
    netname: DE-breathost-01
    descr: breathost services
    admin-c: SG9339-RIPE
    tech-c: SG9339-RIPE
    mnt-by: IWERK-MNT
    source: RIPE # Filtered

person: Sebastian Goehring
    address: Maienweg 3
    address: 89081 Ulm
    address: Germany
    phone: +49-731-14116757
    e-mail:
    nic-hdl: SG9339-RIPE

route: 134.255.252.0/22
    descr: IP Routing via interwerk.de
    origin: AS197071

• Are there any chance for them to come back or at least to give the data?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@retry said: Are there any chance for them to come back or at least to give the data?

Nope, but given their past they'll gladly return from the dead for the umpteenth time and will gladly sell you another plan again.

:(

Francisco

• @Francisco Thats sad actually that they will do this :(

I suppose there's only one advice i can give to everyone and that is to KEEP BACKUPS.
    Meanwhile are there any other clients of Breathost here? I want to see how many clients there are to see whether i can devise a data-rescue plan.