Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Received email regarding Resource exceeded. How to optimize WP more? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Received email regarding Resource exceeded. How to optimize WP more?

2»

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2018

Move to another host that is not so nazi with the limits and allows normal medium-heavy websites. Your current host sounds like a nightmare.

Tagging @Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

2MB/sec is default on Cloudlinux and is pretty easy to hit.

Ask your host to bring it up, or as @stefeman said, come on over.

Francisco

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited July 2018

@lonea said:
    2MB/s isn't low by any means for shared hosting. At the end of the day, on a shared server you are expected to sell many accounts.

If 50 accounts max out their 2MB. That's already 100MB. A company could barely break even at 50 accounts per server.

Knowing this is LET, the OP is probably paying $12 / year.

Yea if you are still using the old liquid state drive while some "better (more expensive)" provider had already been using solid state drive for a long while.

Even then, suppose every and each customer is reaching the limit at the same time (wow!), 100MB/s is still far away from the bottleneck considering most providers also use RAID (wow surprise, right?)

So TL;DR, if the company doesn't want to use SSD, doesn't want to use RAID, and is using an ancient HDD that can only RW at 100MB/s, and every and each customer spikes at the same time, then it's reasonable to limit at 2MB/s. I hope your company doesn't do business like this, right?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

kkrajk said: define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', 'true');

This advice sucks, as it will prevent correct functioning of WordPress.

• @Intelpentium0 have you got a backup plugin running?

• @kkrajk said:
    wp-config.php

define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', 'true');

disable gravatar..

cloudflare your site

Should also mention to configure cron to run wp-cron.php manually.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Maybe if you understood what I said, your TLDR may make sense.

__> @msg7086 said:

@lonea said:
    2MB/s isn't low by any means for shared hosting. At the end of the day, on a shared server you are expected to sell many accounts.

If 50 accounts max out their 2MB. That's already 100MB. A company could barely break even at 50 accounts per server.

Knowing this is LET, the OP is probably paying $12 / year.

Yea if you are still using the old liquid state drive while some "better (more expensive)" provider had already been using solid state drive for a long while.

Even then, suppose every and each customer is reaching the limit at the same time (wow!), 100MB/s is still far away from the bottleneck considering most providers also use RAID (wow surprise, right?)

So TL;DR, if the company doesn't want to use SSD, doesn't want to use RAID, and is using an ancient HDD that can only RW at 100MB/s, and every and each customer spikes at the same time, then it's reasonable to limit at 2MB/s. I hope your company doesn't do business like this, right?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Intelpentium0 said: Looking for ways to reduce resource usage in the shared hosting.

Go static

• @LeonDynamic said:
    @Intelpentium0 have you got a backup plugin running?

No. I removed it already. Now I am taking backup from Softaculous.

• Was it running at the time you got usage email? They can eat away at IO very easily.

If you are happy with current host I would in the first instance speak to them regarding IO limit. If they won’t budge or you are not happy just look for another shared host with a higher IO limit.

• Just check if there are unusual number for comments coming in. Disable comments for now. Apply some security plugin on comments