Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Received email regarding Resource exceeded. How to optimize WP more?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Received email regarding Resource exceeded. How to optimize WP more?

_Dear Customer,

Your website's web hosting account exceeded one or more of its resources within the last 12 hours.
You reached limit of 2000.0KB/s disk io rate 1 times. The disk io speed for your account was slowed as a result of this problem._

My Wordpress website is using WP Supercache (advanced settings).

Looking for ways to reduce resource usage in the shared hosting.

Please advise.

Comments

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Disable all plugins then enable one by one and see which is the offending plugin

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited July 2018

@lonea said:
    Disable all plugins then enable one by one and see which is the offending plugin

And if you need the plugin, it sounds like you may have outgrown normal "web hosting" and need a VPS/dedi. This is both good and bad news. Good meaning you have good user base that attends. Bad depends on the cost you pay now as a VPS could cost more or less.

• ArisCArisC Member

Are you using Wordfence?

• YuraYura Member

Unistall WordPress.

Thanked by 1sithrebel15
  • @ArisC said:
    Are you using Wordfence?

No. But Iam using Stopspammers plugin.

• ArisCArisC Member

@Yura said:
    Unistall WordPress.

and install what? lol

• ArisCArisC Member

@Intelpentium0 said:

@ArisC said:
    Are you using Wordfence?

No. But Iam using Stopspammers plugin.

Could you tell us what plugins you are using?

• For the time being, I am safe. Support staff responded
    "Some emails were auto generated by that server during an update a little while ago."

• YuraYura Member

@ArisC said:

@Yura said:
    Unistall WordPress.

and install what? lol

My choice would be to use a static site generator and host static files anywhere, fast and possibly for free. We dont know OP's use case but if it's a blog with comments, that works very well and no security or performance headache of Wordpress. If needs are more custom then a proper backend framework or CMS.

• Wordfence does a scan on Wordpress installs that may trip that limit.

• Protect your xml-rpc and wp-login.php.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Move host, 2MB/s IO limit exceeded, once and they warn you about it? who is the host?

• DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited July 2018

@Intelpentium0 said:
    _Dear Customer,

Your website's web hosting account exceeded one or more of its resources within the last 12 hours.
    You reached limit of 2000.0KB/s disk io rate 1 times. The disk io speed for your account was slowed as a result of this problem._

My Wordpress website is using WP Supercache (advanced settings).

Looking for ways to reduce resource usage in the shared hosting.

Please advise.

My first instinct would be to move to a VPS. Look around LET, you'll find great deal that could be cheaper than what you're paying on your shared host now.

• @Adam1 said:
    Move host, 2MB/s IO limit exceeded, once and they warn you about it? who is the host?

Not necessarily any need for VPS if only hit IO once and within all other limits. I agree about moving hosts though. 2MB/s is low, there are providers with 5/10/15 on shared hosting out there.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Check out Ramnode or Hostmantis. Both have higher limits.

• What kind or shared hosting is this? Overusage at 2 MB/s? Yeesh.

• 2MB/s soft limit sounds a bit low. If it's a cheap web hosting service it might be reasonable for the buck. If you need more performance you can move to a better (more expensive) plan or even provider. Eg. a dedicated server with an SSD drive can easily handle 200x the amount of disk I/O they limited you on, but might cost 200x much as well.

• @msg7086 said:
    2MB/s soft limit sounds a bit low. If it's a cheap web hosting service it might be reasonable for the buck. If you need more performance you can move to a better (more expensive) plan or even provider. Eg. a dedicated server with an SSD drive can easily handle 200x the amount of disk I/O they limited you on, but might cost 200x much as well.

VPS will do, no need for dedi

• @Ympker said:
    Check out Ramnode or Hostmantis. Both have higher limits.

Its already with HM

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited July 2018

https://my.hostmantis.com/knowledgebase/260/System-Resource-Limits.html lol

They sell "reseller" packages with 1MB/s IO limit, can you imagine?

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
    edited July 2018

This is what Iam getting

Current Usage Description Usage Limit Fault

CPU Usage 0.0% 100% 0

I/O Usage 0.0 KB/s 2000.0 KB/s 0

IOPS 0 1024 0

Entry Processes 0 30 0

Number of Processes 0 100 0

Physical Memory Usage 0.00k 3.00G 0

Copied from my cpanl

• Adam1Adam1 Member

I woudnt worry about it, it was probably google or bing or some other bot indexing your site aggresively for a minute.

2MB/s isn't low by any means for shared hosting. At the end of the day, on a shared server you are expected to sell many accounts.

If 50 accounts max out their 2MB. That's already 100MB. A company could barely break even at 50 accounts per server.

Knowing this is LET, the OP is probably paying $12 / year.

@msg7086 said:
    2MB/s soft limit sounds a bit low. If it's a cheap web hosting service it might be reasonable for the buck. If you need more performance you can move to a better (more expensive) plan or even provider. Eg. a dedicated server with an SSD drive can easily handle 200x the amount of disk I/O they limited you on, but might cost 200x much as well.

• Only 2 accounts are crossing such limits. So chance to break 100MB is almost nil..

• FalzoFalzo Member

@lonea said:
    2MB/s isn't low by any means for shared hosting. At the end of the day, on a shared server you are expected to sell many accounts.

If 50 accounts max out their 2MB. That's already 100MB. A company could barely break even at 50 accounts per server.

Knowing this is LET, the OP is probably paying $12 / year.

@msg7086 said:

this is BS. while an IO limit on continued usage or when overusage occurs for an extended timespan might perfectly make sense, you'll just hinder yourself by not allowing decent bursts to what is available.

balancing ressources is not simply dividing them by number of customers. also a customer of shared hosting can't do nothing about it anyway other then watch, so what are the warnings good for? so from a providers point of view either limit to whatever and give bad performance or deal with it in a proper way by balancing your nodes better.

don't use providers that try such crap.

Thanked by 1Yura
    edited July 2018

What is BS about it?

Your idea may work if there is a limited account. We are talking shared hosting server here. It isn't just one account that bursts. And when multiple account bursts, that's how a system crash.

What you are talking about will work in an ideal world... Quite frankly we don't live in such world where crawl bots don't exist...

Falzo said: this is BS. while an IO limit on continued usage or when overusage occurs for an extended timespan might perfectly make sense, you'll just hinder yourself by not allowing decent bursts to what is available.

• lazytlazyt Member

I've had bing bots throw a site way above that level.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

lazyt said: I've had bing bots throw a site way above that level.

bing is quite aggressive but they do support the crawl-delay directive in robots.txt at least

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

wp-config.php

define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', 'true');

disable gravatar..

cloudflare your site

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Block wp-admin, wp-login, direct access.

Use lightweight Them, Display only 1 or 2 post on front page.