Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT] - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT]

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: You made the mistake of trying to remain neutral in a playpen of 1000 different opinions.

Whats more, you do it for free as a volunteer... as such you deserve zero common decency, respect or slack.

So you think you get any of that if you were paid? Not rocking the boat here but lets be honest, there is not one moderator/admin on LET today that can say they didn't know what they were signing up for, you in particular as you have experienced it previously.

It's a largely thankless task I know that but still, being a volunteer admin/moderator here is a choice and you shouldn't expect anything in threads like this.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • FoulFoul Member

MikeA said: what is the invoice for though?

Just the monthly service bill, lol.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Lee said:

AnthonySmith said: You made the mistake of trying to remain neutral in a playpen of 1000 different opinions.

Whats more, you do it for free as a volunteer... as such you deserve zero common decency, respect or slack.

So you think you get any of that if you were paid? Not rocking the boat here but lets be honest, there is not one moderator/admin on LET today that can say they didn't know what they were signing up for, you in particular as you have experienced it previously.

It's a largely thankless task I know that but still, being a volunteer admin/moderator here is a choice and you shouldn't expect anything in threads like this.

Let's be nice humans and give the guy his thanks. He obviously needs (asks) them for raising morale and for trying to become better with less mistakes in future.

The community must get over this.

Personally, I don't want to see this forum destroyed by corruption and lack of forgiveness. I love servers, but I like to think that I have the power to remain flexible, and not become some cheap and predictable computer myself.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@default said:

Personally, I don't want to see this forum destroyed by corruption

Corruption.

You are HILARIOUS.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Lee said: So you think you get any of that if you were paid?

Well probably not however if it was a paid role and the owners were still involved to any degree there might be a bit more direction, aims, goals etc to drive the site up in terms of revenue and numbers.

Maarten was the last paid admin iirc and numbers have more than halved in almost every aspect since he stepped down so from a business perspective paid staff works and your a bit more willing to take some shit (Maarten sure did) when you know there is some reward.

Perhaps a better way to put this would be for me to say that with essentially absentee owners and people like the current volunteer staff just running things in their spare time, there is no real motivation to rock the boat or take much crap from people.

Basically what I am trying to convey is that no one is discussing hiding shit for some underhanded reason, the staff don't communicate as much as people probably think we do we all know what we are doing (to some degree) and make autonomous decisions, some will be wrong but it would be better to open a ticket or PM me or another admin if you disagree with the decision than start a big accusative thread.

If people don't like that, tough shit really, they know where the door is :)

edit: just to add for clarity, if it was a paid role I would not be doing it.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

AnthonySmith said: Basically what I am trying to convey is that no one is discussing hiding shit for some underhanded reason, the staff don't communicate as much as people probably think we do we all know what we are doing (to some degree) and make autonomous decisions, some will be wrong but it would be better to open a ticket or PM me or another admin if you disagree with the decision than start a big accusative thread.

Wish to add. We do open a thread in staff section if someone did something to someone or to a thread, if it is something important. To inform admin and other mods the reason behind the action.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Can you imagine how boring it'd be if there was no corruption or wrongdoings?

And, if it was a paid position, I'd do it only if the wage is more than 55 bucks per hour.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

AnthonySmith said: Maarten was the last paid admin iirc and numbers have more than halved in almost every aspect since he stepped down so from a business perspective paid staff works and your a bit more willing to take some shit (Maarten sure did) when you know there is some reward.

As far as I know talking to him privately back then, it's a stressful job

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

Lee said: It's a largely thankless task I know that but still, being a volunteer admin/moderator here is a choice and you shouldn't expect anything in threads like this.

I'm enjoying moderating. I'd never done it before and it's an interesting new experience that I'm learning things from. It might get tiresome after a while but for now I'm cool with it. @Kris says I'm full of shit as a mod (because of that thread presumably), I think I did ok in it, I'm open to specific criticism but otherwise shrug.

Meanwhile I don't see anything like corruption going on. Does anyone seriously think we should have let that person hijack our forum to propagate his venom? Anthony had to remove the thread because he said he would unless documentation was forthcoming, and the OP came back and doubled down. At most we should have restored it a little more quickly after Kris opened this thread.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2018

willie said: Meanwhile I don't see anything like corruption going on.

Yes no corruption, but each of us have their own bias opinion. It's human nature.

I am a bit biased towards my favorite providers. SpeedyKVM is one of them :) I recommend them to my physical friends who needs home for their app/website

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

There is a value to running this place that isn't financial (from the owners) or in being corrupt (bribes). Admins/mods will be humans and they will have their own opinions and preferences, even biases, just like every member of the community will have the same (being wildly incapable of self reflection does not mean one is not biased).

The value it brought me was this: I maintained a large community with significant relevance to my industry. Volunteer roles can have a positive career impact.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2018

I have some experience both with running communities myself and with being a mod. Frankly, it always turns me off when I read stories about unpaid mod/admin heroes like here.

Being a mod or admin IS REWARDING in one way or another. If it were not, nobody would do it for free. Simple as that.

Yes, mods and admins DO take work and stress upon themselves and they should be valued for that and be appreciated. But no, they are not saints and at least based on my experience (incl. myself) they are as flawed, biased, etc. as any other human (but it's usually a lot harder to get them to confess their errors).

My other point is

@Kris

I personally tend to believe your SpeedyKVM story. But like every other community LET has rules and the LET rules demand proper evidence if one wants to accuse a provider. One may or may not like that rule but it's the rule and it's not unreasonable.

Frankly, I found the LET teams handling of your accusation quite generous and easy going. They even tolerate this follow up thread in which you (again) run personal attacks (in my eyes anyway) on some mods. Even if (and I don't say that's the case) @willie reacted in a questionable way that would neither equate to bad intentions nor to taking a providers side. From what I see you have crossed a border.

Plus it's certainly not LET team's fault that you deleted or made unavailable evidence. Just take screenshots BEFORE deleting your account the next time. Not having done that is the REAL core of this case.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2018

jsg said: Even if (and I don't say that's the case) @willie reacted in a questionable way

A little note to that point: The day @willie is bribed into anything (which is the only real corruption case IMO) is the day @willie exposes someone for trying to buy his affection. He may make mistakes (whether in trusting someone's word on something or simply making an error), but he protects no one in service of anything other than what he sees as truth at that particular moment.

I'll give $1000 to anyone who proves otherwise.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

jsg said:

Plus it's certainly not LET team's fault that you deleted

I don't think Kris and aag are the same person. Or at least I hope they're not.

jarland said: whether in trusting someone's word on something

If you mean that PM info that I forwarded, I don't think I trusted or distrusted the person. I probably could have been more clear though, since the post confused people in a way I didn't expect.

jsg said: LET rules demand proper evidence if one wants to accuse a provider.

Beyond that I think one has to keep it reasonably factual, and I don't think aag was interested in doing that. He was fixated on stuffing the post with terms like "scam" and getting it into search engines. So I had to say NYPA (not your personal army), more or less.

edited July 2018

No, they are not the same person.

Kris has an IQ of 3 digits. Aag has a single digit.

P.S. My IQ is in 2 digits.

• YuraYura Member

@deank said:
    No, they are not the same person.

Kris has an IQ of 3 digits. Aag has a single digit.

P.S. My IQ is in 2 digits.

LowEndMensa

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jarland said:

jsg said: Even if (and I don't say that's the case) @willie reacted in a questionable way

A little note to that point: The day @willie is bribed into anything (which is the only real corruption case IMO)

Corruption seems so weird an accusation that I didn't even consider or pick up on that.

@willie said:

jsg said:

Plus it's certainly not LET team's fault that you deleted

I don't think Kris and aag are the same person. Or at least I hope they're not.

Apologies, my fault. It should be "... that aag deleted ..." but still @Kris is heavily involved and it seems reasonable to assume that he hasn't any more evidence than @aag.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Kris said:

jcaleb said: Corrupt? But I like you used the word "Looks like", it gives you the allowance that you are not directly accusing anyone.

Looks like willie was full of shit as a moderator, and you kids have slowly ran this place into the ground.

jcaleb said: Sometimes, I think it is good idea if all current moderators step down all at the same time. Then let these people whose mind are full of accusations run LET.

The people who run LET are in a perfect position now. They hang around 24/7, call members 'tin foil hats' because we question your odd actions on a handful of providers. You couldn't get anyone sane to run this for a volunteer basis.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. We don't expect you to be good at your job, but don't try and hide shit under the rug and act like little children when you're called out on it.

FWIW AnthonySmith is the best mod this place has had in a good long while.

Wow. You sure are good at bending things.

Thanked by 2Clouvider limited
  • acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited July 2018

IMHO thread should have been closed not deleted.

Let folks make the decision if OP is full of shit, based on his facts presented. I have seen way worse accusations made here that were just closed not deleted. Community here seems to sniff out a rat if there is one.

Moderators do an excellent job here... this is not a complaint just expressing my opinion for whats its worth.

EDIT... Just noticed original thread was reinstated and closed....Good call

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Just wanted to throw this out there - if anyone has any issues with an action taken (or not taken), sees something questionable, has some suggestions to make the community better, anything at all -- don't be afraid to open a ticket on our helpdesk or PM one of us.

You may not get an answer right away or the answer may not be what you want to hear, but we will read all of your questions/concerns, discuss the issue amongst all staff (where appropriate), and more importantly provide some insight from our perspective on why that action was made. We're all human and we all make mistakes. But ultimately, we're all here because we like this community and want to keep getting cheap deals just like you guys.

Like others have said, the LET staff volunteer their time to make this community a nice place to hang out. Can you question our actions? Sure, by all means! Can you disagree with us and debate? Absolutely. But going as far as insinuating that some of us have some hidden political agenda or are corrupt is pretty batshit crazy and shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion. I personally love this place and all the members in it and would hate to see it become an 'us vs. them' environment.

Thanked by 3vimalware Ympker Kris
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2018

I think most can agree that Incero as a company are bellends given their most recent actions towards LET which I still say was driven by their loss of @Jarland to control any negativity towards them here when he stepped down. Not that it changes my view of Jarland or the way he ran this forum which was the best he could.

Nobody in the current admin/mod setup that I see has any interest in Incero that they would do something underhanded.

I never had any problems with admins or mods at LET FYI.

I am just glad that they haven't banned me, yet.

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: I am just glad that they haven't banned me, yet.

It's coming.

The end is always nigh.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

I've recently approached a team member with a certain different) issue and was very happy with how it was dealt with. Not to say I wasn't surprised with the thread deletion but at the end of the day we are all human and I think for what it's worth the staff is handling things fairly well.

Kind regards,
    Ympker

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So tempted to hide this thread for funzies.

Do it, for the dark side.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

Let it go dark.

• lazytlazyt Member

The Dark side has biscuits!

• jcalebjcaleb Member

The last time something truly bad happened to this place is when someone deleted tons of comments deliberately