Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with selecting an archive storage provider (C14, AWS Glacier, B2) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with selecting an archive storage provider (C14, AWS Glacier, B2)

2»

Comments

• williewillie Member

simonindia said:

Just trying to get a reliable, cheap, long term storage. No requirement for S3 just SFTP would work. or FTPS.

In that case C14 might be ok for you. I wouldn't get too excited about the underground vault thing though. It's still a single location and for real reliability you need multiple locations. I'd also consider the automatic monthly billing (with no alternative) to be a shortcoming, as mentioned further up.

Thanked by 2simonindia vimalware
  • @willie you use C14 how is the process to change the storage from intensive to standard

• williewillie Member

simonindia said: @willie you use C14 how is the process to change the storage from intensive to standard

I don't know if there's a way to do that, short of creating a new standard archive and uploading the data to it again. For a few hundred GB that isn't a big deal though. If you have 100's of TB then open a ticket I guess.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • Guys Created a account at C14 for now going with standard with my personal data but will use intensive with another account for my business files. I thank all of you guys spending your valuable time with me for this. Thank you guys

@bjo
    @Jorge
    @karatekidmonkey
    @MikeA
    @mtsbatalha
    @pullangcubo
    @seanho
    @simonindia
    @szarka
    @tomle
    @vimalware
    @WebProject
    @willie
    @Ympker
    @Zerpy

@bjo said:
    An alternative to Hetzners Storage Box is also https://www.rsync.net/products/attic.html

Thank you for this missed this gem. One my clients forwarded to me couple years ago but didn't needed them then. But now thinking about placing a client who require HIPPA certified space for backup.