Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which vps providers allow 100% cpu usage? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which vps providers allow 100% cpu usage?

2»

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ska - Sure, but people are required to read the TOS/AUP which is very clear about CPU usage. I will consider changing that text though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Amazon AWS, Google virtual machines, Azure VMs.

I've run AWS and Azure VMs at 100% CPU utilization for days.

• Can someone confirm that BlueVM allows 100% cpu usage?

@jcaleb said:
    maybe bluevm quarter or half server can help. i think cores can be divided equally, not sure, havent tried it

• I have an Xeon e3 1240 server. Shows 8 cores (hyperthreaded). There's barely any load, around 0.3 to 0.4 throughout the day. What do you guys think will happen if I allot one core to a user (OpenVZ), and he uses it 100%? Will it crash?

• @philipharris - We allow up to 150% CPU usage on our KVM2 and above plans. Which means you can max out the first core and use 50% of the second core or 75% of each core simultaneously, etc...

• peaveypeavey Member
    edited December 2013

most of them don't , but I have been running VPS with webserver doing boinc projects during idle time for a year and even mining test for a week on solarVPS provider and they probably just throttle it, because no threads were harmed as on other providers - where pocesses got killed - what if your server gets overloaded and they just kill it shortly after ?. I think most of the admins are pussies as they cannot setup it properly and just throttle the virtual cpus and share the load properly :-)

note: however the machine there is nothing special, pings are slow, response is bad, a few spurious restarts over the year

• @Drserver
    They allow you to use the cpu (core) 24/7 at 100%

• MassNodesMassNodes Member
    edited December 2013

I got a few people who use 100% of their CPU on my VPS. I don't make much of a bother about it because we have a lot of extra resources. One guys is using 400% cpu.

• OstCollectorOstCollector Member
    edited December 2013

Not familiar with KVM, but does this condition:

Cpu(s): 28.6%us, 42.9%sy, 0.0%ni, 0.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 28.6%si, 0.0%st (2/7.. 3/7.. 2/7)

Cpu(s): 33.3%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 0.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 66.7%si, 0.0%st (1/7.. 2/7)

Cpu(s): 20.0%us, 20.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 0.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 60.0%si, 0.0%st (1/5.. 1/5.. 3/5)

mean my box really eats all CPU?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Our abusivecores.com is right choice if you wish 100% cpu at low price

• letaotorletaotor Member
    edited December 2013

I selected plan#1 @ AbusiveCores,but it give me a SugarVPS SuperSpecial Plan

@drserver said:
    Our abusivecores.com is right choice if you wish 100% cpu at low price

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

@letaotor Hi, we have sold out all AC plans

I can put you on preorder if you wish ?

• @drserver ok, put me on preorder