Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET is hosted on whaaaaat? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET is hosted on whaaaaat?

2»

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited October 2013

@Jono20201 said:
    I honestly don't understand why people have so much hate for CC, except for the lack of IPv6 currently.. but generally speaking IPv6 isn't needed for the majority of our business as most gameservers don't allow it.

It could be very different from person to person but my own opinions of ColoCrossing isn't from the service they provide, it's their values (or lack thereof).

I previously had services with ColoCrossing and their sub-brands. I will admit the services weren't bad (for what i was paying) and my needs were getting met.

But I hear so many shady practices that ColoCrossing participates in and from the information presented (e.g. ColoCrossing owned LEB/LET for a year or so but constantly denied it until they got hacked. I don't know about the community but they lost my trust. Once you're known to be a liar then anything else you state can be seen as a lie (even if they're verifiable truth)) that I just can't trust them. It's part of Risk Management and to minimize my risk of possibly seeing something even worse (and being lied to) I decided it was in my best interest to cut my services with companies that work with ColoCrossing. This included cancelling services with BuyVM (I stopped using their East coast servers), BlueVM (I still have one service but before that I had tons), etc. I'm a guy who values hard work and the truth, not lies and redirection of blame.

I see it more as a partnership between the client and the provider. My success means more funding to you (and even referring friends to you), but I expect a certain level of respect and truth. Lying obviously means lack of respect for you and the lack of truth just makes your life much more difficult. If your son/daughter/kid breaks someone's window you want him/her/it to tell you right away so you can find a way to fix the problem. You don't want to be blind sighted by your neighbor walking up to your door.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@HalfEatenPie We could have handled the ownership transition and announcement better no doubt. We're not perfect and we learn from our mistakes. The internal strategy was to not touch anything and allow Chief to keep running it but when he disappeared with a bag of money that strategy began falling apart.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    HalfEatenPie We could have handled the ownership transition and announcement better no doubt. We're not perfect and we learn from our mistakes. The internal strategy was to not touch anything and allow Chief to keep running it but when he disappeared with a bag of money that strategy began falling apart.

That RIGHT THERE. That is an example of communication from you that this forum needs more of.

• @jarland said:
    That RIGHT THERE. That is an example of communication from you that this forum needs more of.

Jarland and Jon sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Thanked by 2mpkossen jake
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Give me that love baby! :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Should probably just close this now :)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited October 2013

@jbiloh said:
    HalfEatenPie We could have handled the ownership transition and announcement better no doubt. We're not perfect and we learn from our mistakes. The internal strategy was to not touch anything and allow Chief to keep running it but when he disappeared with a bag of money that strategy began falling apart.

Ehh, I personally believe that your initial strategy was at fault to begin with, but what's done is done and people do mess up. It's just making sure you don't make the same mistake in the future, but from what I can tell the same mistakes are still happening (I categorize censorship similar to this because it's depriving the end-user (the community members) of the proper information/full picture... lack of transparency per se). Anyways thanks for that explanation it's much appreciated. You already probably know this but the less information you give the more room people have to speculate.

Anyways I think my time on LET is up (for now, especially since the other thread got closed). Have fun kids!

• I'm going to take that piece of advice from @AnthonySmith, close this thread and mentally prepare myself for that group hug...

Thanked by 2DeletedUser jimpop
This discussion has been closed.