Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET is hosted on whaaaaat?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET is hosted on whaaaaat?

user689user689 Member
edited October 2013 in General

These images will be removed as Colocrossing is ashamed of what they are doing - this will not stop the inevitable downfall of lowendtalk. Censorship will not get this community anywhere. The lies, the deletion of material will cause a backlash from the community - you will watch as your castle burns.

http://image.bayimg.com/dce1837f31d4bf0e49a12f35dcd0d9795451b3e3.jpg
http://image.bayimg.com/fbd77a7eba96295bb296023ac63b5cdfc0699058.jpg
http://image.bayimg.com/ad0f53445752029bdf15c622ca74eb26232ddcad.jpg

Try DDOSing this one guys. Try DMCA'ing this one. Nope.

Thank you.

Comments

• 403?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Welcome to LET :)

• These images will be removed

Yes, but it looks like that happened without SysAdmin or jbiloh lifting a finger..

edited October 2013

I presume they are probably the pictures of our old legacy SJC rack with EGI. Both the rack itself and the fact the pictures exist are ugly -- but its being fixed.

I'm sure everyone who has wanted to see them, has by now.

• @user689 said:
    The lies, the deletion of material will cause a backlash from the community - you will watch as your castle burns.

Sounds like a line from V for Vendetta.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The only competitor allowed here is competition that keeps people coming back here for ad revenue. Biloh custom built a user group that applied a filter to remove links to other forums for people he doesn't like, then called it simple a "cluster error."

• #edgy

you're such a rebel OP

@skybucks100 said:
    Sounds like a line from V for Vendetta.

Serious stuff!!!!

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited October 2013

Banned the OP because he's an obvious spammer :-) His username and maildrop e-mail address make me wonder how he even got through the applicants queue.

@mpkossen said:
    Banned the OP because he's an obvious spammer :-) His username and maildrop e-mail address make me wonder how he even got through the applicants queue.

Still says member. Cluster error?

Thanked by 2lbft Ruchirablog
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Member too here...

• 403 Error.

Please repost pics.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • For me user689 does have the red banned pic.
    So just a low latency.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I wanna see the pics too.

I'm sure it was the pictures of the poorly cabled rack. Not really that interesting.

• @jarland said:
    Still says member. Cluster error?

Yes.

• Guys, the 403 is just based on the Referer header. Just copy / paste the URL and you'll be able to see. Nothing exciting other than a mess of cables. I'm sure we've all seen this at some point or another.

• Which CC DC were these snapped at what a train wreck of a company.

• skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited October 2013

I'll save everyone the time, here's the pictures:

Pictures removed.

(Ahaha, how ironic.. My server (hosted with Colocrossing) is having issues. Conspiracy alert!)

• One of mine also had issues today.. Couple hours of downtime, by the looks of those images it doesn't surprise me at all.

• @ATHK said:
    One of mine also had issues today.. Couple hours of downtime, by the looks of those images it doesn't surprise me at all.

Someone tripped on a cable..

• I got this fantastic excuse.

Hello,

The server is back online and the issue was due to temporary power failure. That has been taken care at the moment and if you still face any issues kindly revert back.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• I just can't imagine how hard it would be to diagnose a failure quickly with all that - I assume thats why there are random ethernet cables hanging about - easier to let it hang then try to un-tangle it.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited October 2013

Oh my lord, that is a mess!

No wonder they have been deleting those images.

• LeeLee Veteran

To be honest though, I have seen worse (much worse), this is actually quite neat by comparison. And what's more, by far the majority of providers are renting and have never seen their own hardware, how it's racked or anything else so yes, whilst it's easy to pop a shot of at CC because of a few pictures it's by no means a rare state for a rack.

Thanked by 2seriesn marrco
  • @Dorkfiles said:
    Which CC DC were these snapped at what a train wreck of a company.

It's an EIG-managed rack and they've apologized to CC for having made such a mess out of it.

• Hi all, As some one new to all of this - I'm utterly lost :<
    Is colocrossing a bad thing to be hosted on? I'm not sure about the Jbiloh thing either, does he/they not allow competition who is not on Colocrossing? Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself. I hope all is well though!

• When I took over an IT department for a fortune 500 company I inherited a few racks that looked like that. It dorve me nuts and took about 4 years of redoing all the patch cables before I got the rack to how I wanted it. Mind you, I couldn't take down entire switches at anytime to do this quickly, it was a one at a time as I had time type of thing. It is easy for a rack to get to this point, especially when techs are overworked and make quick repairs. But, it still is unexcusable in my opinion ... But, i'm a little particular with my cable management.

• @weej said:
    Hi all, As some one new to all of this - I'm utterly lost :<
    Is colocrossing a bad thing to be hosted on? I'm not sure about the Jbiloh thing either, does he/they not allow competition who is not on Colocrossing? Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself. I hope all is well though!

Most people here dislike ColoCrossing as many people here think they are trying to run a monopoly with LEB/T. However, as a customer of ColoCrossing for the last 2-ish years with a fairly large collection of Dedicated servers with them I have no real complaints. They generally provide a very good service, with good uptime and support (except for Sundays, where they seem to have a longer delay on tickets I have found).

Jon Biloh is a very nice person to work with. He is always willing to help with whatever issues you maybe having even when you call him up on the phone over the weekend.

I honestly don't understand why people have so much hate for CC, except for the lack of IPv6 currently.. but generally speaking IPv6 isn't needed for the majority of our business as most gameservers don't allow it.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

ColoCrossing website said "Technical specifications of the ColoCrossing San Jose datacenter facility. "

The humorous thing about the pictures is that ColoCrossing falsely advertises that they have their own datacenters on their website and half of the SolusVM pushbutton hosts think ColoCrossing operates their own datacenters, but the reality is that ColoCrossing probably couldn't even find their own racks/cages in half the datacenters that they rent space in without asking directions and CC doesn't even have on-site staff in some locations like San Jose.

It's kind of sad when you don't even know what the cabling looks like on your rented racks before someone posts a picture of it...but what else would you expect from people who think Alexa is a reliable gauge of a site's traffic.

This discussion has been closed.