Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSlim down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSlim down

13»

Comments

• Everything is down again. The end is nigh .

• YuraYura Member

@raindog308 said:
    I've moved DCs with zero downtime. Not a single lost packet. Of course, we had both old and new at the same time and just moved VMs.

Now sure, that was a big enterpri$e...but I've I've also moved VMs from one DC to another on a lowendhost (@KuJoe). There was downtime, but it was on the order of minutes. And I could do it as often as I wanted.

Impressive CV. Now move boss's PC upstairs, pronto.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Seriously, it would take me 15 minutes to move my PC upstairs.

• Everything is up again. It seems their network had some issue. My node was up all the time actually...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

JerryHou said: Everything is up again. It seems their network had some issue. My node was up all the time actually...

your server was probably just put into a suspended state so it was never aware it was down.

• @AnthonySmith said:

JerryHou said: Everything is up again. It seems their network had some issue. My node was up all the time actually...

your server was probably just put into a suspended state so it was never aware it was down.

Just after my post, my node is down again... Hostslim, what is going on here...

JerryHou said: Just after my post, my node is down again... Hostslim, what is going on here...

I don't think they have a rep here?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

JerryHou said: Just after my post, my node is down again... Hostslim, what is going on here...

I don't think they have a rep here?

@VPSSLIM

Thanked by 1MasonR

ah ok, Last Active 4:09PM I wonder why they would chose to act like this and ignore everyone, pretty odd.

• @AnthonySmith said:

ah ok, Last Active 4:09PM I wonder why they would chose to act like this and ignore everyone, pretty odd.

maybe because its an easy way out ?

• AnthonySmith said: ah ok, Last Active 4:09PM I wonder why they would chose to act like this and ignore everyone, pretty odd.

They're only here to advertise with the same template over and over again.

somewhatwindy said: They're only here to advertise with the same template over and over again.

fixed.

• Hallelujah. They kept their own site up long enough so I could cancel.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Dear All,

We came across this post and there was no official statement made here yet, I am ver sorry for that. We have sent the FULL RFO 2 weeks ago to all our clients. If you have not received it yet, or still have questions - be sure to open a ticket under your client account and we would be more than eager to help you and inform you.

We thank all our customers for their patience and understanding during this time. We are more than aware that this took much longer than was expected and will do everything to safeguard your trust in us in the future.

There was communication prior to the migration but I do agree that we could've been very much more informative within the migration as well as before the migration. We were able to reach most of our clients via the Social Media channels but unfortunately not everyone. We clearly failed to inform everybody good enough and took our lessons from this. We have discussed this with the team and made a plan for future communication to our clients. Rest assured that we take all our clients very serious regardless of what service they're having with us.

Again, if you have any more questions, please contact us via our ticket system or e-mail so we can provide you with a clear and thorough reply.

• somewhatwindysomewhatwindy Member
    edited July 2018

VPSSLIM said: Dear All,

We came across this post and there was no official statement made here yet, I am ver sorry for that. We have sent the FULL RFO 2 weeks ago to all our clients. If you have not received it yet, or still have questions - be sure to open a ticket under your client account and we would be more than eager to help you and inform you.

We thank all our customers for their patience and understanding during this time. We are more than aware that this took much longer than was expected and will do everything to safeguard your trust in us in the future.

There was communication prior to the migration but I do agree that we could've been very much more informative within the migration as well as before the migration. We were able to reach most of our clients via the Social Media channels but unfortunately not everyone. We clearly failed to inform everybody good enough and took our lessons from this. We have discussed this with the team and made a plan for future communication to our clients. Rest assured that we take all our clients very serious regardless of what service they're having with us.

Again, if you have any more questions, please contact us via our ticket system or e-mail so we can provide you with a clear and thorough reply.

Sincerely,

HostSlayer, VPSlices