Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSlim down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSlim down

Comments

• itenaitena Member

my services still offline :(

• ZappattaZappatta Member
    edited June 2018

EDIT: Nevermind.

• itenaitena Member

@HostSlim Management ports are up now. We expect all our VPS nodes and dedicated servers to be back online before 8PM today.

But 20:23 now and services still down

• Same here, company site, control panel, and node are all down...

• itenaitena Member

and no info about our data... Is it lost myabe?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

itena said: and no info about our data... Is it lost myabe?

I think you just need to move to another host and restore from your own backups, prepare for the worst hope for the best.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Reminds me of the ServerAxis unannounced Miami DC move, which in reality turned out to be the repo men taking back their hardware.

BusrtNet!

• itenaitena Member

it's up. 80 hours. unbelievable.

@itena said:

Honestly, it's more unbelievable that you have not already changed hosts, you could have restored from your own backups and been up and running again 75 hours ago.

• BitmapBitmap Member

@AnthonySmith said:

@itena said:

Honestly, it's more unbelievable that you have not already changed hosts, you could have restored from your own backups and been up and running again 75 hours ago.

Would help if they had a backup to restore from though, right – people will never learn, mate.

• It's still down from 13+ Hours :( Anyway to contact them?

• @AnthonySmith said:

itena said: and no info about our data... Is it lost myabe?

I think you just need to move to another host and restore from your own backups, prepare for the worst hope for the best.

Servers are down how can we do it??

yogeshzade said: Servers are down how can we do it??

Well if you don't have your own backup, you cannot.

Please consider this; it was your choice not to hold a a regular off site backup, it does not take a genius or experienced professional to know that through this choice that you made you yourself that you introduced a single point of failure.

Yes the host is not acting good, yes this situation is bad, but you cannot blame the host for your own lack of backups, this was your choice.

Take it as a learning experience and be thankful that you will never be in this situation again.

Jack said: If you need a storage VM to prevent this in the future I can do you a deal depending on the amount of storage you need :)

Sorry haha.

• The look by that bird is intense...

• It seems all are back to online again... But I'm kind of eager to see their Reason For Outrage mail...

• @AnthonySmith said:

Zappatta said: They claim to have given a notice a month in advance but I haven't heard anything.

you will be able to check in their billing portal when it is up, on the right hand side under 'Hello, name!' click Email History.

The email history did not contain any emails RE: downtime. But it seems it was cleared because I only saw the last month's invoice.

Clearly 80 hours downtime is in no way acceptable. I cancelled my service and will never ever do business with HostSlim or any other business related to them and their CEO.

Since my last charge by them was on the day of the outage, and since they (Epically) failed to provide the 99.9% uptime the guarantee, I have also issued a chargeback. That would be a small drop compared to the damages incurred to me by their negligence and lack of professionalism.

I understand that these kind of companies are operating on minimal margins. But if you can't make a profit honestly, close the company. Don't try to make turn a profit on your customers' expense.

Zappatta said: The email history did not contain any emails RE: downtime. But it seems it was cleared

probably so they could not be proven liars yes, pretty dodgy.

Zappatta said: Since my last charge by them was on the day of the outage, and since they (Epically) failed to provide the 99.9% uptime the guarantee, I have also issued a chargeback. That would be a small drop compared to the damages incurred to me by their negligence and lack of professionalism.

Well fair enough I suppose, I don't usually condone charge backs but when a company treats people like this they deserve them.

But please don't harp on about your damages though, that's just silly, if your damages were significant and provable you would do something about it, or more likely if you had the potential for significant damages after 3 days you would not have been using them (a bottom dollar brand) to begin with or would have had better redundancy in the first place.

Thanked by 1Silvest
  • AnthonySmith said: Well fair enough I suppose, I don't usually condone charge backs but when a company treats people like this they deserve them.

I've issued the chargeback after 3 days of having no service, and only getting ambiguous and seemingly dishonest communication from the company. Moreover, I had no way of contacting them and asking for a refund. Their emails bounced and they blocked me on facebook and twitter (for complaining too loudly I guess).

Besides, due to their unreliability I must say that at a certain point I was honestly unsure that the servers will ever come back up.

AnthonySmith said: But please don't harp on about your damages though, that's just silly, if your damages were significant and provable you would do something about it, or more likely if you had the potential for significant damages after 3 days you would not have been using them (a bottom dollar brand) to begin with or would have had better redundancy in the first place.

While I don't strongly disagree with you here, I think I am still allowed to complain about it. I didn't say the damages were significant, if they were I would have taken them to court instead of complaining in an internet bulletin board.

But damages are damages. I had to spend 4-5 hours dealing with them and setting up a new server on new host. Hours that could have otherwise been spent doing more enjoyable things like going to the beach or playing video games. I don't know about you, but free time is scarce for me, so I don't think complaining about it silly :).

As for not using bottom dollar brand, I do disagree there. If you advertise a service for a price, you should provide the service you advertised. If you fail to provide what you advertised, you should be accountable to that. Sorry, but "I was selling it cheap in the first place" is not a valid excuse.

Moreover, I've used another "bottom dollar brand" host for over a year and had little to no downtime. So not all of them are unreliable it seems.

Thanked by 1Alaxona

Zappatta said: As for not using bottom dollar brand, I do disagree there. If you advertise a service for a price, you should provide the service you advertised. If you fail to provide what you advertised, you should be accountable to that. Sorry, but "I was selling it cheap in the first place" is not a valid excuse.

well, after buying several tin openers for £1 I have to disagree, cheap shit rarely performs the function it is intended for flawlessly and without issue, thats just the way the world works.

That is not to say you cant get good deals and bargains, clearly this time you got a shitty tin opener. it happens.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AnthonySmith said: "cheap shit rarely performs the function it is intended for flawlessly and without issue"

To adapt to your tin opener analogy, I would accept slow servers or occasional short downtimes as "shitty tin opener", and probably live with accept it for the low price I am paying. Yo are correct about that.

But 80+ hours of unannounced downtime is not a shitty tin opener, it's a broken tin opener.

• @Zappatta said:

AnthonySmith said: "cheap shit rarely performs the function it is intended for flawlessly and without issue"

To adapt to your tin opener analogy, I would accept slow servers or occasional short downtimes as "shitty tin opener", and probably live with accept it for the low price I am paying. Yo are correct about that.

But 80+ hours of unannounced downtime is not a shitty tin opener, it's a broken tin opener.

And broken tin openers are returned to the store for a refund (=chargeback). And you can even tell your friends and family not to buy that specific brand.

But you don't go around claiming how you lost thousands because you couldn't open a tin.

• teamacc said: But you don't go around claiming how you lost thousands because you couldn't open a tin.

When/where did I do that?

• IshaqIshaq Member

@teamacc said: But you don't go around claiming how you lost thousands because you couldn't open a tin.

What about if you were hiding thousands in the tin?

• @Ishaq said:

@teamacc said: But you don't go around claiming how you lost thousands because you couldn't open a tin.

What about if you were hiding thousands in the tin?

You go get a sawzall and open that bitch.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • edited July 2018

Let’s address the elephant in the room. This is LeT

Where’s the. They didn’t pay their bills and were cut off and had to suddenly move >.>

Of course I’m joking. But it is summer

• All of this could've been solved with just a simple ban back then, and the company would've been gone the next week. :)

• It seems node, panel, and site are down again...

• I'm getting 1-3% uptime for the past 24 hrs.