Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I bought a scam residential proxy service, what should I do? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I bought a scam residential proxy service, what should I do?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Rotating residential IP. Nope lol

Nope nope nope. That ain't Netflix. If anything, that'd set off more red flags for streaming. This is for being shady.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:

Nope nope nope. That ain't Netflix. If anything, that'd set off more red flags for streaming. This is for being shady.

After talking with him. This is not for Netflix.

• mkshmksh Member

@xxlx said:

mksh said: You have already been referred to vpngate

Which allows other people to use my connection as a proxy?

Oh my. You could look at their site or could ask a stupid question. Unsurprisingly you choose the second option. You should be happy some misguided person even gave you a pointer but you can't even manage put in the effort to look it up.

@rickey318 said:

@jarland said:

After talking with him. This is not for Netflix.

This was pretty obvious from the start. Also OP keeps ignoring the question what he needs this for which makes it safe to assume he knows he'd get shit for it. Not there is a lot legitimate use cases for this anyways. Pretty much like the chance of someone ethically/legally supplying this being extremely slim.

• xxlxxxlx Member

mksh said: can't even manage put in the effort to look it up.

Thats you my friend, Ive actually used the vpn months ago. Really funny how you dont know what your talking about.

• YuraYura Member

Why do you need rotating residential IPs?

It's a simple question.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • mkshmksh Member

@xxlx said:

mksh said: can't even manage put in the effort to look it up.

Thats you my friend, Ive actually used the vpn months ago. Really funny how you dont know what your talking about.

Geez, for months you say? Yet you can't read a webpage. Also contrary to you i would have no problems getting residential IPs for free. No need to install anything or funky VPN services. Get a brain and some skills...

• xxlxxxlx Member

Yura said: Why do you need rotating residential IPs?

I need to be passed through as a real person

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

Meaning you aren't a real person?

What are you then? Trump?

• xxlxxxlx Member

deank said: What are you then? Trump?

Ah, guess I voted for a fake person then.

• bapbap Member

@xxlx said:

what? come again..

• kasslekassle Member

so you want to rotate the ip until you found ip that want to be your lover ?

• xxlxxxlx Member

bap said: what? come again..

?

kassle said: so you want to rotate the ip until you found ip that want to be your lover ?

>

Yes, thats actually what Im trying to do right now, with my old service that works. I need to go and trial some other services though because this is taking too long

• @soyougav said:
    why dont u use cloudflare?

xD

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

We ban blackhat requests here, don't we?

Thanked by 1kkrajk

Indeed, the end is nigh here.

• xxlxxxlx Member

Someone guess what Im doing, if you get it right I will tell you. Its not black hat/illegal just a hint.

Doesn't matter. If it smells, it smells. No need to know the real answer. Poop is poop after all.

• xxlxxxlx Member

I wonder why those trolling type people arent around they would have roasted me by now

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@xxlx said:
    Someone guess what Im doing, if you get it right I will tell you. Its not black hat/illegal just a hint.

Noone is gonna play your silly guessing game. If what you are doing is indeed kosher why so secretive about it?

@xxlx said:

And why you need to pass as multiple real persons?

• xxlxxxlx Member

mksh said: why so secretive about it?

Why would I tell you in the first place

• mkshmksh Member

@xxlx said:

To come across at least a tiny bit less like scum?

• YuraYura Member

@xxlx said:

This is a public forum and it has rules. You have no idea what you are doing and that's why you came here for help. But when people tell you to keep your shit out of this place you are doing your ridiculous pantomime and wasting everyone's good spirit.

You are also incredibly boring. Adios.

• Check pm.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited June 2018

@raindog308 said:

rm_ said: then you deserve every last bit of it, and also to be banned from this forum as well.

Uh, why exactly? Sounds to me like the dude just wants to watch Netflix.

Residential VPNs are just hijacked computers with malware on them (usually).

• xxlxxxlx Member

ehhthing said: Residential VPNs are just hijacked computers with malware on them (usually).

>

Why do you think this?, I want to hear more

• @xxlx said:

To be transparent. Nobody likes somebody who is hiding something.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited June 2018

@xxlx said:

ehhthing said: Residential VPNs are just hijacked computers with malware on them (usually).

>

Because its expensive. Normal classification of IPs as residential or hosting is based on ASNs or IP ranges. On the ASN level, most providers are in two main zones: hosting and residential. It is, however sometimes a provider might provide hosting and residential services under the same ASN. This is where expense comes in. Most of these providers provide expensive, enterprise aimed services to businesses. They mainly deal with businesses that require managed services. Even if they offer this service, the IP ranges are likely different between residential and hosting.

Therefore, it is highly unlikely that any provider of this service would be getting it from the companies.

I see no other way to get residential VPN services, unless the user consents to it, which I find unlikely.

Thanked by 1xxlx
  • classyclassy Member

@xxlx said:

Did you know that presenting yourself as a different person than yourself has a name? It’s called fraud or identity theft.

• @xxlx said:

After some drinking, a whaling accident with his father and a fairy involved, Pinocchio became a real man.

• mkshmksh Member

@ehhthing said:

@xxlx said:

>

Because its expensive. Normal classification of IPs as residential or hosting is based on ASNs or IP ranges. On the ASN level, most providers are in two main zones: hosting and residential. It is, however sometimes a provider might provide hosting and residential services under the same ASN. This is where expense comes in. Most of these providers provide expensive, enterprise aimed services to businesses. They mainly deal with businesses that require managed services. Even if they offer this service, the IP ranges are likely different between residential and hosting.

Therefore, it is highly unlikely that any provider of this service would be getting it from the companies.

I see no other way to get residential VPN services, unless the user consents to it, which I find unlikely.

Pretty much this. OP will sooner or later not only deal with scammers but with downright criminals. I guess i know which service he is using right now and imo it would be best for him (and everyone else) if he just stuck with it as the people behind this are just crooks which is about as noble as it gets in this business. Non shady solutions are as you say very likely out of his budget.

I will also exit this thread now. OP is at best a lazy, ignorant and smug tool. I don't even care all that much whatever shady shit he is up to. The real problem is that he is naive, clueless and unwilling to put any effort into learning. Like i said before getting free residential proxies is not exactly rocket science when you have 2 braincells and lack morals. To bad only the latter applies to OP.

As for OP: Don't come here again to cry when the stupidity bites you in the ass. As is you are at the absolute bottom of the black hat economy and this is by your own choice so deal with it.

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul Yura
This discussion has been closed.