Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Special ! KVM VPS Trial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Special ! KVM VPS Trial

BruceBruce Member
edited June 2018 in General

For the next month I'm offering some FREE trials

• KVM VPS Cloud account - create your own VPS
  • up to 8 cores
  • up to 8GB RAM
  • up to 120GB RAID10 HDD
  • 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gb/s
  • up to 5 VPS total
  • 1 IPv4 per VPS
  • Virtualizor Panel

The nodes have 2 x X5650 CPU (12 cores / 24 threads)

This is using the new Virtualizor hourly billing for signup and deployment (lots of bugs, so not everything works). its far from production ready, but you're welcome to have a play with it. Signup for an account here. once activated I will add $10 credit, you can then spend it as you want. should be enough for a 1G VPS for a month, 2 x 512M VPS for a month, or a 8G VPS for a week. you choose how to spend the credit. if you run out, you can always beg for more

T&Cs:

• nothing illegal - no warez, spam, bad stuff.
  • VPN, legal adult, etc is OK
  • support is best efforts (this is not a commercial offering)
  • stress testing is OK, but do not use the service to interfere/attack anything else
  • no need to signup with info and/or pass fraud check. just need an email address

Why am I doing this ? I have retired my VPS nodes from production use, for obvious reasons (delimiter). Until they expire, I'm doing some testing so happy to share the resources here. The server could become unavailable tomorrow, or could run 7/31/18. for the avoidance of ANY doubt, this is not a precursor to offering paid services to LET members. your email address will not be sold to spammers. you cannot actually PAY for a service by mistake

I dont have a provider tag, so if mods dont like this, pls feel free to delete

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Bruce said: for obvious reasons

I might have missed something, but what are the reasons?

• BruceBruce Member
    edited June 2018

@joepie91 said:
    I might have missed something, but what are the reasons?

1 week of downtime - you cant run a business on that

edit: forgot to mention, my US nodes are in Atlanta @ Delimiter. am in progress with migrating to Charlotte (QuickPacket)

• Bruce said: (this is not a commercial offering)

At $10/month for a 1GB KVM?

• FredQcFredQc Member

sleddog said: At $10/month for a 1GB KVM?

He will give you $10 in credits

• BruceBruce Member

think of it as 10 LETbucks. its not real money

• @sleddog said:

Bruce said: (this is not a commercial offering)

He clearly stated he will add $10 CREDIT to your account for use to create your VPS' with, not as payment.

• BruceBruce Member

currently you cant spin up a 8G plan. dont know why. but can be done via ticket if needed

• FredQc said: He will give you $10 in credits

That's the first month. Then it's $10/month. Seems like a "commercial offering" offering to me.

The price might be reasonable in wombat country, but not in the US of A.

• BruceBruce Member

@sleddog said:
    That's the first month. Then it's $10/month. Seems like a "commercial offering" offering to me.

the server will disappear next month. there's ZERO chance of it being offered for sale. and if anyone tried to add credit, the paypal gateway is not configured

• FredQcFredQc Member

sleddog said: That's the first month. Then it's $10/month.

But he said

Bruce said: if you run out, you can always beg for more

:P

• @sleddog said:

FredQc said: He will give you $10 in credits

The price might be reasonable in wombat country, but not in the US of A.

If you don't like this, you can move on. ;)

• Bruce said: the server will disappear next month. there's ZERO chance of it being offered for sale. and if anyone tried to add credit, the paypal gateway is not configured

https://wombathosting.com/

It seems I can order a 1GB VM @ $10/month. But I didn't complete the process.

I just don't understand what you're doing. Looking for people to test your new system? Then just say so.

• BruceBruce Member
    edited June 2018

I just don't understand what you're doing. Looking for people to test your new system? Then just say so.

its a genuine offer. I have 3 nodes which I wont put paying customers on any longer. nothing more. I dont sell on LET for several reasons, but happy to share some freebies. you will notice I dont put links in my sig. I dont push people to signup to WHMCS. no-one will get spammed/scammed. no-one will be offered deals next month

• Bruce said: its a genuine offer. I have 3 nodes which I wont put paying customers on any longer. nothing more. I dont sell on LET for several reasons, but happy to share some freebies. you will notice I dont put links in my sig. I dont push people to signup to WHMCS. no-one will get spammed/scammed. no-one will be offered deals next month

OK mate, no need to keep editing the explanation. I believe you :)

MGarbis said: If you don't like this, you can move on. ;)

Arse.

Thanked by 1MGarbis
  • feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

@sleddog said:

Bruce said: the server will disappear next month. there's ZERO chance of it being offered for sale. and if anyone tried to add credit, the paypal gateway is not configured

https://wombathosting.com/

It seems I can order a 1GB VM @ $10/month. But I didn't complete the process.

freak sake, did you even read the thread?

• BruceBruce Member

the virtualizor billing stuff is horribly bugged. yes its beta, but more like early alpha. if you need help with anything, send email or use LETsupport here :

• Good offer for 1 months trial....

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

stress testing is OK

What was the cause of your one week downtime? Was it a wider delimiter issue or did they suspend the account?

Not sure if you realise - but DoS attacks over the internet aren't legal with a small number of very specific exceptions, so you should prohibit them.

• TomTom Member

@jackb said:

stress testing is OK

What was the cause of your one week downtime? Was it a wider delimiter issue or did they suspend the account?

Not sure if you realise - but DoS attacks over the internet aren't legal with a small number of very specific exceptions, so you should prohibit them.

Surprised at the amount of people who aren't aware: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/145640/delimiter-server-down-atlanta#latest

• BruceBruce Member
    edited June 2018

@jackb said:
    did they suspend the account?

if they had, I would not be able to offer this

@jackb said:
    Not sure if you realise - but DoS attacks over the internet aren't legal

that is why its not allowed

• I had register, and I don't have $10 credit

• Didn't see the $10 credit...

• BruceBruce Member

the $10 credit is done manually. if I miss someone, just msg me

• User ID : 27
    Activation Code : knhz0kskwxs4edvbsj1jg8qjaczyqkak

What about it?

• BruceBruce Member

@stdhello said:
    User ID : 27
    Activation Code : knhz0kskwxs4edvbsj1jg8qjaczyqkak

What about it?

something virtualizor does. you can ignore the code

• Hourly Billed, I like it very much, but the price seems a bit high, I don't know how peformance about it.

• AnyoeAnyoe Member

WOW Interesting

• BruceBruce Member

@stdhello said:
    Hourly Billed, I like it very much, but the price seems a bit high, I don't know how peformance about it.

its FREE. the numbers are just to see how the hourly billing works. so, what dont you like about the numbers ?

$10 credit for a $10 a month service = FREE service for a month
    $10 credit for a $5 a month service = 2 x FREE services for a month

• BruceBruce Member

looks like virtualizor doesnt charge for a VPS that is powered down, even though it still keeps the disk space and IP in use.

• It sounds great. Good configuration and good Cloud VPS. I will contact and try someday.