Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Hetzner Resellers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Hetzner Resellers?

2»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@deank said:
    I think the Korean last name "Kim" should set off alarm as well despite of tens of millions having that last name.

No, that wouldn't make sense because Kim is a very common last name in both North and South Korea.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@angstrom said:

@torrbox said: I think you vastly underestimate what I meant by "foreign last name". Of course racist is vastly exaggerated and the reasoning is not verifiable in this case. Surely you understand, however, that the reasoning does not matter when you constantly get double-checked, but your friends don't (most of which with foreign last names, but not names like mine).

It's not inconceivable that a potential customer's last name is a factor. For example, if your last name is bin Laden (as @mksh asked), Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Amin, Lenin, Trump, or Hussein, you may set off an alarm, or if your first name is Jong-un or Osama. Naturally, I'm just guessing ... but even if certain last names set off an alarm, this still isn't racism.

Exactly. It may also even be just something that comes across as a bad joke. Maybe kismahass is a common last name in some language but any international company is probably going to think you are bullshitting them. Hell, if i were to make a contract and the person i am dealing with tells me their name is kismahass i'd probably want to see their ID too.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@angstrom said:
    No, that wouldn't make sense because Kim is a very common last name in both North and South Korea.

You are a racist!

This is the gist of this thread. When you don't get what you want, simply shout "Racist".

Thanked by 3mksh angstrom ooowwww
  • khazaakhazaa Member

I can resell hetzner servers if someone needs.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited June 2018

@torrbox said:

Falzo said: without being willing to identify themselves properly to their future business partners

What a dumb-as-bread response, considering that 99.9% of businesses, including hosting companies, in the entire world don't verify IDs, simply because there is nearly no benefit from it, and the 0.1% do it mainly because of government regulations. I didn't even have to identify myself for my credit card - they gave me 5 grand without even knowing who I am, simply because it makes them the most money statistically.

reading your posts let's me assume that hetzners filters are obviously very good in doing a magic job there :-D

the small snippet of your behaviour here screams 'customer-not-worth-the-trouble' even if it would just be for annoying or lazy-ass support abuse or ending the business without proper cancellation at a later point and stuff that will cause unneccesary costs and work for them.

being a customer myself I appreciate their efforts to keep away any stupid dickhead that might increase their workload with avoidable crap. because that is what's keeping the prices as low as they are.

have some bread instead:

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • mkshmksh Member

@khazaa said:
    I can resell hetzner servers if someone needs.

Link to your company website?

• khazaakhazaa Member

I am not a company. Does not mean i cannot help users here.

True.

At the same time, it makes it a lot easier to scam people.

• khazaakhazaa Member
    edited June 2018

Why the hell would i ruin my account with hetzner, or scam people for small money ? Paypal also have chargeback. I have a hobby site located at http://khazaa.com , but that is just a hobby, and i am not a company. Also, i have already sold a service to a user on lowendtalk. If you want to talk to him to see if i delivered, send me a message and i will set you in contact with him

• @deank said:
    I think the Korean last name "Kim" should set off alarm as well despite of tens of millions having that last name.

And add Jarland to the list also.

OVH doesent seem to mind..

http://whois.domaintools.com/193.70.95.71

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
    edited June 2018

@khazaa said:
    Why the hell would i ruin my account with hetzner, or scam people for small money ? Paypal also have chargeback. I have a hobby site located at http://khazaa.com , but that is just a hobby, and i am not a company. Also, i have already sold a service to a user on lowendtalk. If you want to talk to him to see if i delivered, send me a message and i will set you in contact with him

The nature of LET: people will do anything to get any money off your pocket, even if it's for just 10 cents.

Why, AKA reasoning, doesn't matter here. Some just love to scam and observe them suffer or have mental breakdowns.

@stefeman said:
    OVH doesent seem to mind..

http://whois.domaintools.com/193.70.95.71

OVH is a racist!

• khazaakhazaa Member

I can understand your thoughts. But that is not always the issue. I can deliver the server(s) up front before payment also. I got no issue with that.

• saibalsaibal Member

@khazaa said:

Then how do you offer Windows licenses to people?

edited June 2018

Just take a look at the Delimiter thread right below.

People's servers are down for 10+ (In some cases 20+) days and they are going though PMS left & right.

The host must be loving reading their reactions.

P.S. I don't have a PM box. LET took it away from me, racists!

• mkshmksh Member

@khazaa said:
    I can understand your thoughts. But that is not always the issue. I can deliver the server(s) up front before payment also. I got no issue with that.

You should read the rules though. No offers over PM without a provider tag

• khazaakhazaa Member

@saibal said:

@khazaa said:

Then how do you offer Windows licenses to people?

I have a license i can use multible times, and pay for each server active per month through a provider in norway.

No, @mksh says I am too stupid to handle e-mails.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • @Falzo said:

@torrbox said:

have some bread instead:

That actually looks quite appetising, just needs a dash or two of mayo.

• Falzo said: reading your posts let's me assume that hetzners filters are obviously very good in doing a magic job there :-D

Apparently not if you're there. ;)

• @mksh said:
    @torrbox is your last name maybe bin laden?

It's not that bad but it's on the list of every border security. It's an all-or-nothing name. Either you see nothing wrong with it, or you can't stop thinking about it. I didn't notice it myself until the "incidents" occurred frequently.

What made it a lot worse is that I had an .is email domain.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@torrbox said:

Falzo said: reading your posts let's me assume that hetzners filters are obviously very good in doing a magic job there :-D

Apparently not if you're there. ;)

That's the point, even if I needed to validate, (can't remember, it's been years ago), I simply provided my business papers alongside with my ID to them and have been good ever since. not because they wanted me too, but because I wanted to take my business to them.

• AidanAidan Member

torrbox said: What made it a lot worse is that I had an .is email domain.

Nobody gives a damn about your last name nor your small-fry domain. Play your racism card somewhere else.

Having a custom domain probably raises more flags, hell - the majority of the spam I receive is from custom domains & not major providers.

• You can purchase Hetzner servers through this company:
    https://www.bhostin.com/