Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFP Hosting Scam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFP Hosting Scam

gwnd1989gwnd1989 Member
edited June 2018 in Providers

This provider was recently featured on lowendbox.
https://lowendbox.com/blog/nfphosting-6gb-kvm-for-10-mo-in-la-ny-il-and-much-more/

I purchased their 6GB KVM.
The attached PDF is all what you are getting from this scam.

http://docdro.id/y1VpUxL

Comments

• I have bought vps boxes from lowendbox offers past few years and this is where I stop trusting.
    lowendbox does not even let me post this. Losing their credibility.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • Wow this part:

Thanked by 2Aidan MrPsycho
  • andikliveandiklive Member
    edited June 2018

your point is irrelevant, LET is community based.

;TLDR : he look like buy windows vps and got suspended because have high load I/O. the problem is NFP request to shutdown the vm. what customer do is install WAMP, NFP staff tell that the vm got targeted ddos and suggest to enable firewall.

who peoples in earth use windows vps for webserver?

i dont know about windows version and firewall, but most windows user disabled firewall for remote desktop instead use like teamviewer.

• Wow what a complete shambles, from the tickets they have no idea what they are doing.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I had the same issue with them, saying i was bering attacked eith DDos and i should be securing my servers while i wasn’t even loged in the server once. It’s a nice way to get money and kick people of your service though, especially yearly clients.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

armandorg said: i should be securing my servers while i wasn’t even loged in the server once

That is a really stupid thing to say and do, if you never logged in to your RUNNING server then obviously is is COMPLETELY insecure and WIDE open to be exploited and attacked and used in DDOS AMP attacks.

I am really sick of that sort of attitude, you are not buying a managed service, shut the thing down immediately if you have no intention of lifting a finger yourself.

You have no idea how much chaos the, password123 or changeme but I never logged in people cause for everyone.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited June 2018

"Kindly shut down your VPS when not in use. Thank you!"

Thanked by 1FHR
  • imokimok Member

@Janevski said:
    "Kindly shut down your VPS when not in use. Thank you!"

Not a bad idea if you are unsure your server has been secured. There are a lot of exploits for Windows.

• Considering the level of plausible deniability someone can use by acquiring a VPS and having password abc123 and 'not using the server', doing that x1000 fold and replying 'i did not log in even once', it's not an excuse for anything. Common sense would dictate, "dont go around buying VPS you're not using".

• imokimok Member

@ricardo said:
    Common sense would dictate, "dont go around buying VPS you're not using".

But still, we need some idling VPS in our lives.

• @andiklive said:

;TLDR : he look like buy windows vps and got suspended because have high load I/O. the problem is NFP request to shutdown the vm. what customer do is install WAMP, NFP staff tell that the vm got targeted ddos and suggest to enable firewall.

i dont know about windows version and firewall, but most windows user disabled firewall for remote desktop instead use like teamviewer.

Nope. I did not install WAMP. I could not get that installed.
    I did not logged into it just because I did not want to. I just grabbed what just seemed a nice offer. Because offers do expire.

• First of all my password wasn't abc123. We can not enter custom passwords there.
    They generate passwords for you.
    And using or not using my server is my business.
    It is a VPS. They have 99.99% uptime guarantee.

I pay for the whole month so why do I need to shut it down and reboot it.

I dont have to do it. Atleast it saves me time when i login again.

@ricardo said:
    Considering the level of plausible deniability someone can use by acquiring a VPS and having password abc123 and 'not using the server', doing that x1000 fold and replying 'i did not log in even once', it's not an excuse for anything. Common sense would dictate, "dont go around buying VPS you're not using".

• @AnthonySmith said:

armandorg said: i should be securing my servers while i wasn’t even loged in the server once

That is a really stupid thing to say and do, if you never logged in to your RUNNING server then obviously is is COMPLETELY insecure and WIDE open to be exploited and attacked and used in DDOS AMP attacks.

I am really sick of that sort of attitude, you are not buying a managed service, shut the thing down immediately if you have no intention of lifting a finger yourself.

You have no idea how much chaos the, password123 or changeme but I never logged in people cause for everyone.

Did you read the ticket. I logged in the day I bought it.
    I did setup the server. The firewall was on. Remote desktop was on. No other servers were running not even IIS.

And the password was also reset by me.

There is one thing you can do, you can go to the thread where they advertised this offer and read the comments of people who bought the scam.

The servers get suspended because they oversell!!!

• @andiklive said:

LOL, The firewall was always enabled.
    High I/O load. LOL All they showed me was some network configuration. I think it was some ifconfig output.
    There are lots of people who use Windows for a web server, otherwise IIS wouldnt exist today.

• How many more negative comments before they get tossed off LEB?

• Well, if you think they are good, please do go for them.
    Not my problem. I do not sell VPSes nor anything.

I just do not like scammers that is all.
    A lots of people think they are a scam https://lowendbox.com/blog/nfphosting-6gb-kvm-for-10-mo-in-la-ny-il-and-much-more/

• mkshmksh Member

@andiklive said:

While i agree about Windows being a horrible OS for servers what the support told him is complete and utter nonsense. First high I/O on an idle server (yeah, it's Windows does this sometimes i guess but then it seems like they sold it and should be prepared) which they back up by some unrelated screenshot then the bullshit about being a DDoS target with the request to enable firewall. What can a firewall really do about an incoming DDoS? These guys are a joke.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • gwnd1989 said: First of all my password wasn't abc123.

First of all I was responding to a conversation that developed in this thread.

Secondly it does look like you're after some kind of managed service going by your comments.

But yes, I've used those guys and I can tell instantly from my provisioned service that's slower than normal that their service is substandard. Thanks for sharing what you think of the service, make sure you get your money back if you genuinely believe that you were never going to get the service you bought.

• @ricardo said:

gwnd1989 said: First of all my password wasn't abc123.

First of all I was responding to a conversation that developed in this thread.

Secondly it does look like you're after some kind of managed service going by your comments.

But yes, I've used those guys and I can tell instantly from my provisioned service that's slower than normal that their service is substandard. Thanks for sharing what you think of the service, make sure you get your money back if you genuinely believe that you were never going to get the service you bought.

No I was not going after some kind of managed service.
    How did you come to that conclusion.

I wouldnt have minded if the service was substandard. But they lie. Its a scam.

Refund? Lol you must be joking. Search for nfp on lowendtalk and lowendbox and you can see how many people actually 'got' their money back.

Maybe Ricardo has a soft spot for Nathan 'Ramirez' bam!

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2018

Sakes man. I was saying you sound like a bit of a noob. Why are you ordering 6GB services from barely known folks and moaning about it?

Refund? Charge back like every person in history did in this situation, if your complaint is legitimate.

Nathan 'Ramirez'.... no idea what you're on about.

Tell you what, work on your English and choice of host and then have a conversation.

At the moment you're just dropping a piece of turd onto this forum and asking for a shoulder to cry on.

Thanked by 1vimalware

gwnd1989 said: Did you read the ticket. I logged in the day I bought it. I did setup the server. The firewall was on. Remote desktop was on. No other servers were running not even IIS.

I was responding to the post I quoted not to yours.

• @ricardo said:
    Sakes man. I was saying you sound like a bit of a noob. Why are you ordering 6GB services from barely known folks and moaning about it?

Refund? Charge back like every person in history did in this situation, if your complaint is legitimate.

Nathan 'Ramirez'.... no idea what you're on about.

Tell you what, work on your English and choice of host and then have a conversation.

At the moment you're just dropping a piece of turd onto this forum and asking for a shoulder to cry on.

I am not moaning. I just posted my experince with them. I am not moaning.
    It is not an unknow host. Lowendbox has credibility and they say that nfp has been in the business from 2006 and they had posted an other offer before.

Oh btw I do not want a refund. 10dollars who cares. I let him have it maybe hes hungry after all. But i hate liars and scammers.

My English. Well yes it is not my mother tounge but I am sure everyone understands what I am saying.
    How many languages do you speak other than English? Lol

• @AnthonySmith said:

gwnd1989 said: Did you read the ticket. I logged in the day I bought it. I did setup the server. The firewall was on. Remote desktop was on. No other servers were running not even IIS.

I was responding to the post I quoted not to yours.

Anyway if they did not log in to the service atleast once... Well how many exploits could have been there in a fresh install of linux with selinux or Windows server installation thats is not logged into.

And they dont even send you an email incase the server is suspended.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@gwnd1989 said:
    Anyway if they did not log in to the service atleast once... Well how many exploits could have been there in a fresh install of linux with selinux or Windows server installation thats is not logged into.

Shitton. You never leave default install alone more than an hour. Must patch it ASAP at least.

Thanked by 1imok
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2018

gwnd1989 said: My English. Well yes it is not my mother tounge but I am sure everyone understands what I am saying.

No doubt the same goes for what you read as well.

And LET/LEB are not endorsing anything, they just 'share' offers from providers. But surely you already know that.

gwnd1989 said: Anyway if they did not log in to the service atleast once... Well how many exploits could have been there in a fresh install of linux with selinux or Windows server installation thats is not logged into.

literally hundreds, likely significantly more on Windows as the template could be years old.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @imok said:

@ricardo said:
    Common sense would dictate, "dont go around buying VPS you're not using".

But still, we need some idling VPS in our lives.

But still, we need to secure the VPS first before leaving it idle.

• @AnthonySmith said:

gwnd1989 said: Anyway if they did not log in to the service atleast once... Well how many exploits could have been there in a fresh install of linux with selinux or Windows server installation thats is not logged into.

literally hundreds, likely significantly more on Windows as the template could be years old.

Well why would someone not provide up todate templates if they are worried about attacks and whatnot

edited June 2018

gwnd1989 said: Well why would someone not provide up todate templates if they are worried about attacks and whatnot

because when its an un-managed service people probably pay less than a bag of Doritos per month and that does not justify the 20 man hours per week to keep templates up to date and repack and redistribute them and test them CONSTANTLY.

Its a self managed service, you chose your own OS, manage the install and updates yourself, want better? pay better!

I don't think you appreciate how things scale when dealing with big numbers of customers.

But again, not really the point, its your server you manage if you do not, you lose it and again I was responding to someone else initially.

Thanked by 2MrPsycho AlwaysSkint
  • @ricardo said:

gwnd1989 said: My English. Well yes it is not my mother tounge but I am sure everyone understands what I am saying.

No doubt the same goes for what you read as well.

And LET/LEB are not endorsing anything, they just 'share' offers from providers. But surely you already know that.

No they used to not post offers from providers with a bad history. They shared an offer a few months back and it got many negative feedbacks.

Well... LEB is owned by colocrossing and nfp is a colocrossing customer

Maybe

This discussion has been closed.