Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats with the real reasoning behind the conflict between buyVM and SolusVM recently? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats with the real reasoning behind the conflict between buyVM and SolusVM recently?

Comments

• @concernednetizen said: @francisco code on evry big arab hacking website. pepl use this for vps no money. now see one codes for databace empty. many many codes.

Im finding your English very hard to understand.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@concernednetizen said: @francisco code on evry big arab hacking website. pepl use this for vps no money. now see one codes for databace empty. many many codes.

That's scary.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2012

Pics or it never happened :P

Im just saying, if codes like that were around they would be in use and at least one of the providers here would have had it happen.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

Omg, we should all totally switch to vePortal!!

( epic sarcasm )

• @concernednetizen said: Here in middle east many peple hack solus. On saudi haker website there is php codes to add vps no money, list vps on server and reboot server not vps. I no peple try this 2 day back and vps no money. it work on even new solus. some peple go india company for vps admin this strong but solus no strong.

try write by arabic i will try explain by English :D

• @JSCL said: Omg, we should all totally switch to vePortal!!

( epic sarcasm )

Last time I checked, vePortals only customer is BurstNET, so it must be good.

• @Daniel said: Last time I checked, vePortals only customer is BurstNET, so it must be good.

it still can be decoded :D

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited February 2012

@concernednetizen said: many many codes.

Thanked by 2eastonch djvdorp
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Shadow said: try write by arabic i will try explain by English :D

I hope you wont use Google Translate. It's a big fat fail with Arabic. Either way there are so many different dialects of Arabic which means so many words will have different meanings in different countries.

• ShadowShadow Member
    edited February 2012

@Infinity said: I hope you wont use Google Translate. It's a big fat fail with Arabic. Either way there are so many different dialects of Arabic which means so many words will have different meanings in different countries.

:D:D my language is Arabic :-P

• I infinity dog dare you to make Stallion free to tick SolusVM off.

• Wow if this is true... never thought DotVPS was a piece of crap :|

@Naruto said: I infinity dog dare you to make Stallion free to tick SolusVM off.

I hope you're not refering to me.

• @shadow
    أنا عادة ما أرى ثغرات أو شيلات بلغة بى أتش بى على مواقع الويب السعودية. هذة عادة ما تستخدم ضد شركات الإستضافة الإسرائيلية و ذلك إما للحصول على خدمات ويب مجانية أو لإغلاق سيرفراتهم أو لإفراغ قواعد البيانات.
    هذة الثغرات/الشيلات مشهورة الجميع يعرفونها جيدا. لذلك فإنه يدهشنى أن تعتقد أن الذى قام بعمل هذة الشلات لا يعرف . أنا أعرف الكثير من شركات الإستضافة التى قامت بالتصفية و الإغلاق بسبب هذة البرامج و الشلات.
    هذا يفسر لماذا العديد من الشركات لم تعد تستخدم هذة البرامج و قامت بالتحويل لإستخدام البدائل

• @liam said: Please consider eventually intergreting billing+support into stallion :)

WHMCS is a solid system for billing and support. And since we have an owned license, there's pretty much no chance of us moving away from them. I will be introducing some tie-ins that will automate a few things on the billing side based on changes in Stallion... but the two systems will remain separate.

edited February 2012

@concernednetizen said: الإسرائيلية

:O

• @liam said: Personally I find it from a clients point of view easier to do everything from one panel.

This is true, as well. The downside is, a massive amount of work would be required to integrate accounting, billing, support, and other functions into Stallion. A similar amount of work would be needed to give total Stallion functionality in WHMCS, as well. We'll very likely at least give simple controls in the My Services section, but we do have our own reasons for wanting the two systems separate :P

• @liam said: However I'm sure hosts like separating things

Not so much like things separate as much as the need for survival. I cannot be nimble with all my eggs in one basket when the market shifts.

• @yomero said: Wow if this is true... never thought DotVPS was a piece of crap :|

He also DoS's people off his boxes, and is known to create issues for individuals on a daily basis. Stay away from him as far as possible.

Please be informed that the admin of Lowendbox has confirmed the SolusVM attacks and the endorsement of "nulling" SolusVM, along with the endorsement of D(d)os attacks at http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/30197#Comment_30197 is true.

Best,
    Kevin

• Private messages aren't private messages on LET.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Francisco said: Now, in February of 2011 we dumped some of the SolusVM variables to work on our own IPV6 RDNS page integration since they were refusing to provide them.

@Francisco said: Since we had made enough modifications to the frontend SMARTY files, we simply reused them. At this point, Stallion does look like SolusVM 1.7x's skin, but that won't be for much longer as our designer finishes documenting all of the data he needs fed to his code.

@Francisco said: Stallion was originally spec'd as 'do everything that SolusVM does, but fix the key parts', but we gutted out so many things that we just don't need in the panel itself.

@Francisco, nothing against your project, it seems it humming along quite nicely, BUT, the 3 things above will cause you problems when you are going to commercially use your product (not just selling it, using it).

You should have done a clean room design, not examine or borrow from the existing stuff which now completely contaminated your efforts (i.e. no VC will put $ in it). I realize the templates are being replaced, but I suggest you have someone in your jurisdiction check your code, notes, etc. as well as the terms you signed up with solusVM because as far as I can tell you are on shaky ground legally.

You are keeping development notes and books? on paper or a proper e-trail?

Thanked by 1yowmamasita
  • @Francisco, FYI, I'm just pointing it out since viable competition in the panel market == good stuff for us.

• @qenox said: You should have done a clean room design, not examine or borrow from the existing stuff which now completely contaminated your efforts (i.e. no VC will put $ in it). I realize the templates are being replaced, but I suggest you have someone in your jurisdiction check your code, notes, etc. as well as the terms you signed up with solusVM because as far as I can tell you are on shaky ground legally.

1) We don't need venture capital. Everything we do is funded internally, so that's a moot point.

2) This issue has already been settled with Solus. We've proven to them that we weren't and aren't using their decompiled code, and given the current situation there will be no issues with our short term use of the client-side template (obtained via view-source), which was primarily ease-of-transition for our clients.

We've discussed the possibility of marketing Stallion, but in the end it's a panel built to suit our specific needs, not generally pander to multiple types of hosts. IF we decided we wanted to sell, it would only be to a very select few; licensing and such would be out of the question.

SolusLTD's market is virtualization panels. Our market is virtual servers. Releasing/selling a tool to aid other hosts in providing virtual servers is counter-productive for us.

• @FTN_Kevin said: He also DoS's people off his boxes, and is known to create issues for individuals on a daily basis. Stay away from him as far as possible.

Please don't make this into another FTN_* hate threat, it wasn't its intended purpose.

Stallions nice design makes me jealous compared to PiePanel (my Minecraft Panel)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2012

@Daniel said: Please don't make this into another FTN_* hate threat, it wasn't its intended purpose.

Excuse me?

Please don't take your trolling into this thread, I was only confirming that what Francisco is claiming is correct since Yomero stated "if it was true"

Is there a problem with that?

PS: In that thread, you were the only one "hating." A lot of other providers appreciated our advise, but please do not bring that topic into this thread.

• @Aldryic said: This issue has already been settled with Solus

I hope you got that in writing :) Either way, I would consider what I wrote and think about it... no sense in leaving something that could be an issue unaddressed.

(No need to address it here, you should do that in house).

@qenox said: You are keeping development notes and books? on paper or a proper e-trail?

It sticks in my head or on a binder I got at home. We don't have pretty flow charts/etc pointing out where things should go or how things should progress ;) We have an end goal and I just work around all the pages needed to get that done.

If stallion ever goes to market it'll be with a complete rewrite. Right now it's very hacky in spots and the admin side is a complete laugh. The nice thing with the stallion business model , though, is that the source will be fully open to the person purchasing. There would be theft i'm sure, but the goal is that if a company is putting down $1000 over wire transfer/western union, they wouldn't be inclined to hand out copies.

Solus would of course be given a full copy before hand so they could see everything was on the up n' up.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Solus would of course be given a full copy before hand so they could see everything was on the up n' up.

Get a signed contract saying they can't use any of your code in solusvm first.

@dmmcintyre3 said: Get a signed contract saying they can't use any of your code in solusvm first.

Ahahahaha. They have their own charts/coding style that works for them, I highly doubt they'd use ours for much more than ideas like we do with solus. "Hey that's a cool feature"

Francisco

• @Francisco said: if a company is putting down $1000 over wire transfer/western union

I was thinking of just sending liquor to Aldryic and hookers to bz