Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH VPS SSD : announcing x2 more storage, and price decrease - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH VPS SSD : announcing x2 more storage, and price decrease

13»

Comments

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@DearTanker said:

@Zerpy said:

@DearTanker said:
    Bandwidth just ofer 100 Mbps?

Yes, you're paying 3 euro for a VPS with unmetered connection - do you really expect 1 gigabit for a cheap product? :')

Maybe higher price can get to share 1Gbps is ok?

ehm no.

Thanked by 3FHR Aidan Aidan
  • @wokenwoll when is OVH going to get serious about its cloud? Charging for object storage bandwidth intra datacenter? Intentionally crippling openstack functionality so you can't do things like create read-only users? We're big OVH users and would love to roll out more of the cloud offerings, but right now they're a joke.

• @iwaswrongonce said:
    @wokenwoll when is OVH going to get serious about its cloud? Charging for object storage bandwidth intra datacenter? Intentionally crippling openstack functionality so you can't do things like create read-only users? We're big OVH users and would love to roll out more of the cloud offerings, but right now they're a joke.

For Object Storage i'm not a expert but afaik it's writeen on the contract. We will add it on the website. For PCI you are right some basic features like this are missing, we can create only RW users right now. We focused on other things recently like infra stability (improved a lot), monitoring tools, deployments over new DC, Openstack version upgrade, Openstack CLI inside control panel, API response time, etc.
    Right now we focus on what the customers request the most and it's not this feature :/
    We plan to launch a kind of uservoice to improve the way we gather feedbacks like yours and quantify them. it's always instructive and should be taken into account.

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited June 2018

@mtsbatalha said:
    New SyS offers soon :

The end is nigh.

With 49.99euro setup fee

@FredQc said:
    IMHO those 1225v2 / 1245v2 should move to KS, they've been there for 5 years now with usualy the same price. Yes, it is time for a change.

There are 7 servers that are going to be offered in the 27euro-35euro range. Unless they can find something to replace them with and a cost-effective way to limit those racks to 100Mbit without affecting old users, very unlikely this would happen. What you're getting from Oles is probably v4 servers with an even higher price tag.

• @wokenwoll said:
    For Object Storage i'm not a expert but afaik it's writeen on the contract.

What does this mean? It was never a question, we know it's written in the contract and on the site. I am saying it's absurd, and cripples many use-cases for object storage. Your customers may not be demanding these things because they completely pass over OVH and go straight for AWS, GCP, et al. When you don't have something basic like read-only api keys, nobody is going to take you seriously and they won't come to you with more nuanced suggestions. You're just broadcasting that you're a little more advanced VPS provider, and not the enterprise cloud company that you market yourselves as.

• varwwwvarwww Member

Does anyone know how long OVH takes to respond to support ticket? Almost 5 days passed - no response. I wanted to get the free extra 20GB on VPS SSD 2. Any idea how to get it? Using OVH since 2 years, never had to contact support before this :o

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@varwww said:
    Does anyone know how long OVH takes to respond to support ticket?

It takes them years to answer

• deankdeank Member, Troll

For billing matters, they are surprisingly okay, responses within 2 days.

For general tickets, expect to exchange meaningless messages back and forth. You won't get anywhere.

• HaxHax Member

@varwww said:
    Does anyone know how long OVH takes to respond to support ticket? Almost 5 days passed - no response. I wanted to get the free extra 20GB on VPS SSD 2. Any idea how to get it? Using OVH since 2 years, never had to contact support before this :o

Only for new orders probably.

• I've had better success calling them than I've had submitting tickets.

• MrHMrH Member

@varwww said:

@wokenwoll said:

@FHR said:
    Will it be possible to upgrade existing VPS-SSD-1 to use the bigger storage?

No sorry. Since you are root and the storage is "attached" to the hardware host, it's quite complicated to automatize it.
    We plan to launch VPS-SSD managed during the quarter (LAMP/LEMP stack and managed OS) who will allow us to do it.

You will have to create a new one.

• varwwwvarwww Member

Someone from OVH contacted me here and escalated the ticket with 1 day response ETA. Hope it gets resolved.

Thanked by 1willie
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

LET - The ultimate support desk.

Slogan: We always let you down.

Thanked by 3willie TheKiller vovler
  • williewillie Member

Gonna close this due to topic drift. OVH support is a perennial subject here and new threads appear about it all the time, so no loss.

This discussion has been closed.