Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free reliable email providers that allow @yourdomain - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free reliable email providers that allow @yourdomain

Comments

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

soverin.net

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

How many accounts do you require? We can't offer free solution, but we can surely do something affordable.

• marvhmarvh Member

omg this this looks sketchy af.

• no google result
    • 80% of the website is "lorem impsum" text
    • random contact email
    • too good to be free
  • emghemgh Member

I wanted mail hosting, I didn’t want to pay but I didn’t want free crap. I solved it by finding out that a resonably good priced domain registrar that I would buy the domain for anyway was providing their hosted outlook mail with every domain. So check with your registrar. If not, see if you can find another registrar that does this.

Personally I haven’t found anything but I haven’t looked either. Mine’s Swedish.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

I don't know of any domain registrars with good free email. There are some that offer paid email (quality unknown) and some that offer crappy free email (lower quality than migadu free email in my opinion). I don't think there's such a thing as really good free email and I'd be suspicious of any offer that appeared to be that.

I'm using Fastmail which I consider very good, but it is expensive. Migadu is pretty good and has a free plan, but their free plan has significant limitations (PM me for a discount code if you want to try their paid plans, though they're not exactly cheap even after the discount). You could also consider something like mxroute, which is quite a bit less fancy than Fastmail and is never free, but it's ridiculously cheap, especially if you get one of their promo plans.

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member

exmail.qq.com was my alternative, but I've turned to g-suite for now.

• @rm_ said:
    Yandex has to store all your mail, including what you deleted, unencrypted for 6 months, and share with the Russian authorities even without any court order. And given how widespread corruption is in Russia, you should assume the circle of people able to peek into anyone's mailbox is rather large and is determined not by any law but by "connections" and the amount of money they're willing to spend.

And others don't store data or don't peek into the mailboxes? And other free email providers don't do this?

• williewillie Member

TheKiller said: And other free email providers don't do this?

The saying is that if you aren't the customer, you are the product.

• Yandex, more reviews than Zoho (close 2nd).

• erkinerkin Member

@willie said:

The saying is that if you aren't the customer, you are the product.

Very well said. Buy it if you do not want to get sold.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited June 2018

rm_ said: Yandex has to store all your mail, including what you deleted, unencrypted for 6 months, and share with the Russian authorities even without any court order. And given how widespread corruption is in Russia, you should assume the circle of people able to peek into anyone's mailbox is rather large and is determined not by any law but by "connections" and the amount of money they're willing to spend.

On the other hand, Google does not share your mails with anyone, nor does use your mailbox for targeting ads to you. I never got ads in my google search that were related with what I am receiving in my inbox or similar to a search i did a month ago [sarcasm]

• EdiEdi Member

Hey davenz ... from my own experience with both zoho and yandex, at this moment I’d recommend yandex ( although I’agree with @rm_ remarks concerning privacy).

I have an old account with ZOHO and works great.

Now, I have tried last month to setup a new account for a new domain and the problem is that POP/IMAP functionality is no longer available for free accounts. You can only access your mail account via webmail. Also email forwarding is no longer available with the free account. If you are Ok with webmail access only, I’d say ZOHO is a great option.

I’ve setup an account with YANDEX and works well, has IMAP/POP functionality. I do have privacy concerns (it’s Russia we are talking about), but then again is a free account as @wille pointed out, we are the merchandise here ... and I'm pretty sure ZOHO is mining our data one way or another.

You can also check out migadu.com and protonmail.com these are Swiss based email providers. There are some limitations regarding number of email boxes, space.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

willie said: The saying is that if you aren't the customer, you are the product.

SO true...

• I want to know how many account is required.

• @supriya123 said:
    I want to know how many account is required.

Why?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Use jarland mxroute 5 buck per year.. unlimited domain..

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Use jarland mxroute 5 buck per year.. unlimited domain..

$90/10y or Australia $10/1y, allother Promotions expired, isn't it?

• Edi said: migadu.com

Never heard of them before. They do seem rather interesting. Did you use their free plan? Any feedback?

• williewillie Member

Yes I used their free plan a little. It worked fine, and the web UI is different (rainloop based, I think). Their support was very responsive to some comments I made about the service at the time. That was a year or two ago when they were still pretty new, so I have no idea how they're doing now.

• defaultdefault Veteran

This is LET. Here it's beautiful to ask an offer of VPS, and setup your own e-mail server according to your needs.

• imokimok Member

@sibaper said:

@supriya123 said:
    I want to know how many account is required.

Why?

Weird comments starting.

• @ascicode said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Use jarland mxroute 5 buck per year.. unlimited domain..

$90/10y or Australia $10/1y, allother Promotions expired, isn't it?

the promo still available.. grab it fast.. 5 buck per year.. recurring..

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=61

• Not related to whether these allow your domain, and frankly I'm not invested enough to look; but as to 'all free email providers sell data, and/or examine your mail' I'm fairly sure that both free email providers I use, Tutanota ( German ) & ProtonMail (Swiss) [ Tutanota my regular mail ], which both provide Snowden levels of privacy & encryption, not only don't sell any user's data, but don't survey mail in the slightest.

I've never seen an ad on either.

It's a quite ridiculous assertion that all free providers don't provide as secure and private a service as commercial ones. And with GDPR both free and commercial ones will have to safeguard people's data much much more.

• VossVoss Member

Doesn't Protonmail have its fair share of security vulnerabilities that its customers conveniently forget?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Claverhouse said: It's a quite ridiculous assertion that all free providers don't provide as secure and private a service as commercial ones. And with GDPR both free and commercial ones will have to safeguard people's data much much more.

I'm not sure that GDPR disallows automated scanning of email contents, such as Gmail and others practice. I thought that the main reason for paying for a mail service is so that nothing will scan one's email contents -- so that one will no longer be a target for advertisers via one's emails.

• EdiEdi Member

@datanoise said:

Edi said: migadu.com

Never heard of them before. They do seem rather interesting. Did you use their free plan? Any feedback?

@datanoise - Used it just a little bit for a short period of time (1 week, this January) and worked well (no email sent to spam). I've used it too little to be able to give you a comprehensive feedback on it.

I didn't like the "signature" that gets added to the email, but this thing was clearly stated on their website along with all other limits :

"The free plan supports one email domain, unlimited number of mailboxes, 1 Gigabyte of email storage and 10 outgoing messages per day which include a discreet signature "Sent via Migadu" at the bottom of each message. "

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @angstrom said:

@Claverhouse said: It's a quite ridiculous assertion that all free providers don't provide as secure and private a service as commercial ones. And with GDPR both free and commercial ones will have to safeguard people's data much much more.

I'm not sure that GDPR disallows automated scanning of email contents, such as Gmail and others practice. I thought that the main reason for paying for a mail service is so that nothing will scan one's email contents -- so that one will no longer be a target for advertisers via one's emails.

With Tutanota, whether paid or free, all emails are by default fully encrypted to and from everywhere. Obviously one has to arrange the recipient, so I generally turn it off.

And I've never had advertisers with Tutanota --- I've generally had more ad spam from Whois than from any email provider.

And of course ICANN/Whois is going into free fall from the GDPR.

The Register: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/01/whats_next_for_whois_and_icann/?page=1

• Edi said: which include a discreet signature "Sent via Migadu"

That's annoying for sure. But I guess it's better to be a free advertiser than a product; it makes more sense providing a free service with that kind of condition.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Claverhouse said:

@angstrom said:

With Tutanota, whether paid or free, all emails are by default fully encrypted to and from everywhere. Obviously one has to arrange the recipient, so I generally turn it off.

And I've never had advertisers with Tutanota --- I've generally had more ad spam from Whois than from any email provider.

Was just saying that as far as I know, the GDPR doesn't protect against mailbox scanning, which is the main reason to pay for a mail service.

The sending and receiving of email over an encrypted connection (if possible) is something that all of the free mail providers now offer, so this is no longer a distinguishing point. It's rather whether one's mailbox is scanned or not.

As I understand it, Protonmail in addition offers encryption of one's mailbox, so they can't scan or read one's mailbox even if they were asked to.

Don't know anything about Tutanota -- will take a look.

• Tutanota too: "We as one of the few mail providers can't even read them"
    https://tutanota.com/

“We cannot deliver the emails [to governments] because we cannot read them,” he adds.

And according to wikipedia: premium paid * accounts can have their own domain
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutanota

• ( 12 euros a year )