Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud very unstable! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud very unstable!

124»

Comments

• @lukehebb said:

desperand said: I want a virtual private server which works 24/7/365 without issues

Lol

desperand said: expected from them: 24/7/365 availability without issues and performance degradation.

Also lol

You're never going to find a provider that has never ever ever encountered downtime. Hetzner has a great reputation, and someone who I trust after using them over the past few years. This was a brand new product when most issues were encountered, so was to be expected. Hetzner were always open and honest about this in any communications I've received.

I've had VMs running for months and months that haven't gone down. Everything performs beautifully as I'd expect. Better yet, their boot disk is running on Ceph so even if the hardware goes down my VM is fine and boots up somewhere else. Can't ask for more at this price point.

I stopped caring what you said after your first lol. If that isn't what you WANT, then your wants are shitty and that's on you. But it's reasonable to WANT $ANYTHING to work 24/7/365. Why the fuck not?(actually, people who make money fixing problems don't want things working 24/7/365).

It's different to question expectations.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited March 2019

Well, interesting claims around here.
    So far, I had no issues at all - CX21 in production for 14 months now, no downtime or strange hiccups. Same for a CX11 (3 month until now) and another CX11 and CX21-CEPH (both 6 months until now). All of them spread over their different data centers.
    Also VMs that I spun up for short tests worked fine, maybe I was just lucky! ;)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • I ran a couple Hetzner spin-ups after they were initially offered, as the price was right- and why not? I ended up going to NetCup just because the CPU and network were stronger at the time, and they couldn't touch the pricing.

• willie said: 'd like to see some logs/traceroutes/ticket screenshots/etc from @desperand regarding all those alleged Hetzner outages, because it's mighty strange that nobody else seems to have been experience. Otherwise it looks like the usual crap we see when someone shows up trashing a provider without evidence.

wew. I like your idea: Instead of using some service I suppose making screenshots, catching each issue happen in my daily routine just to make people like you happy while having discussions on LET? That's a nice idea tbh. Usually, if some provider let me down, I just move all data from the provider without trying to figure it out, because when problems occur often and you don’t have critical services (applications) that work there, it’s easier to just go to another provider than to prove something or trying with support to solve it. After all, it is good that there is a choice where to move data. For example to providers which rock solid and works without issues.

because it's mighty strange that nobody else seems to have been experiencing.

I respect your protectorship of the Hetzner. It's nice to see.
    But I write only about my experience, and I do not know anything about an experience for these "nobody else (all)". And you do not know either too.

TimboJones said: I stopped caring what you said after your first lol. If that isn't what you WANT, then your wants are shitty and that's on you.

You sound offensive. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, do not need to quote me then and saying how you do not care and what I write. Again, re-read my posts. If someone has a good experience - it's true too. I have a negative experience with them. And the Hetzner Cloud very big provider with many users. If people do not understand, when someone is writing about his own subjective opinion about something, based on his own experience - it's the problem of such people, for example like you. Calm down.

• Please turn your right to 2019 and your left to 2018.
    In 2019, you can find people complaining about a 2€ VPS not having a 100% uptime.
    In 2018, you can find people complaining about a 2€ VPS not having a 100% uptime.
    In 2020, we expect to find people complaining about a 1€ VPS not having a 110% uptime.
    Welcome to XXI century.

• @TimboJones said:

@lukehebb said:

desperand said: I want a virtual private server which works 24/7/365 without issues

Lol

desperand said: expected from them: 24/7/365 availability without issues and performance degradation.

Also lol

You're never going to find a provider that has never ever ever encountered downtime. Hetzner has a great reputation, and someone who I trust after using them over the past few years. This was a brand new product when most issues were encountered, so was to be expected. Hetzner were always open and honest about this in any communications I've received.

I've had VMs running for months and months that haven't gone down. Everything performs beautifully as I'd expect. Better yet, their boot disk is running on Ceph so even if the hardware goes down my VM is fine and boots up somewhere else. Can't ask for more at this price point.

I stopped caring what you said after your first lol. If that isn't what you WANT, then your wants are shitty and that's on you. But it's reasonable to WANT $ANYTHING to work 24/7/365. Why the fuck not?(actually, people who make money fixing problems don't want things working 24/7/365).

It's different to question expectations.

lol

• @desperand said:

willie said: 'd like to see some logs/traceroutes/ticket screenshots/etc from @desperand regarding all those alleged Hetzner outages, because it's mighty strange that nobody else seems to have been experience. Otherwise it looks like the usual crap we see when someone shows up trashing a provider without evidence.

wew. I like your idea: Instead of using some service I suppose making screenshots, catching each issue happen in my daily routine just to make people like you happy while having discussions on LET? That's a nice idea tbh. Usually, if some provider let me down, I just move all data from the provider without trying to figure it out, because when problems occur often and you don’t have critical services (applications) that work there, it’s easier to just go to another provider than to prove something or trying with support to solve it. After all, it is good that there is a choice where to move data. For example to providers which rock solid and works without issues.

because it's mighty strange that nobody else seems to have been experiencing.

I respect your protectorship of the Hetzner. It's nice to see.
    But I write only about my experience, and I do not know anything about an experience for these "nobody else (all)". And you do not know either too.

TimboJones said: I stopped caring what you said after your first lol. If that isn't what you WANT, then your wants are shitty and that's on you.

You sound offensive. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, do not need to quote me then and saying how you do not care and what I write. Again, re-read my posts. If someone has a good experience - it's true too. I have a negative experience with them. And the Hetzner Cloud very big provider with many users. If people do not understand, when someone is writing about his own subjective opinion about something, based on his own experience - it's the problem of such people, for example like you. Calm down.

Oh dude, you fucked up. I wasn't replying to you in my previous post. You misread (you can blame the forum). You also misread my point, which is that I agreed with you, we should all want 24/7/365 operation. Regardless if it was $2 or not. People who think it's acceptable to have an unusable VPS just because it was dirt cheap can fuck off.

• TimboJones said: People who think it's acceptable to have an unusable VPS just because it was dirt cheap can fuck off.

I don't think anyone here has said this.

• @DrCornFlakes said:
    Please turn your right to 2019 and your left to 2018.
    In 2019, you can find people complaining about a 2€ VPS not having a 100% uptime.
    In 2018, you can find people complaining about a 2€ VPS not having a 100% uptime.
    In 2020, we expect to find people complaining about a 1€ VPS not having a 110% uptime.
    Welcome to XXI century.

1€/yearly
    110% uptime
    ticket response time 0,2 ms

• @graphic said:

@DrCornFlakes said:
    Please turn your right to 2019 and your left to 2018.
    Welcome to XXI century.

1€/yearly
    110% uptime
    ticket response time 0,2 ms

I won't pay more than 0.666€.

• @lukehebb said:

TimboJones said: People who think it's acceptable to have an unusable VPS just because it was dirt cheap can fuck off.

I don't think anyone here has said this.

It's said all the time. Like expecting one week support responses, days long outages, no outage updates, etc.

• Gosh, this thread is so hot that I now crave to test drive CX11 :)

• WolfWolf Member

@JohnFilch123 said:
    Gosh, this thread is so hot that I now crave to test drive CX11 :)

Thanks for the pointless necro. Spam much? PostCount collector?

• Wolf said: Spam much? PostCount collector?

My guess: strong love for poetry.

Thanked by 2Wolf JohnFilch123
  • I've had processes running on Hetzner cloud untouched for 3 months, haven't even SSHd into the machine for 3 months and there have been 0 problems for me.

CX21

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL v3ng
  • Mods, please change the title of the topic. This is an incorrect title and works against Hetzner because LET very well crawled and positioned in the google if write "hetzner" (without login into google account).

Hetzner pretty okay provider.

• @uptime said:
    @eol is nigh

@eol is missing in action...

Thanked by 1uptime