Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Dedicated Server Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK Dedicated Server Provider

hexukhexuk Member
edited May 2018 in General

Looking for a UK based dedicated server provider who can help our growing company with dedicated servers. Currently with a UK based host but the response time is crap for any requests. Need some recommendations please.

UK based, no startups (reputable companies only) and relatively decent support times e.g. doesn't take 24 hours+ to respond to a message.

Comments

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Check out Zare.com

Thanked by 1Zare
  • hexukhexuk Member

@nik said:
    Check out Zare.com

Not a fan of them to be honest.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@hexuk said:

@nik said:
    Check out Zare.com

What's the reason?

• hexukhexuk Member

@nik said:

@hexuk said:

@nik said:
    Check out Zare.com

What's the reason?

Closure of Bristol DC, increased prices, takes longer than 24 hours to receive a response at times.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @hexuk said:

@nik said:

@hexuk said:

@nik said:
    Check out Zare.com

What's the reason?

Closure of Bristol DC, increased prices, takes longer than 24 hours to receive a response at times.

That's Zare.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

hexuk said: Closure of Bristol DC

That explains the lack of bristol pricing on their site...

• jhjh Member

Clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

On this forum only Zare and Clouvider from the UK :-)

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

We're in London as well, but not UK based...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thank you all for the very kind words :).

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

We stopped accepting orders in Bristol some weeks back now.

But yes, to confirm our Bristol site is closing down for servers and is being expanded for office space.

All servers in Bristol are scheduled to be relocated to our primary London based hosting site in the middle of June.

There were many factors behind us deciding to do this, the main ones being increased costs, and us wanting to provide better connectivity resiliency to servers in Bristol. In the end the best available option to us was to relocated the servers in Bristol to London. And with 75-80% of our business already being done in London it seemed prudent.

Going forward all those servers will benefit from A+B power to each rack, 3ms lower latency than before and have ample bandwidth & room to expand.

Aside from that we've got lots of other exiting things in the pipeline which I'm sure you'll hear more about over the next couple of months :)

@hexuk - I'd like a quick chat if you wouldn't mind? Please send over a DM when you get a chance, or feel free to ping me an email [email protected]

Anyway! Hope that clears up any questions or confusion in the meantime.

edited May 2018

Wasn’t your lack of resiliency (again?) in the design of your network one of the primary factors influencing this ? After all your own status page mentioned a scheduled downtime for the (almost?) entire day not too long ago.

How can you say you have exciting things planned and spin it positively when such complete failure has been designed, approved and deployed into the core of your network ?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Zare said:
    We stopped accepting orders in Bristol some weeks back now.

But yes, to confirm our Bristol site is closing down for servers and is being expanded for office space.

All servers in Bristol are scheduled to be relocated to our primary London based hosting site in the middle of June.

There were many factors behind us deciding to do this, the main ones being increased costs, and us wanting to provide better connectivity resiliency to servers in Bristol. In the end the best available option to us was to relocated the servers in Bristol to London. And with 75-80% of our business already being done in London it seemed prudent.

Going forward all those servers will benefit from A+B power to each rack, 3ms lower latency than before and have ample bandwidth & room to expand.

Aside from that we've got lots of other exiting things in the pipeline which I'm sure you'll hear more about over the next couple of months :)

@hexuk - I'd like a quick chat if you wouldn't mind? Please send over a DM when you get a chance, or feel free to ping me an email [email protected]

Anyway! Hope that clears up any questions or confusion in the meantime.

Increased costs...? Maybe you shouldnt price match your competitors but instead focusing on keeping your infrastructure. Dont take it personally tho. But increased costs is a stupid excuse to close the location taking in account that you guarantee not only to price match other providers in the uk but to actually do it cheaper.

edited May 2018

Hi Mike,

I should clarify the main factor wasn't increased costs, it was but one of many reasons we had (and when I say increased costs we're talking ~18% increase in power only).

The main reason was in-fact us wanting to provide greater resiliency when it came to connectivity. And when we had an internal discussion about having both London and Bristol sites running, we eventually came to the conclusion that long term it would have no benefit to neither our customers, nor us to continue running Bristol.

For our future and current needs it made more sense to have them in one location. We weren't offering the same spec servers in both locations, so now we have our London site offering our full lineup. And thus far the response seems overwhelming positive that we've chosen to relocate these servers to our London site because of the advantages it offers.

In Bristol we were quite restricted in terms of power and connectivity, and even floor space to a certain degree for future expansion. And looking long term we simply wouldn't be able to match the level of service we provide in London currently for Bristol, nor maintain the same sort of operational costs per server.

Edit: I should also probably mention that just because the site will be closing down for servers, it doesn't mean that those customers we'll be left abandoned or forced to move to different hardware or IP addresses in our London site. We're physically relocating all servers from Bristol to London. And because Bristol is still connected to our core network in London all IP addresses that were used in Bristol will remain the same once re-located to London.

Hope this helped!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

"Paying less for your hosting elsewhere? Challenge us to beat your existing pricing by emailing [email protected]"

Does just UK apply or any other location?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Zare said:
    Hi Mike,

I should clarify the main factor wasn't increased costs, it was but one of many reasons we had (and when I say increased costs we're talking ~18% increase in power only).

The main reason was in-fact us wanting to provide greater resiliency when it came to connectivity. And when we had an internal discussion about having both London and Bristol sites running, we eventually came to the conclusion that long term it would have no benefit to neither our customers, nor us to continue running Bristol.

For our future and current needs it made more sense to have them in one location. We weren't offering the same spec servers in both locations, so now we have our London site offering our full lineup. And thus far the response seems overwhelming positive that we've chosen to relocate these servers to our London site because of the advantages it offers.

In Bristol we were quite restricted in terms of power and connectivity, and even floor space to a certain degree for future expansion. And looking long term we simply wouldn't be able to match the level of service we provide in London currently for Bristol, nor maintain the same sort of operational costs per server.

Hope this helped!

Makes sense, thank you. I appreciate your explanation and understand that sometimes its just better to consolidate and focus on a location then do it in more locations and end up with not being worth and not as good than your main location. It was a business decision, those surely take its take to make.

Hopefully you guys will migrate your clients with minimal downtime and organized accordingly. Its a hassle and lots of man power needed.

Thanked by 1Zare

Hi Neoon,

It's supposed to be "like for like" effectively in terms of the server spec and location.

edited May 2018

And looking long term we simply wouldn't be able to match the level of service we provide in London currently for Bristol, nor maintain the same sort of operational costs per server.

Does it imply that short term London has the same level of resiliency as Bristol that might require a whole day planned outage, from time to time ?

It's supposed to be "like for like" effectively in terms of the server spec and location.

But can you match like for like with this design ? Or you just match roughly the price and server parameters, not really the critical infrastructure behind the scenes ?

• dynamodynamo Member

@Clouvider said:

And looking long term we simply wouldn't be able to match the level of service we provide in London currently for Bristol, nor maintain the same sort of operational costs per server.

Does it imply that short term London has the same level of resiliency as Bristol that might require a whole day planned outage, from time to time ?

But can you match like for like with this design ? Or you just match roughly the price and server parameters, not really the critical infrastructure behind the scenes ?

DISGUSTING.

Just yesterday you were unnecessarily picking on zare in another UK server related thread and left it when I pointed it out. And here you are at it again. Kudos to zare and all other providers that you target for their patience while dealing with this relentless and shameless bullying.

• mkshmksh Member

@Zare said:
    send over a DM when you get a chance

Please use PM like everyone else. DM means death match.

@dynamo said:

@Clouvider said:

DISGUSTING.

Just yesterday you were unnecessarily picking on zare in another UK server related thread and left it when I pointed it out. And here you are at it again. Kudos to zare and all other providers that you target for their patience while dealing with this relentless and shameless bullying.

To be fair, he replied to that comment.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: Does it imply that short term London has the same level of resiliency as Bristol that might require a whole day planned outage, from time to time ?

Can you please tell us all what is your problem ?

Thanked by 5letbox v3ng Zare limited FHR
  • caracalcaracal Member

Is this thread gonna be off topic soon?

edited May 2018

I’m confused, any of this is untrue ? I understand you’re protecting your favourite here or simply doesn’t like us, but please remain objective.

Credit when credit is due but in this case it’s really not.

• @caracal said:
    Is this thread gonna be off topic soon?

Yes Yes Yes

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Clouvider said: I’m confused, any of this is untrue ?

That is besides the point. It is simply not good business etiquette to bash other providers, ESPECIALLY competitors in the same location/market.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@Clouvider said:
    I’m confused, any of this is untrue ? I

True or not sorry it’s not up to you.

edited May 2018

@drserver said:

Clouvider said: Does it imply that short term London has the same level of resiliency as Bristol that might require a whole day planned outage, from time to time ?

Can you please tell us all what is your problem ?

Low standards, cutting corners, while pretending comparable standards while making an offer. Starting the race to the bottom while at it.

• WeblogicsWeblogics Member
    edited May 2018

Another day, and Clouvider bashing another provider. Although he claims to be a leading UK provider, he sure worries about the competition in the LE market. Maybe his company is not a leading as he implies it to be...