Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | KVM | Native IPv6 | $4=1GB | $6=2GB | Special Yearly Offers Included!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | KVM | Native IPv6 | $4=1GB | $6=2GB | Special Yearly Offers Included!

MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
edited October 2013 in Offers

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and now OpenVZ and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Exclusive LET Offers

Plan Name: LET-OCT-1GB-25GB-500GB

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 1024 MB

Swap: 1024 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 25 GB

Premium Transfer: 500 GB

IP Space: 1 IPv4 + 5 IPv6

CPU Cores: 4

Monthly Cost: $4

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=49

Plan Name: LET-OCT-2GB-50GB-1000GB

Guaranteed RAM: 2048 MB

Swap: 2048 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 50 GB

Premium Transfer: 1000 GB

Monthly Cost: $6

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=50

Plan Name: LET-OCT-1GB-50GB-1000GB

Guaranteed RAM: 1024 MB

Swap: 1024 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 50 GB

Premium Transfer: 1000 GB

Yearly Cost: $48

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=51

Plan Name: LET-OCT-256MB-10GB-250GB

Guaranteed RAM: 256 MB

Swap: 256 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 250 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Yearly Cost: $15

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=52

Deal Sweetener

KVM VPS purchased in CA will get 2x IPv4 for free (ARIN justification required)

Open a ticket after purchase and reference this thread for your second IPv4!

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

We offer two KVM locations, one in Montreal and the other in North Carolina.

Our KVM VPS are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Our KVM VPS are hosted in Lenoir, North Carolina at the Dacentec facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

North Carolina KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Comments

• am I allowed to video encode?

• It wouldn't be worthwhile, you will probably be suspended for CPU abuse.

• @MCHPhil oh shooot.. nice offer. hoping there's a LA location in the future :(

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • FoShizzFoShizz Member
    edited October 2013

Do you allow torrents at the canada location or personal VPN's?

• @FoShizz said:
    Do you allow torrents at the canada location or personal VPN's?

Legal torrents are fine.. Personal VPN's are also acceptable!

• Can do custom plan?

• @budi1413 said:
    Can do custom plan?

Why not open a ticket to find out :D

• @budi1413 said:
    Can do custom plan?

Looking at their name, it would be funny if they can't do that. :P

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2013

I don't think I've turned down one legit offer yet :D

--

Deal Sweetener

KVM VPS purchased in CA will get 2x IPv4 for free (ARIN justification required)

Open a ticket after purchase and reference this thread for your second IPv4!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited October 2013

MCHPhill does make custom deals. I have two custom KVM setups with MyCustomHosting, one in Montreal and another in NC. I have been very happy with the flexibility, speed, and reliability of both.

New benchmark for Montreal - http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/10/08/qzYrXE1CPweqwIB7

Benchmark for Lenoir,NC - http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/09/27/24BPAb97yq0t3mFs

The Montreal Node is a real screamer, and NC Node has had a very reliable network (perfect). Both Nodes have had fast, consistent I/O speeds. The ticket response time is excellent and knowledgeable.

I am also looking forward to a new node in LA... Christmas present?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Can I upload and use my own ISO?

• @catding said:
    Can I upload and use my own ISO?

No, but staff will do it for you.

• @MCHPhil said:
    Why not open a ticket to find out :D

I will. :D

• @DalComp said:
    Looking at their name, it would be funny if they can't do that. :P

Haha, that make sense.

• I've used the services of over 50 VPS providers and quite simply this is the worst of the bunch. Misconfigured and terrible support.

• @ricardo said:
    I've used the services of over 50 VPS providers and quite simply this is the worst of the bunch. Misconfigured and terrible support.

I assume your the person I'm assisting now.

I'll shed some light on this situation. Customer purchased a self managed VPS without the know how to managed said VPS. Customer was given link to article explaining how he needed to setup the network connection on his VPS and he read half of it I guess. In the end because he expects me to hold his hand after he makes threats to post "bad reviews" on multiple forums (classy) and also chargeback after I insisted he request a refund/cancellation.

• If you're going to resort to mud slinging I can simply provide a screenshot of my support ticket.

I don't require any hand holding at all as I have 50+ VPS accounts and often when I've signed up to services there's been a misconfiguration in IP assignment... happens quite a lot actually. From the get go your attitude was "not my fault, you must be incapable".

You're also implying something about my character by giving you a bad review. It's quite simple, I've used plenty providers and yours has been the worst.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2013

I'll take care of the screenshot for you. :)

http://imgur.com/D0Pcu3E

From the error messages you provided it was easy to see you weren't adding the routes. If you can't follow instructions when they are provided I'm unsure how to assist you other than logging into your VPS and making the changes for you. You paid $15 a year for the VPS. You can't expect ANY management at this price. If you do we are not a good fit. I asked you to provide me the output of two commands and you never did. It's ok if you don't understand how to do something but acting like your the know all god send will not get you far with me.

I tried to help and you refused to provide ifconfig / route output.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

Indeed, thanks. The most amusing part for me is that it took you all of 2 minutes to suggest a cancellation after your initial response saying "please provide more information".

You're obviously very determined to give zero support. I know it's cheap and I only contact support when something is out of my control. It's almost an insult to intelligence to suggest that "I didnt provide the screenshot so therefore I cannot help", I stated in the thread that I followed the instructions within the link you provided, vis-a-vis what was on the instruction page was in my /etc/network/interface config.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2013

It looks like I asked you to provide the output of those commands on Tuesday, Oct. 8th at 12:54 and then requested you to cancel on.... Thursday, Oct. 10th at 11:09. What do I know about time though.

• yes, clearly you don't. 11:06 "i followed the instructions precisely from your link"... 11:09 "please request cancellation".

you couldn't make it up... it's plain there to see.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2013

If your not going to provide the output of two commands then I need you to cancel. You didn't provide the output of those two commands... Pretty simple buddy. I'm not going to hold your hand.

You provided no information other than "it's not working"... lol I'm done replying now. Have a good day.

• clearly you don't read very well, I'm pretty sure I already mentioned when to use "you are", just an hour ago :o)

• I went through something like this with @MCHPhil too. Main problem is that host have issues with their DC and because that offer service with flaws expecting from clients to work on them all the time.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2013

I expect clients to know how to add routes and manage their service, yes.

There are no flaws with the service or DC. If your unable to manage your own VPS than this service is not correct for you. It is WELL known that OVH has strange network requirements and I provided you with instructions on complying.

• Yeah, clearly he'd rather imply his customers don't know what they're doing rather than verify whether that's true or not. He seems to think that just because he's selling his service cheap that clients don't deserve a few minutes of his time. Like I say, poor service, avoid.

• Did you provide output of ifconfig or route? If there was an issue on my end and you provided that information I could have checked. But yeah once again you can't follow simple instructions. At this time your refund has been denied for abuse reasons. Good day sir.

• That's comedy gold. I'll deal with Paypal then.

• GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited October 2013

@MCHPhil when did you last time try to reinstall VPS from ISO without connectivity instead template? Some your ISOs will let you though with minimal install some won't. Maybe you're the one who should stick with offering OpenVZ instead suggesting it to your clients.

• @GuanYu said:
    MCHPhil when did you last time try to reinstall VPS from ISO without connectivity instead template? Some your ISOs will let you though with minimal install some won't. Maybe you're the one who should stick with offering OpenVZ instead suggesting it to your clients.

I have no problem, I switch to a terminal window and add routes. Pretty simple once again.