Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hubic - the worst cloud storage ever - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hubic - the worst cloud storage ever

2»

Comments

• I miss Amazon Drive unlimited.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited July 2018

@graphic said:
    I miss Amazon Drive unlimited.

If not worse, it was at least on par with this Hubic... thing.

• DamianDamian Member

Capped since mid-2016 it seems: travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=17305

• squibssquibs Member

Anything to be said for iDrive? Currently 2Tb for $52/year.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

TheKiller said: 1TB = 200rub ~ 3 usd

Hm, I was sent to an English site, $10/m ...

Thanked by 1softxnews
  • that_guythat_guy Member
    edited July 2018

@Quicky said:
    Hello,

Hubic closed new registration. Whaqt other options are there for similiar pride/storage?

Thanks

Check out 1fichier.com!

-run their own fast AS (AS198792, https://1fichier.com/network.html), and are owned by some business bulk storage company
    -FTP upload, remote upload
    -let you create file locker style downloadlinks and normal direct/hot links (whose traffic is substracted from your "CDN credits". The 100GB CDN credits per month roll over to the next months, I have ~1300GB now)
    -100TB space ("Unlimited hot storage. Cold storage up to 100TB" <- whatever that means. Just stay under 100TB)
    -30€/year, and sometimes they offer it for 10€

IMHO they beat the shit out of hubic in every way.
    3 little cons:
    1. the supported payment methods
    2. AFAIK they don't have a mobile app if smartphonephotobackups n shit are your thing
    3. rclone doesn't support it (but uploads can be automated via FTP, and downloads via various downloadmanagers who support 1fichier OR any DLmanager in combination with direct links ("CDN"))

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • 1fichier limits your account once you reach ~ 30TB. There is nothing like "unlimited storage".