Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb: Weird billing practice - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb: Weird billing practice

1235»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2018

In my eyes, the customer is always wrong.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@elos42 said:
    End of the day, I'm sure next time, some of the 1000 or so people who read this will be aware that when they are actually ordering a VPS for testing from leaseweb, they'll be paying twice, once up front and once after a few days more.

Worth the drama, don't you think?

Thanks for explaining your motivation. You wanted to smear Leaseweb and create as much damage to them as possible.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What he isn't aware of is that he has actually been advertising for them.

Attempted smear on a host = more sales on LET.

• CoreyCorey Member

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@Corey said:
    15 years of buying vps'es and you want to compare everyone elses billing practices to digital ocean... hmmm

I don't think that is unreasonable. DO came out of nowhere to be one of the biggest VPS providers in the world for a reason. Simple interface, simple terms, simple billing. Now you see everyone else trying to play catchup and do the same thing even though it seems like common sense now. So DO has changed peoples expectations.

How hourly is more simple than monthly I will never understand. It brings a whole 'nother level of complication especially when you need more than one container. So IMO simple:no, flexible: yes. DO was not the first to introduce hourly billing.

• edited May 2018

@deank said:
    What he isn't aware of is that he has actually been advertising for them.

Attempted smear on a host = more sales on LET.

LeaseWeb isn't catering to LET type people with their prices.