Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leapswitch New Server Shipment - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leapswitch New Server Shipment

2»

Comments

• @Fliphost said:
    earl $7

lol,no wonder vps's are cheap these days..

• @rds100 said:
    leapswitch it was less than 500Mbps, but high PPS (small packets).

It's better than Vyatta? And for the price you can't whinge. Even the 10G port edition is cheap.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

I think it is way better than vyatta on comparable hardware, but you should know that you can throw lot more power to vyatta so it can scale better unless you mean the hardware version. Our usual DDoSes are peaking below 1 mil pps, rare ones go above 3 mil, I hope it will cope and we will do some kind of autonull too, besides the fact they are 2 and we will have redundancy.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited October 2013

@Maounique said:
    I think it is way better than vyatta on comparable hardware, but you should know that you can throw lot more power to vyatta so it can scale better unless you mean the hardware version. Our usual DDoSes are peaking below 1 mil pps, rare ones go above 3 mil, I hope it will cope and we will do some kind of autonull too, besides the fact they are 2 and we will have redundancy.

Is this in their India DC by any chance? Quite interesting.

Throwing hardware @ Vyatta makes it expensive = pointless.