Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceled my Online.net server and starting bailiff !!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Canceled my Online.net server and starting bailiff !!

Hey everyone ,

2 month ago i cancelled my 2 dedicated server and all services related before the 20th

(i opened here the ticket about issue doing it manually)

everything went fine after i opened ticket (not manually)

today i received online.net

"that 3.98 euro bill of (Failover IP Address) which i already cancelled while canceling my dedicated server and telling me that therefore they termintated service (which i already did 2 month ago) and started the collection of your unpaid bills (3.98 euro) by baillif !!

LOL what a great company !! , same as their rubbish network

what a nightmare company after i lost all my data while i was in Raid backup

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

how about you pay your bills.

• TomzTomz Member

pay for something i cancelled 2 months ago ?

• I lost millions!!!! REEEEEeeee

Rais doesn't ensure that you dont loose your data.

• pay and just move on.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

I think you cancelled the server not the failover IP, they are independent products.

If you did cancel the failover IP (must be done separate) you will have an email confirming that, please post here it if you feel I am wrong.

Otherwise, just say.. oops, and pay it.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • TomzTomz Member
    edited April 2018

i will not pay for something i did cancelled and not using it , i had all services terminated in red !!

this is called a thief company

i will post it over all the online forum so people can know the truth behind that campany

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

just post the confirmation email.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • TomzTomz Member

of course i received the confirmation of termination

• emghemgh Member

@Tomz said:
    i will not pay for something i did cancelled and not using it , i had all services terminated in red !!

this is called a thief company

i will post it over all the online forum so people can know the truth behind that campany

It dosen't matter if you used it or not, they had it assigned to you and you didn't cancel it. Post this as much as you want, however, everyone that knows what this is about will just repeat what we have said: you cancelled the services, not the failover. Cancel & pay.

• emghemgh Member

@Tomz said:

So post it.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2018

In before "toxic community" remark and ragequit followed by mild DDoS on LET.

Lovely.

Thanked by 3FHR Falzo netomx
  • TomTom Member

Had the same sort of thing. Cancelled a server and month later got a failover IP bill for 2 euro.

Turns out failover IPs are post-paid, so they're correct to bill you.

• TomzTomz Member

@emgh said:

@Tomz said:

So post it.

i have it as proof

if online team member is here i can forward him to it

otherwise i have all termination mail incase ...

• emghemgh Member

@Tomz said:

@emgh said:

@Tomz said:

So post it.

i have it as proof

So post it.

We are all admins of LET. I am in charge of LET apocalypse team.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Tomz said:

@emgh said:

@Tomz said:

So post it.

i have it as proof

If you are unsure to post it publicly, PM to one of the mods. That should put this matter to rest.

• emghemgh Member

@saibal said:

@Tomz said:

@emgh said:

@Tomz said:

So post it.

i have it as proof

If you are unsure to post it publicly, PM to one of the mods. That should put this matter to rest.

Or just blur any details.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@hzr said:
    how about you pay your bills.

All this over 3.98 that he will pay anyway. Or it will rise to a couple grand by the time collector fees add up over time and it goes to court.

What a waste of time.

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • LeeLee Veteran

Tomz said: i have it as proof

All you have is proof you cancelled servers, not the IP which you have been told is cancelled independently, you hopefully understand why the two require different processes to cancel.

• FennecFoxFennecFox Member
    edited April 2018

what a nightmare company making users pay what they owe, diabolical. I'm sure you can pay 3.98 deal with it and move on. also, I'm sure you probably would have been warned before they took the time to begin bailiff procedures.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • TomzTomz Member
    edited April 2018

@Lee said:

All you have is proof you cancelled servers, not the IP which you have been told is cancelled independently, you hopefully understand why the two require different processes to cancel.
    @Lee said:

Nope i have the received termination email come with all listed server ip including failover ip... like i did...

i had servers with them over 30 months... so i know i'm sure i terminated all services and relating failover... when u click on account services , all dedicated servers and failover ips are terminated in red... unless i'm colour blindness !!!

• @Tomz said: Nope i have the received termination email come with all listed server ip including failover ip... like i did...

Rather than just repeating yourself, why don't you post screenshots of the termination emails here or PM them to the mods?

• ignore the "bailiff" bs they cannot send any bailiff before court order etc.

• hzrhzr Member

why have you not posted anything yet

• Because magically his emails have disappeared ;-)

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@saibal said:
    Because magically his emails have disappeared ;-)

Probably hosted on his "RAID backup"

• so much drama over 4 euros, really

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@TarZZ92 said:
    ignore the "bailiff" bs they cannot send any bailiff before court order etc.

It's a great advice. They secrently want it. Every call they make to him, every letter they send. Every enquiry they make this is all at the expense of the debtor, perfectly legal and very much in accordance with the contract the OP willingly signed.

So yeah, ignore them, you can do so for some time, up until the time when the OP racks such debt level through the collection process alone that it gets right to the court (with proceedings at the expense of the debtor naturally) at this point the only recourse is whether you pay at the door when high court enforcement arrives or they wheel your car away. So yeah, ignore and pretend nothing is going on is the best advise here.

• TomzTomz Member

lol why i should lie ? if they had bug issue , it's not my problem

here is one proof of failover termination