Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sparkpost, Send Grid or SES - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sparkpost, Send Grid or SES

2»

Comments

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

I've been trialing out PostMark, Inbox to Outlook within 2 secs on first try. I'll keep playing around with this.

Wasnt a fan of SES's UI, we'll lack of UI.

EDIT: It aint cheap lol

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Been using Mailgun for about 5 years now, been great for us. We recommend it to our clients.

Prime example one of our clients has a shared IP, noisy senders on the shared IP caused it to be blacklisted. We contacted support, they swapped the IP to a different one within an hour.

The best thing we can send 50,000 Emails a month for free as we were a rackspace customer.

Been an excellent service for us, we haven't noticed many of our emails going into spam.

• DylanDylan Member

Jamie_DreamIT said: EDIT: It aint cheap lol

Yeah, Postmark's competing with dedicated IP plans at other providers. If you're comparing it to regular shared IPs and can deal with the occasional deliverability blip you get with those, it's not worth it.

• zormal said: Compliant, yes, but... as far as I understand the regulations, one needs to disclose transfer or personal data (including emails) to countries outside EU.

Amazon SES is offered in Ireland.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

MailChannels will also be GDPR compliant. There is a Dedicated EU relay as well.
    No delivery issues reported. Granted that a few false positives may happen. Just like with any other provider.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

mailchannel is not targeted to send business email . It is usually provided as outbound spam filtering solution for webshosts

• +1 for mailgun

• TomTom Member

Sending a couple hundred a day with SES, no problem at all

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

Thought it would be nice to give you guys an update of what I’ve managed to research so far.

PostMark: Works 10/10, sends emails within 1-2 seconds with perfect email deliverbility. Only con is the pricing is very $$$. The way the authentication is configured by setting up a return path domain is genius as there can be no issues with SPF, DKIM or DMARC. Also the app on iOS is really smooth and full of detailed information.

SendGrid: Didnt get very far, had issues with SPF conflicting with G Suite and other internal mailers. This could have been avoided if I setup a SPF A record.

SparkPost: Worked Great but not to Outlook. It has a great interface and the pricing is top notch. Only reason why I didn’t use it as email delivery is vital and didn’t have enough volume to justify the dedicated IP, I might look into this again once volume grows.

SES: Works better than SG and SP, pricing is unbeatable. I had issues with SES only allowing xx amount of emails per second, WHMCS sometimes sends a high number of emails in a second (email marketer), SES drops the emails rather than queueing. I like the idea of using extra tools such as Sendy.

I didn’t bother checking Mail Jet and Mail Gun

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited May 2018

Jamie_DreamIT said: SES: Works better than SG and SP, pricing is unbeatable. I had issues with SES only allowing xx amount of emails per second, WHMCS sometimes sends a high number of emails in a second (email marketer), SES drops the emails rather than queueing. I like the idea of using extra tools such as Sendy.

Just contact AWS to request a higher send rate limit. I'm currently at 50 emails/second

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • This GDPR crap has been blown out of proportion by the usual suspects selling you the compliance.

Of course some key changes are coming into effect, but generally, it's not as bad as it has been made out to be.

• EdmondEdmond Member

@Jamie_DreamIT Sparkpost having issues delivering to Outlook? That's odd, I use their grandfathered free plan that includes 100k emails (used to be 120k) and I get emails delivered to my Hotmail address in seconds.

• Amazon ses with Sendy. I tried a lot of others and they had issues with outlook spam filters. You must verify and enable all the things in domain setup that Amazon requires.