Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cociu storage servers are back. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cociu storage servers are back.

2»

Comments

• mikanmikan Member

Oh man! It's out of stock again. I don't think I will ever be able to buy anything from cociu. Waited for months, but missed the chance, again.

• TomTom Member

Crap, out of stock

• cociucociu Member

mikan said: Oh man! It's out of stock again. I don't think I will ever be able to buy anything from cociu. Waited for months, but missed the chance, again.

You can use the button "notify on restock" from here : https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?m=product_restock_notifier&pid=271

you must to be logged. Also this time was only 400 vps , we plan to create a huge quantity for the next month (i just buy 300 hdd of 10tb).

• will we ever get ubuntu 16.04 / debian 9 etc.? this year? next year?

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited April 2018

I actually regret buying the storage server since i actually don't have any use for it - fuck me and my impulse buys lol

Anybody want it?

• TomTom Member

edfox said: Anybody want it?

>

What size?

• edfoxedfox Member

@Tom said:

What size?

1TB.

Ughhhhh I'm scared I'll regret it

• TomTom Member

edfox said: 1TB

I'll take it :p

• cociucociu Member

mosan7763 said: will we ever get ubuntu 16.04 / debian 9 etc.? this year? next year?

definetly yes , but is not in our priority list. Right now we are focused in upgrade the network with +40 gbps (its a hard negotiation in the middle with liberty global ). Also we have start to make good offers in dedicated servers and i am focused in this this year because we want to touch a number of servers this year because in this case i can negociate the electrical power also. But i repeat , i hope in the future offer new templates + maybe a storage kvm line.

• edfoxedfox Member

@cociu said:

mosan7763 said: will we ever get ubuntu 16.04 / debian 9 etc.? this year? next year?

definetly yes , but is not in our priority list. Right now we are focused in upgrade the network with +40 gbps (its a hard negotiation in the middle with liberty global ). Also we have start to make good offers in dedicated servers and i am focused in this this year because we want to touch a number of servers this year because in this case i can negociate the electrical power also. But i repeat , i hope in the future offer new templates + maybe a storage kvm line.

PLEASE

Debian 9 is all i need <3

• @edfox said:

@cociu said:

PLEASE

1. install Debian 8
    2. vi /ect/apt/source.list (or any other editor)
    3. search jessie in that file and replace them to stretch
    4. sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
    5. done
  • edfoxedfox Member

@omelas said:

1. install Debian 8
    2. vi /ect/apt/source.list (or any other editor)
    3. search jessie in that file and replace them to stretch
    4. sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
    5. done
    1. They only have Wheezy

2. That'll break the vps and Marius will get mad at me.

Hello,

like i have told every time. I strong suggest to not upgrade the OS because your vps finally will stuck due of kernel wit how have the chance to recuperate your data.

Regards,
    Marius

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@edfox said:

1. That'll break the vps and Marius will get mad at me.

Just don't submit a ticket or do a chargeback when you break it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edfox said:

Dude it's a storage vps. Debian 7 works fine.

• edfoxedfox Member

@willie said:

edfox said:

Dude it's a storage vps. Debian 7 works fine.

Was actually gonna use it as a CDN frontend and compiling nginx from source is a bit of a pain :(

• edfox said: Was actually gonna use it as a CDN frontend

It's a storage VPS, don't do that.

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited April 2018

@willie said:

edfox said: Was actually gonna use it as a CDN frontend

It's a storage VPS, don't do that.

Sorry, I'm tired. I have a couple of crawlers downloading stuff - I'm gonna define a SFTP mount for each crawler so that all the stuff will be stored there, and then Cociu's server will have Nginx resizing images (thumbnails) and delivering files. The server, however, will have a CDN+cache on the front.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• edfoxedfox Member

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Stop me.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

No way. Do it.

• NihimNihim Member
    edited April 2018

I have yet to upgrade from jessie to stretch in openVZ without something fucking up afterwards. Even with clean install from stretch minimal in a big solid VPS provider (again openVZ), swap has decided to fuck off and not play at all with memory :/

And I am not even doing anything funky, just a couple pkgs from apt.

Anyone has the opposite experience from me?

• edfoxedfox Member

I was able to upgrade my old openvz vps up to Stretch, but i don't remember how.

• edfox said: Cociu's server will have Nginx resizing images (thumbnails) and delivering files.

Well I think of these servers as cheap raw disk space without much computation or webserving resources, but whatever. Compiling nginx from source is pretty easy. I'm enough of a throwback to use apache anyway, and that's easy too.

Thanked by 1vimalware