Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch resell my container to another customer? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch resell my container to another customer?

13»

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

@ashkulz said:

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    All this bitching over a conflicting ip which happens time to time. Only on LET. If supports sucks ask for a refund.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I (as a customer) wouldn't expect to know that conflicting IPs are possible with Solus -- I'd imagine my analysis wouldn't be too different from the OP.

that's right and it's bad that at least the normal support seem to not be aware of that possibility either. threatening in tickets instead of trying to gather as much information around the problem as possible on the other hand is not good either.

as a customer try to at least use, what the panel offers on your UNmanaged vserver. that is, stopping/starting the VM, checking the VNC, boot from an ISO/to rescue instead of the HDD... if that all fails open a ticket and tell the provider what you already tried.

a simple reboot most likely would have resolved the issue, as the IP would have been claimed back by the VM.

I am aware that in this case this isn't the preferable solution as chances are that an underlying problem with IP conflicts even being possible can go unnoticed very easily.
    yet it would have solved the initial problem without the need for support anyway.

TL;DR; hopefully @Abdullah is aware now and able to find a permanent solution to avoid spoofing of IPs.

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@karjaj said:

@nfn said:
    I had the same.problem. The VSP was off and my ip was pointing to another server.
    Before that, my bandwidth was all eaten without explanation. I wasn't runing anything there that could eat all bandwidth.

A few months ago, I had same kind of problem. My idling VPS went offline and from my monitor I saw, that it changes it's IP to new and new to old a few times. When I tried to login original IP, my credentials not worked. Then I tried to change password from control panel without success. Because VPS was idling and I was busy, I wasn't open ticket or investigate more that issue. After a few weeks, I re-installed whole VPS and it's ok since then. VPS is in Stockholm location.

So you had the same issue months ago? That makes 4 spread out over more than just one time point?

Btw, everyone mentioning the cheap annual offers, I have regular monthly full priced plans and the support is still I mean, rediculously, embarrassingly awful.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@yokedegg So you going to keep beating that dead horse dead?

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    @yokedegg So you going to keep beating that dead horse dead?

...There's 4 people who have experienced the same issue and have had all there servers temporarily disappear, and IPs be reassigned to someone else also bandwidth used up or suspended.

Do you not see the issue here?

It's not like you can expect Host Hatch to respond to their support tickets, so I have to attempt to contact him here.

It legitimately seems they have no clue how to fix this if this has been occurring months.

Ironically, I have experienced this same issue myself but was unable to put together the puzzle pieces until seeing 4 people mention it on this thread, I solved it myself with a reboot.

This really is a major issue. Pricing doesn't matter and shouldn't be an excuse.

Meanwhile, they're jerking off trying to make a pretty panel while having fundamental critical issues with the actual service.

Basically, I just want an answer for fuck sake.

I want to hear that they found the exploit/vulnerability/recurring "conflict" with IPs, and that they know what caused it and what they're doing to prevent it.

I want them to actually accept responsibility, and fix it.

I don't give a single fuck about you trying to make yourself look better on a thread based around an issue on your businesses side.

This is the difference between Host Hatch, and BuyVM for example.

@Francisco drives fail, okay, shit happens, he transparently posts what happened, and what he's doing to fix it. Cool.

He didn't respond to the post only trying to protect himself without accepting any responsibility, and addressed the concerns.

This guy, protects himself, acts as if nothing is wrong until I breathe fire down his neck, and still refused to actually acknowledge it, and if he has any plans on fixing it, or if he even knows what's causing it.

TLDR: This is a lost cause, I've already cancelled my Host Hatch subscriptions, moving to BuyVM. Aka, a business who actually gives half a shit about their customers and you just might actually get a response within a week to your support tickets.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Everyone take a breath.

Thanked by 2YokedEgg Clouvider
  • /me is taking a breath

• lazytlazyt Member

Mayhap you should be jumping on SolusVM about the issue? It has been said multiple times in this thread that this occurs on occasion with SolusVM.

Wouldn't know from my experience, but I've seen this mentioned on multiple forums and occasions.

• @lazyt said:
    Mayhap you should be jumping on SolusVM about the issue? It has been said multiple times in this thread that this occurs on occasion with SolusVM.

Wouldn't know from my experience, but I've seen this mentioned on multiple forums and occasions.

This was recognized already, but again, he refuses to clarify what is actually causing the issue or if they're planning on fixing it.

I'm not a networking genius by any means, but what I don't understand is why you can't just lock the IP down to a MAC so this doesn't happen. I realize a MAC can still be spoofed, but this is a step in the right direction.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

@YokedEgg said:

@lazyt said:

This was recognized already, but again, he refuses to clarify what is actually causing the issue or if they're planning on fixing it.

I'm not a networking genius by any means, but what I don't understand is why you can't just lock the IP down to a MAC so this doesn't happen. I realize a MAC can still be spoofed, but this is a step in the right direction.

The solusvm problem isn't an IP conflict in the traditional sense. OpenVZ doesn't allow two containers to be online and share the same IP - period.

The problem is that where two container configs have the same ip, the first container to boot will get the IP. If a container wasn't deleted fully (I.e. exists on the node, but does not exist in solus); when it boots it might take an IP assigned to a customer.

For KVM VPS there's no excuses - no known similar problems and there's IP spoofing protection using ebtables available and working (stable these days! As Francisco noted, it used to cause problems with ipv6).

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2018

Falzo said: TL;DR; hopefully @Abdullah is aware now and able to find a permanent solution to avoid spoofing of IPs.

This will indeed be fixed within this week. It should have been fixed much earlier, I do accept the responsibility and apologize for that. Anyone having issues with support or otherwise is always welcome to shoot me an email or a PM here.

As for the OP - I’m sorry you felt opening a ticket by threatening us and calling us incompetent while including no information on the issue was the right call. Please take your backup and move to another provider as advised in your ticket. I wish you all the best.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • darkdark Member

Hosthatch is really a sucking hosting, they should change their name into "HostSucks"

• @dark said:
    Hosthatch is really a sucking hosting, they should change their name into "HostSucks"

Not my experience with the Storage server I've had the last 9 months.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tarasis said:

@dark said:

Not my experience with the Storage server I've had the last 9 months.

Thanks - to give some background:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/87518/hosthatch-review

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/90248/hosthatch-sucks-stay-away-from-them/p1

• Cheers, yes that explains it nicely.

Apparently I even commented on that review (2nd to last post https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1851254/#Comment_1851254 ) although I had apparently completely forgotten :blush: