Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch resell my container to another customer? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch resell my container to another customer?

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Abdullah

Don't want to seem skeptical, but would you mind posting screenshots (private data omitted, of course) or verifying with an admin? Just want to make sure I'm on the right side.

I'm sure the customer will be happy to post a screenshot of the whole ticket if he disagrees with anything I said above. Otherwise I can verify it with an admin of course.

YokedEgg said: Specifically take note of the bullet points and the ending for the checkbox with more transparency on the expectations of the offers.

Special terms and conditions will be added to future special offers, that is already on the books. It is the reason why we had no offers on Easter or our 7th anniversary (11th April).

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@Abdullah said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Abdullah

Don't want to seem skeptical, but would you mind posting screenshots (private data omitted, of course) or verifying with an admin? Just want to make sure I'm on the right side.

I'm sure the customer will be happy to post a screenshot of the whole ticket if he disagrees with anything I said above. Otherwise I can verify it with an admin of course.

YokedEgg said: Specifically take note of the bullet points and the ending for the checkbox with more transparency on the expectations of the offers.

Special terms and conditions will be added to future special offers, that is already on the books. It is the reason why we had no offers on Easter or our 7th anniversary (11th April).

Well my final question here is that you didn't really address OP at all, can you please do this?

There's two people saying they both had their own IPs pointing to another server.

Being a Host Hatch customer myself, it'd be nice if you could address this?

Did this actually occur? Did you find out what caused it and fix it? Did this never occur and both people on this thread are mistaken? Please clarify.

You didn't really address what happened with OP at all but immediately tried to protect yourself and attack OP without directly addressing anything.

• To @Abdullah

I am on a quarterly plan and used service for less than a month. Is there an option to cancel the plan and get pro-rated refund for 2 months?

Reason:
    Quality of Support

• @Abdullah said:

>

sorry that im use not appropriate words, like i just back from long weekend and show WHM pages. but what kind of support that just say "I am able to ping and ssh into your server IP" without check it first.

its okay if you dont want customer like me, even i quoted before you replied ticket.

@warrior said:
    after 7hour after last reply, its look like on their side. im not complaining about hosthatch service, im happy being hosthatch customer and hosthatch is one reliable provider at vps market. :)

i purchased this container cause i want try your service, like im purchased to other providers. if im satisfied with service i'll order more.

i'll move to another provider if you things im bad for your business or anything else reason, within time you gave it.

YokedEgg said:

Well my final question here is that you didn't really address OP at all?

It was an IP conflict. We'd need to work with the customer to resolve it. The fact is that the OP opened a ticket with the total information on the issue being "i cant access it and now it installed with cpanel" - combined with a threat to sue us. That is enough to get you 'goodbye and good luck' from us (the suing part)

edited April 2018

@Abdullah said:

YokedEgg said:

It was an IP conflict. We'd need to work with the customer to resolve it. The fact is that the OP opened a ticket with the total information on the issue being "i cant access it and now it installed with cpanel" - combined with a threat to sue us. That is enough to get you 'goodbye and good luck' from us (the suing part)

Well, do you know what caused the two IP conflicts on the thread?

Are you guys fixing it?

I think really the support part could have been entirely avoided posting at all.

It just left a bitter taste in my mouth trying to transfer all the blame like that, sure he shouldn't have said that but also you have to think logically and not emotionally (such as being insulted by a threat/profanity/whatever in a support ticket) as a business person and understand that he is in fact saying that in a worked up emotional state from a fault on your side.

It just makes you look unprofessional when you try to transfer the blame like that. You really should have accepted responsibility here for the IP conflict here.

Anyways, thank you for responding.

EDIT: Actually, just noticed that's 3 people, not just 2, who have mentioned IP conflicts. One of which definitely knows what they're talking about for sure. There's clearly an issue here. Almost seems as if you selectively avoided addressing the IP conflict / bug / exploit and tried to transfer the point of blame to OP in an attempt to avoid pointing it out?

• xaocxaoc Member

@Abdullah said:

YokedEgg said:

So why defer attention from the issue by trying to portray the customer as the bad guy? Do you believe this is helping your company's reputation?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

People still throw around the silly "wow i sue u for $1" line? Can't expect much from that.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

IP conflict is probably related to the reboots. Sometimes solusvm doesn't fully delete an openvz vps and then on next node reboot, the 'ghost' container will boot up causing an IP conflict.

Though I thought they had their own panel?

@xaoc said:
    So why defer attention from the issue by trying to portray the customer as the bad guy? Do you believe this is helping your company's reputation?

Opening tickets by providing no information on the issue and threatening to sue the company would make any company with self-respect asking the customer to leave.

Try opening a ticket with any company by saying "I have an issue which I won't provide you much info of, but I will sue you because of your incompetence. RESPOND TO ME ASAP" and see what happens.

Thanked by 1coreflux
    edited April 2018

@Abdullah said:

@xaoc said:

Opening tickets by providing no information on the issue and threatening to sue the company would make any company with self-respect asking the customer to leave.

Try opening a ticket with any company by saying "I have an issue which I won't provide you much info of, but I will sue you because of your incompetence. RESPOND TO ME ASAP" and see what happens.

...Sooo, you gonna address the whole IP conflict thing and why 3 people are saying the same exact thing on the thread or are you going to keep diverting around the actual issue here?

Starting to get pretty annoyed here as a Host Hatch customer. Support is awful and you're literally just attacking OP for an issue on your end (which he probably had to come here because your support is awful and a thread that could potentially lose you sales is the only way to get a cohesive response -- and in fact, LowEndTalk was a better support team by literally telling him to reboot, which doesn't fix the issue from occuring again in the future to other Host Hatch customers). Who cares, he said he was going to sue you over $10 which any rational human being knows isn't going to happen.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2018

YokedEgg said: ...Sooo, you gonna address the whole IP conflict thing and why 3 people are saying the same exact thing on the thread or are you going to keep diverting around the actual issue here?

He likely rebooted his nodes and hard spun VM's from the node side and not through Solus.

The IP locks were likely not saved before the reboot meaning someone with sloppy IP binds, badly terminated VM's, or a malicious (ab)user, could ARP whatever IP's they want.

I don't know if they ever fixed it but for the longest time you had to disable IP locks in Solus to get IPV6 to work meaning you suddenly became a spoofable host.

Francisco

edited April 2018

@Francisco said:

YokedEgg said: ...Sooo, you gonna address the whole IP conflict thing and why 3 people are saying the same exact thing on the thread or are you going to keep diverting around the actual issue here?

He likely rebooted his nodes and hard spun VM's from the node side and not through Solus.

The IP locks were likely not saved before the reboot meaning someone with sloppy IP binds, badly terminated VM's, or a malicious (ab)user, could ARP whatever IP's they want.

I don't know if they ever fixed it but for the longest time you had to disable IP locks in Solus to get IPV6 to work meaning you suddenly became a spoofable host.

Francisco

Does he use SolusVM though?

From what I've seen, I don't think it's just a SolusVM reskin.

Leading me to be concerned about if the IP's aren't actively locked at all and still exploitable, etc.

He's addressing literally nothing on the thread, which makes me even more suspicious.

If it was just OP, I'd brush it off, but 3 people? Seriously?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@YokedEgg said:

Does he use SolusVM though?

From what I've seen, I don't think it's just a SolusVM reskin.

Leading me to be concerned about if the IP's aren't actively locked at all and still exploitable, etc.

He's addressing literally nothing on the thread, which makes me even more suspicious.

If it was just OP, I'd brush it off, but 3 people? Seriously?

I heard some murmur's that it was just a frontend to the Solus API's in some fashion. It's possible that's false and he really did write the backend scripts too but that's pretty involved especially if you're breaking your back handling $10/year customers.

As for him addressing concerns, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Francisco

Thanked by 1YokedEgg

@jackb said:

Our panel is built on top of the SolusVM API, along with some of our own features which don't go through SolusVM.

It's obviously an issue we'll be looking into and getting resolved.

you're literally just attacking OP for an issue on your end

No, sorry, anyone opening ticket with no information about the issue and threatening to sue us (especially on a $10 per year plan) will be asked to leave without any questions.

edited April 2018

@Abdullah said:

@jackb said:

Our panel is built on top of the SolusVM API, along with some of our own features which don't go through SolusVM.

It's obviously an issue we'll be looking into and getting resolved.

you're literally just attacking OP for an issue on your end

No, sorry, anyone opening ticket with no information about the issue and threatening to sue us (especially on a $10 per year plan) will be asked to leave without any questions.

"It's obviously an issue we'll be looking into and getting resolved."

So you actively have issues with people being able to hijack others IP(s)? Or is this confirmed to an issue with SolusVM rebooting?

These are very important questions that need answers. This is what your first response should have been.

Also, not sure where this would be obvious considering this is the literal first time you're accepting responsibility for the issue OP was experiencing.

Imagine all the customers you've wrongfully suspended considering two have posted above being wrongfully suspended for a hijacked IP used for spamming, etc.

• YokedEgg said: "It's obviously an issue we'll be looking into and getting resolved."

So you actively have issues with people being able to hijack others IP(s)? Or is this confirmed to an issue with SolusVM rebooting?

These are very important questions that need answers. This is what your first response should have been.

Also, not sure where this would be obvious considering this is the literal first time you're accepting responsibility for the issue OP was experiencing.

Imagine all the customers you've wrongfully suspended considering two have posted above being wrongfully suspended for a hijacked IP used for spamming, etc.

If OP would have opened an emergency ticket with content that include something like "Seems like my IP has changed" or even "Did you resell my container" would've work. I don't think he's wrong when the customer involves lines which includes "sue" word in his ticket.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
    edited April 2018

@jetchirag said:

YokedEgg said: "It's obviously an issue we'll be looking into and getting resolved."

If OP would have opened an emergency ticket with content that include something like "Seems like my IP has changed" or even "Did you resell my container" would've work. I don't think he's wrong when the customer involves lines which includes "sue" word in his ticket.

Doesn't really matter. Who cares if his feelings are hurt about an empty promise of being sued. I don't care about that part, my entire point is why even bring that up on the thread and avoid addressing the actual issue mentioned.

Important part is this:

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This thread is at the point of diminishing returns now.

Thanked by 1beagle
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2018

warrior said: just open urgent tickets support and still no response

Urgent ticket for a 10$/y service? No shit!

warrior said: sorry that im use not appropriate words

This and only this can be a reason to be kicked off from a hosting provider - and he should kick you off his services without refund and backups. Who do you think you are, that can allow you to act like this?
    Also, buying a less than 1$/m service is common logic that this comes without a top-notch support. What did you expect? A tech guy dedicated to you, the most precious client of all era for any provider?

warrior said: i purchased this container cause i want try your service

So, did you purchased this container to try his services, or did you get the most valuable data for you and for some downtime or an issue, you immediately threaten to... sue the provider for your precious data?

YokedEgg said: No offence, but your support is awful. Now before you transfer the blame, look inwards (ignoring the threats or profanities, or whatever). Was his support experience poor (like mine -- absolutely awful) before he acted like this to provoke it? Was his issue on your side? If you actually provisioned his IP to another customer temporarily, that's pretty bad.. Is it your issue that he took it public to begin with? If your support was better, would he have done that?

Despite the fact he admitted that he has a serious issue with support because of his mistake giving high discount to an offer, getting tons of clients and not be able to fulfill the rising support needs, when you buy a 10$/y vps, you should have thought that it will not be like an Azure node. And, even if the issue is on provider's side, this does not make you on the right side if you threaten the provider in tickets and open threads in public forums bashing him for a ticket you opened less than an hour ago...

xaoc said: So why defer attention from the issue by trying to portray the customer as the bad guy? Do you believe this is helping your company's reputation?

Statistically, there will arise issues even with the most reliable provider. Even more with an extremely budget provider. So, yes, here the customer is the bad guy. He didn't make any effort to work with the provider, he threatened him, he bashed him publicly without even wait a day to give space to resolve the problem, he opened a ticket without and real info about the issue, he claims that he host his multibillion valued data in a 10$/y box (only this could excuse the sue part) and yet, he obvious did not have any catastrophy plan to have his site working from a backup until the issue is resolved. Hosthatch is not AWS or Knownhost, we should take low end providers as is, having realistic expectations.

• warriorwarrior Member
    edited April 2018

@Abdullah said:

sorry, i just want to draw your attention to get soon replied. do you think $10/y plan customer will sue you? im admit use inappropriate words, but it just get tickets sooner get replied. i dont suppose you replied with too emotional.

@jetchirag said:

i just being regular LET guy, see promotional offer, cant resist, let idling vps and few months later have project and put ideas at vps.

maybe im use inappropriate words, i just want prevent the worst case, since support only replied "I am able to ping and ssh into your server" like nothing happen.

if container provisioned to other customer and new customer reload OS or else, i can save time to doing setup webserver and rsync backup data things. my finger fast enough to typing open ticket that could be save time.

• warrior said: sorry, i just want to draw your attention to get soon replied. do you think $10/y plan customer will sue you? im admit use inappropriate words, but it just get tickets sooner get replied. i dont suppose you replied with too emotional.

Draw attention to get soon replied? It's like you get in a "Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club" bar, the muscled bartender is busy serving other clients and you yell at him "hey, faggot, move your ugly ass here and serve me or I will punch you in the face", to get his attention! Id he just ignores you and don't serve you, is the best scenario about you!

warrior said: i just being regular LET guy, see promotional offer, cant resist, let idling vps and few months later have project and put ideas at vps.

So, was this so critical vps for you that made you frustrated for an issue or it was an idle box that had there a new critical project?

warrior said: maybe im use inappropriate words, i just want prevent the worst case, since support only replied "I am able to ping and ssh into your server" like nothing happen.

"Cant access it and now it installed with cpanel" is not a description of your issue. A tech guy will check for issues depending on what the ticket is claiming. So, support did a ping and checked the vps from inside the node and didn't saw any issues. You should reply with the actual issue being polite and stating all the known details (when it was working, what did you see at the time of the issue etc.). Instead, you... threaten him and opened a public bash in LET.

• @jvnadr said:
    Also, buying a less than 1$/m service is common logic that this comes without a top-notch support. What did you expect? A tech guy dedicated to you, the most precious client of all era for any provider?

al lest you can put it on tos, customer who use promotional code will not get support, like virmach do. i have lots $4/y container at virmach from last blackfriday, if other also have $4/y promo, recent days it down few minutes and hour, since i know the tos, i'll pay fee if open ticket, i'll not dong that.

Despite the fact he admitted that he has a serious issue with support because of his mistake giving high discount to an offer, getting tons of clients and not be able to fulfill the rising support needs, when you buy a 10$/y vps, you should have thought that it will not be like an Azure node. And, even if the issue is on provider's side, this does not make you on the right side if you threaten the provider in tickets and open threads in public forums bashing him for a ticket you opened less than an hour ago...

what do you think support helpfull respone ticket with "I am able to ping and ssh into your server" or something like "we're working on it, i'll give more details if issues resolved" and after that 7hour without reply. and LET user @Falzo helpfull enough to solve this issue than tech support.

he obvious did not have any catastrophy plan to have his site working from a backup until the issue is resolved. Hosthatch is not AWS or Knownhost, we should take low end providers as is, having realistic expectations.

people dont open ticket as long their vps work as it should. so lowend customer should not care about their data.

• @jvnadr said:
    So, was this so critical vps for you that made you frustrated for an issue or it was an idle box that had there a new critical project?

when you put something on vps, i put some website to future project, its like your labs before ready to production website, as full-stack i coding all website by myself, offcourse i aware of my data.

"Cant access it and now it installed with cpanel" is not a description of your issue. A tech guy will check for issues depending on what the ticket is claiming. So, support did a ping and checked the vps from inside the node and didn't saw any issues. You should reply with the actual issue being polite and stating all the known details (when it was working, what did you see at the time of the issue etc.). Instead, you... threaten him and opened a public bash in LET.

like open thread, i dont want this thread become LowEndSupport. i just want hear of other though and experience about SolusVM. when other try asking if they do SolusVM thing, when you already create with SolusVM APIs you'll know it using it, and maybe the problem aobut SolusVM, i just want a open discussion.

• warrior said: al lest you can put it on tos, customer who use promotional code will not get support, like virmach do. i have lots $4/y container at virmach from last blackfriday, if other also have $4/y promo, recent days it down few minutes and hour, since i know the tos, i'll pay fee if open ticket, i'll not dong that.

No support at all is another thing than slow support. And you should have realistic expectations and behave better.

warrior said: and after that 7hour without reply

7 hour without reply! Wow! That's close to eternity! C'mon, grow up! In such cheap servers, you should give at least 24 hours for a provider to reply. You get what you pay for, don't cry when you don't get $$$$ support for 1/000$ of cost!

warrior said: people dont open ticket as long their vps work as it should. so lowend customer should not care about their data.

Are you on drugs? A backup plan (and not in only one pace) is mandatory, except if your data are not valuable. This is #1 rule in low end services and in high end services. Ask anybody. If you don't want to understand it, it's just your mistake.

warrior said: like open thread, i dont want this thread become LowEndSupport. i just want hear of other though and experience about SolusVM. when other try asking if they do SolusVM thing, when you already create with SolusVM APIs you'll know it using it, and maybe the problem aobut SolusVM, i just want a open discussion.

You are lying. You just wanted to bash the provider, because he did not resolve your issue after his first response.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

Francisco

My issue was pre-reboots fwiw

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • xaocxaoc Member

@jvnadr said:

xaoc said: So why defer attention from the issue by trying to portray the customer as the bad guy? Do you believe this is helping your company's reputation?

Statistically, there will arise issues even with the most reliable provider. Even more with an extremely budget provider. So, yes, here the customer is the bad guy. He didn't make any effort to work with the provider, he threatened him, he bashed him publicly without even wait a day to give space to resolve the problem, he opened a ticket without and real info about the issue, he claims that he host his multibillion valued data in a 10$/y box (only this could excuse the sue part) and yet, he obvious did not have any catastrophy plan to have his site working from a backup until the issue is resolved. Hosthatch is not AWS or Knownhost, we should take low end providers as is, having realistic expectations.

Not saying the customer is a good guy, just trying to point out that such behaviour from a Company rep does not help the company.

• @nfn said:
    I had the same.problem. The VSP was off and my ip was pointing to another server.
    Before that, my bandwidth was all eaten without explanation. I wasn't runing anything there that could eat all bandwidth.

A few months ago, I had same kind of problem. My idling VPS went offline and from my monitor I saw, that it changes it's IP to new and new to old a few times. When I tried to login original IP, my credentials not worked. Then I tried to change password from control panel without success. Because VPS was idling and I was busy, I wasn't open ticket or investigate more that issue. After a few weeks, I re-installed whole VPS and it's ok since then. VPS is in Stockholm location.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

All this bitching over a conflicting ip which happens time to time. Only on LET. If supports sucks ask for a refund.

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    All this bitching over a conflicting ip which happens time to time. Only on LET. If supports sucks ask for a refund.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I (as a customer) wouldn't expect to know that conflicting IPs are possible with Solus -- I'd imagine my analysis wouldn't be too different from the OP.