Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Online.net plans - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Online.net plans

13»

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited April 2018

@Clouvider said:

@Vova1234 said:
    Through a stupid method of payment to sell to the side is not convenient, the hoster as a collector should act because not all people always pay on time.

What are you trying to tell through this post? I try to read it for the 3rd time in the context and I fail to understand.

Think he's referring to resellers of KS or OVH in general for that matter. May be difficult to line up billing cycles with OVH and your customer. And if your customer doesn't pay for the month, you may be stuck with the server for the month due to the lining up of billing cycles.

Ohh wait... this is the online.net thread. Yeah, not sure about context here.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

Clouvider said: What are you trying to tell through this post? I try to read it for the 3rd time in the context and I fail to understand.

I live in Ukraine. I'm looking from the other side of the market. The east market, and this is also customers and also money for the data center. Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and other countries are absolutely identical countries. So that's what I'm leading to.
    The approach to sales here is different. By type of service:

- shared hosting - absolutely untrained people take, stupid shorter.

- vps / vds - the mobile buys basically, not serious projects. Failures almost every month, one-time buy, test and discard.

- dedics - take those who have already created a project and just buy servers for them, from such rarely failures. It is easier for them to buy through a reseller because he knows how everything works directly, how everything is arranged, how to fire his identity and documents, and so on.

Therefore, you can sell dedicated servers, you just take and sell. It is necessary to offer sites, miners, applications, services and all the rest. My mission as a hoster, go to the site of the data center to purchase the right number of servers, install the OS and give access. Clients of dedicated servers all know how to administer and everything else to do.
    And the most popular data center for such a model is only OVH now. I tried a bunch of data centers servers cheap, then there is no amount, then the server issues a few days, then a bad ddos ​​protection, then overprice for the price.

For example, in Russia, data centers do not have protection from DDoS. Black hole as a solution with DDoS. But do you imagine a serious project that the schoolchild overpowered the schoolchild with a stressor and sent his server to a black hole for 12 hours? And you can not just take and buy what you need. For this, this user simply dumps in OVH where there is protection from DDoS.

This also applies to marketing on IPv4 that they can be bought with a one-time payment. In Russia, too, this is nowhere possible.

And in Russia and the CIS countries a lot of restrictions on bank payments. For example, the limits for sending payments, too. And such that you foreigners will laugh how small they are.

Overnight, payments ran up. He came in noted in the payment billing, extended the links to the servers in OVH and everything. I'm going to do other things. And do not keep in your head balances on the cards. Discarded money the client is allowed to qiwi, paid for the card on the link server https://www.ovh.ie/cgi-bin/order/renew.cgi , lasted, threw the head off the head.

But if you paid for example servers for Hetzner or online.net, then you need to collect a balance on some kind of card to pay the bill, wait for the invoice, sometimes it happens that the client pays when the server is overdue. And it's all to keep, balance to check that there were no unnecessary write-offs and stuff. Such an enrage to sell.

The data center should not be a host and work with the end client.
    The data center should produce servers, do infrastructure, panels and payment methods, make the convenience shorter.
    That on the basis of this largest leader with huge profits - any dude in his country could open his own hosting, for his people speaking the same language and so on.
    To build on top of the data center infrastructure its some buns for the client.

If the data center itself wants to work for the whole world, and cease to be just a "local small DC", and become "large and global".
    He will either have to hire a staff of people who speak all languages.
    Or just - start working with the hosters. A hoster is not the same audience as Online. Their method of payment with a monthly bill is only suitable for a private person who can never buy more than 50 servers.
    neither Hetzner nor Online.net - they can not work with the business.
    And OVH does not know how to work with business (with hosters for example, or just real business wholesale) - because there are no employees who just work in more detail with customers, there's just a shop that can not speak. So OVH is so far the only bidder in the world that can become a real monopoly on the basis of which hosting will be opened in different countries and the method of payment there just contributes to this. And Hetzner and Online.net just suck their paws, working for their own limited countries or client segment. And OVH moves on.

I have 50 servers in online.net. And how furious this fuss with paypal, and even when several accounts, then even more fuss, because you need different paypal accounts. Here in the CIS do not use Paypal and bank cards. In Ukraine / Russia the most popular payment systems are Webmoney, Yandex.Money, Qiwi. After the take-off of Bitcoin, the popular ones were ePayments, Advcash, Payeer. Hoster often acts as an exchanger of money.

Ohh wait... this is the online.net thread. Yeah, not sure about context here.

Well OVH and online.net are connected by common history. Only OVH bypassed online.net with their own DC. And they are competitors.

For example:

Dedibox® SC 2016 -> Start-2-S-SSD / Start-2-S-SATA:
    Price: €9 -> €12/month

Dedibox® XC 2016 -> Start-2-M-SSD / Start-2-M-SATA:
    Price: €16 -> €20/month

What's the point of this? If OVH does: W3520 16GB RAM 120GB SSD ~ 12.99eur.

Then what's the point of buying Avoton? Through 1Gbit/s network? But they cut the network if you constantly shake.

• trvztrvz Member

@Vova1234 said:

You need to either learn English or stop posting short novel long comments on forums.

• @Vova1234 said:

Yeah, I'm gonna need you to break this down into chapters and pages, sir.

Thanked by 1machine123
  • KrisKris Member

What @trvz and @yokedegg said. Somehow I'm even more confused.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
    edited April 2018

trvz said: You need to either learn English or stop posting short novel long comments on forums.

Well, I'm writing through a Google translator. But I am also a client of this data center.

I admit that reading is difficult for those who live in English. Also difficult as for those who do not know English. The essence is important. If the data center wants to get even more sales, it needs to focus on the payment methods. The market is where I live a lot and the demand for servers is also there.

That such as I, could sell in the countries, in languages of this country, with the support that service.

From myself, one more remark in the hosting world, if the hoster's personality is more trust and he is bought.

• @Vova1234 said:

trvz said: You need to either learn English or stop posting short novel long comments on forums.

Well, I'm writing through a Google translator. But I am also a client of this data center.

I admit that reading is difficult for those who live in English. Also difficult as for those who do not know English. The essence is important. If the data center wants to get even more sales, it needs to focus on the payment methods. The market is where I live a lot and the demand for servers is also there.

That such as I, could sell in the countries, in languages of this country, with the support that service.

From myself, one more remark in the hosting world, if the hoster's personality is more trust and he is bought.

Bank transfer, PayPal, and credit cards are used throughout the entire world.

Any first world country will have access to at least one of these.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@YokedEgg said:

@Vova1234 said:

Bank transfer, PayPal, and credit cards are used throughout the entire world.

Any first world country will have access to at least one of these.

Even 2nd or 3rd. There’s very small number of countreiss actually excluded from the banking system.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
    edited April 2018

YokedEgg said: Bank transfer, PayPal, and credit cards are used throughout the entire world.

But in Russia they are not used at all. It's me about online shopping: hosting and etc. For this reason, customers pay Webmoney/Qiwi/Yandex.money hosters and they exchange and buy servers from bank cards. And there are a lot of restrictions and limits on RU Paypal. If you throw 60k rubles(~1200 USD) at a time, you can get a lock.

I disagree. We have many Russian Customers who happily pay with virtually all methods, cards, bank transfers, PayPal and Bitcoin.

• @Vova1234 said:

YokedEgg said: Bank transfer, PayPal, and credit cards are used throughout the entire world.

But in Russia they are not used at all. It's me about online shopping: hosting and etc. For this reason, customers pay Webmoney/Qiwi/Yandex.money hosters and they exchange and buy servers from bank cards. And there are a lot of restrictions and limits on RU Paypal. If you throw 60k rubles(~1200 USD) at a time, you can get a lock.

In my experience, Bitcoin is usually a better option to throw in the mix than any of these.

Also, Russians can definitely use some of the payments listed above other than the ones you said.

For high risk countries that don't have access to other available payment methods, Bitcoin is a safer bet, which can immediately real time be converted to your actual currency.

edited April 2018

Clouvider said: I disagree. We have many Russian Customers who happily pay with virtually all methods, cards, bank transfers, PayPal and Bitcoin.

Well, bank cards can be issued on Qiwi and Yandex. Still banks Sberbank and Tinkoff gives cards.

Well, to see this, we must live in Russia or other CIS country. From a distance I do not speak about England because I do not know and do not know the market there. But I live here and see everything as they pay and know the market.

In our team, a total of several thousand OVH/Hetzner servers have been sold to date and a bunch of servers from other data centers. And we do it WITHOUT OFFICES.

• FalzoFalzo Member

TL;DR; he wants to resell dedis to people who can't or won't deal with western standard payment and validation methods, but is not willing to take the risk himself to have to continue to pay for a server if one of his clients drops out on short notice.

He is blaming the datacenters for high prices and contract terms to not fit his sort of business model and calculation.

edited April 2018

Falzo said: He is blaming the datacenters for high prices and contract terms to not fit his sort of business model and calculation.

Do not blame, let them do as they want it's their right. I'll just watch from the side.

Just realistic hosting models have a lot. You can sell the same server config at different prices to different categories of people.

Some familiar hosters just buy from Leaseweb put a price of 2x and sell and tell that cheap data centers are garbage compared to Evoswitch.

• @Vova1234 charge a setup fee. bam. Your risk is covered.

edited April 2018

@vimalware said:
    @Vova1234 charge a setup fee. bam. Your risk is covered.

It's not fair. I have an honest hosting model. But now this risk is covered by CPU shitcoins. They now fully appeared on the algorithms yescrypt, lyra, cryptonight.

I will create more hosting aka point of sale to do in other countries. With different approaches to really see how they work in other countries. Cool experience will be.

Some hostings like webzilla simply buy other hosting. Their servers.com, pananames, fozzy and other.

@Vova1234 said:

@vimalware said:
    @Vova1234 charge a setup fee. bam. Your risk is covered.

It's not fair. I have an honest hosting model.

But eventually I will create more hosting aka point of sale to do in other countries.

Some hostings like webzilla simply buy other hosting. Their servers.com, pananames, fozzy and other.

Now this risk is covered by CPU shitcoins. They now fully appeared on the algorithms yescrypt, lyra, cryptonight.

Then only two option are left. If you’re not charging setup you need to increase your prices to cover the risk, or assume the risk yourself. Simple as that.

Thanked by 2vimalware Falzo