Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Online.net plans - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Online.net plans

Comments

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited April 2018

Information (in French) on Online's blog confirms the coming new offers. Wait and see...

• @Clouvider said:

Neoon said: Performance wise, they a trash and not more worth then 8EUR.

Will you build a DC and sell me some of those with 250 Mbps unmetered at 8 EUR ? When ?

It is not related to the original comment. Keep mocking people asking for cheaper price if you like.

Thanked by 1fat27
  • @Shot2 said:
    Information (in French) on Online's blog confirms the coming new offers. Wait and see...

It was posted in English as well: http://blog.online.net/2018/04/05/renaming-new-dedibox-offers/

• @levnode said:

@Clouvider said:

Will you build a DC and sell me some of those with 250 Mbps unmetered at 8 EUR ? When ?

It is not related to the original comment. Keep mocking people asking for cheaper price if you like.

I think he needs to know that some of his comments here on LET don’t help his business at all.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@levnode said:

@Clouvider said:

I’m mocking @Neoon for the overall quality of his rants here on LET. I sometimes feel like he would find stuff to complain about even if he was paid to use the hosting account. So much negativity.

Thanked by 2vfuse wrox
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

I do not explain stuff multiple times, you asked me this already.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

More potential customers for you as well lol

@Clouvider said:

@Tom said:
    So just mostly price increases? :(

People who held their purchases thinking about getting a better deal after this refresh must be very happy now.

• @george_zip said:

@levnode said:

@Clouvider said:

I think he needs to know that some of his comments here on LET don’t help his business at all.

Well, you have to understand not everyone is his target audience.

Maybe he only wants to attract people who understand he's saying.

Polarity works both ways, this was shown by Trump. It repels some, and attracts others.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The biggest difference between these two is that Online.net is not on LET being smug and annoying, and Cloudiver is.

Thanked by 2Frecyboy boernd
  • @rm_ said:
    The biggest difference between these two is that Online.net is not on LET being smug and annoying, and Cloudiver is.

Being a marketer myself, nothing attracts humans like personality.

While you may see him as being smug and annoying, others may enjoy seeing a face on a brand.

It's not like he's out here calling people profanities lol.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

YokedEgg said: While you may see him as being smug and annoying, others may enjoy seeing a face on a brand.

I do enjoy seeing a face on a brand sometimes, but not the kind of face you only want to punch.

edited April 2018

@rm_ said:

YokedEgg said: While you may see him as being smug and annoying, others may enjoy seeing a face on a brand.

I do enjoy seeing a face on a brand sometimes, but not the kind of face you only want to punch.

Exactly the point.

YokedEgg said: Well, you have to understand not everyone is his target audience.

EOT for me.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • machine123machine123 Member
    edited April 2018

There is a lot of negativity in this thread, I haven't been around here for too long but I found @Cloudvider to be helpful to this community and no I have no servers with them. He is of course running a business and I can see his point of view. Guys please put these differences aside and focus on the deals. :)

[Edit] Also, it takes a lot of balls to put your real picture on a public forum.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    Not just the location difference -- Online.net and Clouvider serve different client bases.

Online.net and Clouvider both serve LET - how is that different from each other?

• @Zerpy said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    Not just the location difference -- Online.net and Clouvider serve different client bases.

Online.net and Clouvider both serve LET - how is that different from each other?

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • The speed is worst. hmm

• machine123 said: There is a lot of negativity in this thread,

Well yeah, online's big reveal turned out to be price increases. It's no surprise we aren't enthused.

• Nothing special about the new "deals". Mods can close this topic to save more LETers from disappointment and depression.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

@Neoon said:
    Well, we saw Intel Atom dedis for 120$, but that was an exception, sure you can go full retard.

In my opinion, if someone is selling a atom for 15EUR, 20EUR they are retarded.

Performance wise, they a trash and not more worth then 8EUR.

Funny you say that, I was looking at some hosting providers today and saw an Atom C2758 with 1x 240GB SSD and 16GB RAM for $149/month.

• @FHR said:

@Neoon said:
    Well, we saw Intel Atom dedis for 120$, but that was an exception, sure you can go full retard.

Funny you say that, I was looking at some hosting providers today and saw an Atom C2758 with 1x 240GB SSD and 16GB RAM for $149/month.

Yes, from where? GoDaddy? Just trying to prey on unsuspecting consumers who do not know better. Also, often times at this price they are fully managed, but again, still expensive. I could charge $1,000 for an Avoton, but that does not mean the Online.net pricing is "a bargain".

@maldovia said:

@FHR said:

@Neoon said:

Yes, from where? GoDaddy? Just trying to prey on unsuspecting consumers who do not know better. Also, often times at this price they are fully managed, but again, still expensive. I could charge $1,000 for an Avoton, but that does not mean the Online.net pricing is "a bargain".

forked.net. Seems like the deal contains 16 IPs - but even with Online pricing, it wouldn't be this expensive. Unmanaged.

• @FHR said:

@maldovia said:

@FHR said:

@Neoon said:

forked.net. Seems like the deal contains 16 IPs - but even with Online pricing, it wouldn't be this expensive. Unmanaged.

lol, what a ripoff. QN or Psychz could do much more in that price range.

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@maldovia said:

@FHR said:

@maldovia said:

@FHR said:

@Neoon said:

lol, what a ripoff. QN or Psychz could do much more in that price range.

If the server is actually fully managed, $149 isn't that much.

Bigger businesses can surely afford that, when they would have to pay more for in house IT.

Was thinking of GoDaddy when I posted this when it was really referring to forked.net.

Brain fart, sorry.

edited April 2018

@YokedEgg said:

@FHR said:
    Unmanaged.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@FHR said:

@YokedEgg said:

@FHR said:
    Unmanaged.

Removed the original comment here lel, was referring to the wrong thing. Oopsy poopsy.

• Neoon said:

We had this discussion before, 250Mbit does not mean 250Mbit, on any cheap server at Online, which does not reach a certain value, they will throttle your ass down to mars to 100Mbit.

I get 1000 mbit from my main Online server (also have a 2nd one that I haven't tested that on). No I don't push 1000mbit 24/7. People who do that unsurprisingly get throttled. It works fine at traffic levels proportionate to what the server cost, which is all anyone is really entitled to expect. They used to have a high-traffic option for 35 euro/m but they seem to have gotten rid of that.

• Price increases too much...........
    I bought kimsufi ks-4c and ks-3c

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

Through a stupid method of payment to sell to the side is not convenient, the hoster as a collector should act because not all people always pay on time.

@Vova1234 said:
    Through a stupid method of payment to sell to the side is not convenient, the hoster as a collector should act because not all people always pay on time.

What are you trying to tell through this post? I try to read it for the 3rd time in the context and I fail to understand.