Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Flash Sale KS-4C (2017) €12.99 Now! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Flash Sale KS-4C (2017) €12.99 Now!

Comments

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Flash sale is closed, sold out guys !

• karanchookaranchoo Member
    edited April 2018

Not mine , Gbit adapter connected to 100mbit port ,

@YokedEgg said:

@willie said:
    I get the 100 mbits from my KS for real, while the 1gbps port on my Hetzner server is (for transatlantic traffic) usually more like 30-40 mbits.

"Guaranteed bandwidth: 1 GBit/s"

...Yeah, guaranteed to the switch lol.

@saibal said:
    Hetzner's transatlantic traffic is crap. I did read somewhere on LET that some KS racks in BHS got upgraded to Gbit.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ninzo59 said:

Thanks for the updates. (By the way, I guess that you work for OVH. I think that I had missed this earlier.)

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • @angstrom said: Thanks for the updates.

Cheers on that - thank you @ninzo59 - this time around I think stock lasted much longer also because there wasn't the usual flash banner on the website and for those who don't keep tabs on the api, it was only through this announcement that it was known.

• @angstrom said:

@ninzo59 said:

Thanks for the updates. (By the way, I guess that you work for OVH. I think that I had missed this earlier.)

Yes he is an OVH guy, you're right.

Thanked by 1angstrom
    edited April 2018

@nullnothere said:

@angstrom said: Thanks for the updates.

Cheers on that - thank you @ninzo59 - this time around I think stock lasted much longer also because there wasn't the usual flash banner on the website and for those who don't keep tabs on the api, it was only through this announcement that it was known.

In fact there was the usual flash banner on website, you might haven't seen it because of your cache, but you sure aren't the only one in this case =). Plus, there was a bigger stock this time.

@graphic said:

@angstrom said:

@ninzo59 said:

Yes he is an OVH guy, you're right.

+1

• I just see one IpV6 in the control panel. Is that correct or can we get additional ones?

If yes, can I use it for multiple VMs? Please help. Thanks

• Shot2Shot2 Member

You get access to a /64 (unofficially), but due to their horribly broken setup - OVH never got IPv6 right, and I doubt they ever will - you only get to manage a /128 in their panel etc.

• @WebGuru said:
    How to remove VAT? I am not in Europe

Interested in knowing this as well, earlier it used to remove it when you logged in but not this time.

• @YokedEgg said: Even from BHS to your location in the United States you likely won't get the full port speed lol.

Actually, I do max out the BHS port every time and I'm in the west coast.

YokedEgg said: Although, I was directly referring to oversold networks at prices that clearly couldn't be guaranteed/dedicated bandwidth.

I never said Online doesn't oversell networks. They have to at that price range. I never get more than 25-35% port speed on any of my European servers (Online/ Kimsufi/ Hetzner/ Netcup). But I get the fastest speeds with Online even with the throttling. YMMV ;-)

@willie said: I have KS servers in BHS and RBX. I'm able to max out the 100 mbit transatlantic in both directions.

Lucky you. I max out BHS everytime. Never with RBX or GRA. But then crossatlantic speeds are much more than just a factor of port speeds.

• I'm honestly more excited for a Kimsufi SSD (which I found out on this thread was coming soon), rather than this promotion, to be honest.

• @YokedEgg said:
    I'm honestly more excited for a Kimsufi SSD (which I found out on this thread was coming soon), rather than this promotion, to be honest.

Kimsufi SSD? when where how?

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@WebGuru said:

@YokedEgg said:
    I'm honestly more excited for a Kimsufi SSD (which I found out on this thread was coming soon), rather than this promotion, to be honest.

I lied, it was on the other troll flash sale thread.

(But that part wasn't a troll)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2726267/#Comment_2726267

Main reason I can't use Kimsufi is because they don't offer SSD, and I no longer want to bother with HDD speeds.

• @YokedEgg said:

@WebGuru said:

@YokedEgg said:

I lied, it was on the other troll flash sale thread.

(But that part wasn't a troll)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2726267/#Comment_2726267

Main reason I can't use Kimsufi is because they don't offer SSD, and I no longer want to bother with HDD speeds.

oh ok thanks for the details

• KS2A 250Mbps?

Thanked by 2citrix openos
  • @luo362722353 said:

KS2A 250Mbps?

I actually see that myself but I wouldn't count on that being accurate.

• EHRAEHRA Member

@luo362722353 said:

KS2A 250Mbps?

Bug (This server cannot be ordered on Kimsufi.)

• Nearly positive anyone that orders that server will still get the same port speed as all the other servers. It's happened before with sys.

• EHRAEHRA Member

And you will receive a server with 100mbps connection

• @EHRA @YokedEgg

This step of your order was subject to an error. Our departments have been notified and will intervene as soon as possible.

Once the problem is resolved, your bill will be generated, and your services will be activated. If necessary, you will be contacted directly by the relevant department.

• Thanked by 1citrix
  • Let us know what you get

• It's definitely an accident. An OVH worker confirmed they have no plans on changing anything other than adding SSD's to the line. No changes in terms of networking.

You'll receive the same server but it'll be the regular port speed.

Thanked by 1citrix
  • nullnothere said: Now after the €1 Anti DDoS hike, the KS-2E is at €8/monthly as well.

Hmm, I got mine (at €8) before the hike, and my price hasn't changed despite the announcement that made me think it would. That €10 is now the regular price with actual stock is very good too: it used to be more, I think. Or at least it was out of stock all the time. I like this server despite its cpu not being the fastest. The network is good and I always prefer dedis to VPS because of the separate hardware. Of course the promo KS-4C was attractive too, but I decided not to upgrade after a realization that I don't really have a use for more CPU at the moment.

• willie said: Hmm, I got mine (at €8) before the hike, and my price hasn't changed despite the announcement that made me think it would.

Are you sure on the price change? I got mine at €7 before the hike and had renewed for a few months. The price at the next renewal (soon) is €8.

willie said: I like this server despite its cpu not being the fastest. The network is good and I always prefer dedis to VPS because of the separate hardware.

I agree. It's been a very good and consistently performing server as long as you respect its limitations (Network BW + CPU). I've been using it as a backup/dumpyard for stuff and I've never had difficulty getting the promised 100mbps (~11MB/s over rsync) either way.

Unfortunately as things get larger, the speed does get in the way of "quick" stuff and even with an inconsistent 1G link at Online, it's easy to get more than 25-30MB/s over rsync consistently, beating the pants of any KS network wise.

Still, I'm at that point where despite loving the KS-2E I've to think really hard about reinvesting that $$$ elsewhere for better RAID+Network+CPU (like the Hetzner Finland machines).

Sigh. The problem of not having enough $$$ to have a few more idling dedis.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

How long will it be delivered?

I understand you sold all i5-2300/2400/3570s which were free.

• @Vova1234
    Ordered mine about 19 hrs before you, Im still waiting.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@scarecrow said:

@Vova1234

Delivered at now.

@Vova1234 said:

@scarecrow said:

@Vova1234

Delivered at now.

Sorry about the delay, in fact you ordered just before closing all order on this reference. Basically, we sold a little more than we had.