Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFPHosting: The 4th day 10mbps magic - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFPHosting: The 4th day 10mbps magic

2»

Comments

• nfphostingnfphosting Member
    edited April 2018

Miky said: It seems they are doing the same kind of shady job they do with their vps. No surprise anymore! And I can prove anything I just wrote.

Everyone should be warned, and stay away.

Hey Milky,

I'm unaware of the details about your experience but I'd like to look into it. Definitely want to make sure everything gets done right by you.

Can you inbox me on here with your account details?

-nathan.

ytyabc said: I have already PM you the relating ticket numbers. Hope they can do some help making NFP a better company. Your effort is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot! I received your message and I'll be looking at it first thing in the morning when I get to my desk as its midnight here. I'll send you a follow up to the ticket now to let you know I've received it.

I appreciate it, and I'm always open to feedback to become a better and stronger company :)

-nathan.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • This is an injustice that needs to be televised on Judge Judy

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Miky said: It seems they are doing the same kind of shady job they do with their vps. No surprise anymore! And I can prove anything I just wrote.

Prove it, I challenge you.

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

They are not limiting your network per se, they are limiting your IO speed which is a common thing for shared hosting. Also, a dedicated IP won't protect you from DDoS because the server itself will still get ddosed.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@ytyabc said:

@MasonR said:
    Also @ytyabc, can you do me a favor and post a screenshot of where they notified you of the 10Mbps restriction in the ticket? Want to avoid any he said / she said situations where possible. Thanks!

Will PM work for you?

You can hold off for now. Let's see what Nathan is able to do for you. Hopefully it's all just a miscommunication. Please keep us updated on how it goes and if he's able to to get your issue resolved.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I might be wrong, but reading between the lines here which I am sure neither side will openly admit too, OP thought he could just use the $1 hosting as a cheap fast file dump with heavy regular throughput rather than for regular/common web hosting, the host noticed this and rather than communicate this they instead soured the milk to make him stop.

Thanked by 2FHR jvnadr
  • MikyMiky Member

nfphosting said: Hey Milky,

>

I'm unaware of the details about your experience but I'd like to look into it. Definitely want to make sure everything gets done right by you.

>

>

-nathan.

@nfphosting | Nathan I easily understand you are unaware as I have here a different "name", but after your tickets and LowEndBox I'll give you a third chance and pm you my account.

• NomadNomad Member

@Miky said:

nfphosting said: Hey Milky,

>

>

>

-nathan.

@nfphosting | Nathan I easily understand you are unaware as I have here a different "name", but after your tickets and LowEndBox I'll give you a third chance and pm you my account.

That's very generous and humble of you!

• ChuckChuck Member

portal.nfphosting.com/clientarea isn't working.
    Can't reboot, can't stop VPS from there.

• I use shared hosting very cheap price but NFP hosting is terrible slow, I do not recommend, all web pages are penalized by GOOGLE because of slow hosting....Back up a small SQL file takes 4-5 minutes....No no really this is not a hosting

• I am not surprised. I bought a cheap shared hosting from them and it showed up being like Godot.

• ChuckChuck Member

Any idea what % CPU usage do they allow? I couldn't find it in their TERMS OF SERVICE.

I'm planning to host non-profit website which will have many pictures, videos and audio.

• tranfolanti said: I am not surprised. I bought a cheap shared hosting from them and it showed up being like Godot.

Waiting for Godot? Godot Engine? :D

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Chuck said:
    Any idea what % CPU usage do they allow? I couldn't find it in their TERMS OF SERVICE.

I'm planning to host non-profit website which will have many pictures, videos and audio.

Streaming is allowed on theme?

• Recently the CPU and Concurrent Connection Usage was removed from my cPanel.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152287/resource-usage-overview-removed-from-cpanel#latest

• donlidonli Member
    edited September 2018

@Chuck said:

I'd advise you to select a better provider than NFP.

If % CPU usage is really an issue consider a VPS solution.