Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFPHosting: The 4th day 10mbps magic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFPHosting: The 4th day 10mbps magic

ytyabcytyabc Member
edited April 2018 in Reviews

There is a lot of reviews about VPS from NFPHosting.com but few talked about the shared hosting service of them. Here is my experience.

I got to know NFP hosting from LEB when searching for webhosting service. Their hosting plans are attractive for me not only because of the price but also the dedicated IP included. It could help me avoid being a victim of DDOS attacks that have nothing to do with my websites. Even more, I have submitted tickets to inquire about all the limits on these shared hosting plans before making payment. It is Jamie and Joseph that responded me in a timely and professional meaner so that I decided to host with NFP but no one tell me there is a network speed limit.

However, it seems that NFP is trying to drive me out of their service since the 4th day. The first day was pretty sweet, everything was as expected, and I can get almost the full speed of my 100mbps cable internet connection. But I noticed that I didn’t get the dedicated IP as the plan promised. After a ticket, the new IP was assigned and I am still very satisfied at this time. On march the 29th, when I try to download a file from my host the speed seems to only reach about 4.4 MB/s so I checked everything and there is nothing wrong at my end. Not to mention I am well within every limits shown on my cpanel. So I submitted a ticket hoping to get helped but the response is that every account is caped at 10mbps. And since then, I can only get about 900KB/s from my end regardless of time period. When asked if I am limited for abusing any resource, I got the reply: All shared hosting plans got the 10mbps limit and all limit's are set-by default from cloud linux.

In a word, NFPhosting is cutting the corner by limiting the network speed of all shared hosting plans to 10mbps since the 4th of your service so that they could provide these plan at an attractive price and keep you staying with them for the rest of the service period.

Comments

• imokimok Member

what?

Thanked by 1vovler
  • @imok said:
    what?

Still updating

• donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@ytyabc said:
    There is a lot of reviews about VPS from NFPHosting.com but few talked about the shared hosting service of them.

I got one of the $1/year NFP shared hosting ones. It's worth about what I paid for it.
    99.8% page retrieval, huge variability in time to retrieve a simple page (can range from < 200ms to > 3 seconds). I wouldn't use it for a website exposed to the public.

• Nobody is surprised, nobody cares.

Thanked by 1lion
  • Uses cheap hosting. Complains cheap hosting has low limitations and low performance.
    Clap Clap.

Thanked by 3deank Clouvider masteri
  • ytyabcytyabc Member
    edited April 2018

@vovler said:
    Uses cheap hosting. Complains cheap hosting has low limitations and low performance.
    Clap Clap.

My point is that they are hiding the network speed limit until the 4th day. Even if I submitted a ticket asking about such limits before placing the order. So I think I need to help others know such limit of NFP Hosting before they pay.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Nobody is surprised that $1/yr hosting is shit. No warnings need to be made.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @JoeMerit said:
    Nobody is surprised that $1/yr hosting is shit. No warnings need to be made.

To be honest, their hosting service is pretty usable as long as all you want is a toy to play with.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited April 2018

Taken straight from their shared hosting page:

Q: What is the port speed?

A: Our servers are connected by multiple gigabit uplinks, so we can provide a 100Mbps uplink to each customer!

So their imposed limitation of 10 Mbps is scummy and completely false advertising.

• @MasonR said:

A: Our servers are connected by multiple gigabit uplinks, so we can provide a 100Mbps uplink to each customer!

So their imposted limitation of 10 Mbps is scummy and completely false advertising.

Thanks for pointing out!

• @MasonR said:

So their imposted limitation of 10 Mbps is scummy and completely false advertising.

They need to add "up to"

@vovler said:

@MasonR said:

They need to add "up to"

Still wouldn't be "up to" if they're capping everything at 10Mbps.

• donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

From the lowendbox thread at:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/nfp-hosting-march-madness-deals-in-los-angeles-and-new-york-starting-1-mo/#comments

Terry:
    Is there any link speed limit on these shared hosting plan?

March 29, 2018 @ 4:07 pm | Reply

Nathan Ramirez:

Hey Terry,

Our shared hosting servers are on 1Gbps uplinks.

-nathan.

March 30, 2018 @ 12:29 am | Reply

• deankdeank Member, Troll

For the sake of LET community as well as greater justice,

Sue them.

• is it consistent ? how about downloading their test file ?

• donlidonli Member

@kassle said:
    is it consistent ?

No, see my post above.

how about downloading their test file ?

Test files can be misleading in that they only test your connectivity to their network and test server.

Thanked by 1kassle
  • donli said: From the lowendbox thread at:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/nfp-hosting-march-madness-deals-in-los-angeles-and-new-york-starting-1-mo/#comments

Oh and to add more confusion, here's what it says on their website:

Thanked by 1kassle

User's right was clearly violated.

Again, the logical course of action is sue.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
    edited April 2018

Also @ytyabc, can you do me a favor and post a screenshot of where they notified you of the 10Mbps restriction in the ticket? Want to avoid any he said / she said situations where possible. Thanks!

• @deank said:
    User's right was clearly violated.

Again, the logical course of action is sue.

I used to think the worlds most unfunny person was Amy Schumer, then I encountered your posts.

Good god, stop beating a dead joke into a fucking pulp lol. Trolls can be funny, or just stupid and repetitive. Guess which one you are.

• Hey ytyabc,

Hope you had a fun Easter! Can you inbox me with your ticket number when you get a chance? Would like to look into this myself and take any corrective measure of actions wherever needed :)

-nathan.

edited April 2018

@YokedEgg

A troll's job is successful as long as someone's bothered to mention me.

For that, I thank thee.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • MikyMiky Member

It seems they are doing the same kind of shady job they do with their vps. No surprise anymore! And I can prove anything I just wrote.

Everyone should be warned, and stay away.

• MikyMiky Member

@nfphosting said:
    Hey ytyabc,

Hope you had a fun Easter! Can you inbox me with your ticket number when you get a chance? Would like to look into this myself and take any corrective measure of actions wherever needed :)

-nathan.

Anyone who already tried to write to you already knows you won't answer!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@MasonR said:

@vovler said:

@MasonR said:

They need to add "up to"

Still wouldn't be "up to" if they're capping everything at 10Mbps.

German ISPs would disagree.

Thanked by 1pike
  • Miky said: Anyone who already tried to write to you already knows you won't answer!

Atleast he's responded here

• @nfphosting said:
    Hey ytyabc,

-nathan.

I have already PM you the relating ticket numbers. Hope they can do some help making NFP a better company. Your effort is highly appreciated.

• @MasonR said:
    Also @ytyabc, can you do me a favor and post a screenshot of where they notified you of the 10Mbps restriction in the ticket? Want to avoid any he said / she said situations where possible. Thanks!

Will PM work for you?

• I've had a little bit of downtime with NFP but still better than CentrioHost LUL

• NoFapHosting?