Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Send Email Direct to inbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Send Email Direct to inbox

bdspicebdspice Member

Hi,
I have setup a vps with cpanel. i fixed reverse dns, PTR, SPF, DKIM all things needed. My emails from my domain are accepting on gmails yahoo hotmail now. my server ip is not blacklisted on any blacklist site. But problem is all my mails are going to spam not in inbox on gmail or yahoo. i checked google and LET, but still no idea. Maybe SMTP-Relay service needed for this. but its expensive for me now & i dont know anything about SMTP-Relay service at all. is there any way, i can deliver emails from my server to direct inbox of gmaill receiver?

Comments

• SMTP Relay would be a good option and it doesn't need to cost an arm and a leg.

Have a look at mxroute.io latest offer:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/140543/mxroute-io-smtp-relay-outbound-spam-filtering-special-annual-offers-inside

Their smallest package is €20/y for LET members. @MikePT

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @beagle said:
    SMTP Relay would be a good option and it doesn't need to cost an arm and a leg.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/140543/mxroute-io-smtp-relay-outbound-spam-filtering-special-annual-offers-inside

Problem is i m not understanding how smtp relay actually work. so confused which package i should choose. i see yandex.ru provide free relay maybe.But cant use for lack of knowledge. and why there is no way to send email direct to inbox from a valid server?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • every time people asking about email the only solution on LET is using mxroute. lol wtf?

@OP any spammer can setting all of these that you mention. 1st whitelist your email on gmail or yahoo or any provider, it will take times before your email ip address known to some provider.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited March 2018

@bdspice said:
    Hi,
    I have setup a vps with cpanel. i fixed reverse dns, PTR, SPF, DKIM all things needed. My emails from my domain are accepting on gmails yahoo hotmail now. my server ip is not blacklisted on any blacklist site. But problem is all my mails are going to spam not in inbox on gmail or yahoo. i checked google and LET, but still no idea. Maybe SMTP-Relay service needed for this. but its expensive for me now & i dont know anything about SMTP-Relay service at all. is there any way, i can deliver emails from my server to direct inbox of gmaill receiver?

Look, more than trillion email sent spam per year. Numbers just correct.
    Around several billions of hacked and leaked email addresses of real users.
    Mail companies have very powerful algorithms and filters against spam.
    They have different networks, AI, mail analysis, and so on.

About the problem. First of all, you must understand, if Google knows nothing about you, he by default not trust you. What does it mean? Even if you will have everything correct from your side, you are strictly limited (based on a content inside the message what you planning to send), and you will be able to send not too many emails per day/hour and so on to customers.

If someone will press spam button when you sending your near first emails, make sure that your whole reputation will be destroyed and all your future emails will go to spam not only to the customer but to all who will receive such emails. Then will be enabled logical AI script which will practically deliver emails to other users and see what is going on.

So, if you wish to have around 200-300 emails per day inside users (your legal users, not spam database) in an inbox, you should do at least some mini verification from your side:

1. It's technical part, you MUST enable: spf, dkim, dmarc, and don't listen to anyone who said that this is not important. This is VERY important for providers when they receive emails from small systems, and not from professional companies which have contracts with big companies and they have their own anti-spam methods. (AWS, mailgun, sparkpost, mailjet and so on)

2. https://gmail.com/postmaster/

3. You need to check your all headers inside the received email

4. Avoid any stop-spam word list, do not offer anything and so on. If you are using cPanel emails for transaction mails, google can distinguish it from any other email traffic and will route it to the inbox without any problems.

5. If you planning to do some mini email marketing, I have for you bad news. You can't until you have opt-ins by you will get constant mail traffic per your domain from IP's and so on. But it should not be a problem for you if you are not a spammer. The algorithms very complex and hard, and if you "a good guy" you will be able to do anything that you wish with time by yourself and will not face any issues. But if you're a bad one or newbie which changed the domain, and so -> welcome to anti-spam guardians.

6. use dkim / spf / dmark checking services, and try to reach pass status.

7. Add your site to google webmaster, google analytics. Add your real phone number to google account to make it valid, and your chances will be greatly increased.

Thanked by 3sibaper ElliotJ bdspice
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@beagle said:

Thank you for the recommendation @beagle! :-)

@bdspice said:

@beagle said:

Problem is i m not understanding how smtp relay actually work. so confused which package i should choose. i see yandex.ru provide free relay maybe.But cant use for lack of knowledge. and why there is no way to send email direct to inbox from a valid server?

If you run cPanel then you can simply install our plugin which setups Mailchannels as a Relay in your Exim configuration. Basically all email will be sent from the relay servers, as well as scanned for SPAM.
    Send us a ticket should you need me to clarify it further for you.

@sibaper said:
    every time people asking about email the only solution on LET is using mxroute. lol wtf?

@OP any spammer can setting all of these that you mention. 1st whitelist your email on gmail or yahoo or any provider, it will take times before your email ip address known to some provider.

Thats good!
    Now really, mxroute.com provides Email Hosting (with MailChannels delivery / Outbound SPAM Filtering), where mxroute.io provides SMTP Relay Service / Outbound SPAM Filtering.

I guess we can just accommodate everyone in our non existant yatch and have some beers!

Thanked by 2beagle bdspice
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@beagle said:

The cheapest MXroute SMTP relay plan lets you send 2000 emails/month for €20/year. You can do that via Amazon SES for just $0.20/month, so your yearly costs would be $2.40, which is a lot cheaper than MXroute.

The MXroute overusage fee is €0.30/1000 emails. Amazon has a flat rate of $0.10/1000 emails.

You'll need to pay a fee for attachments when using Amazon SES, but it will still be very cheap.

Also, support will not depend on the availability of 1-2 man.

Thanked by 1bdspice

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

The cheapest MXroute SMTP relay plan lets you send 2000 emails/month for €20/year. You can do that via Amazon SES for just $0.20/month, so your yearly costs would be $2.40, which is a lot cheaper than MXroute.

The MXroute overusage fee is €0.30/1000 emails. Amazon has a flat rate of $0.10/1000 emails.

You'll need to pay a fee for attachments when using Amazon SES, but it will still be very cheap.

As per our website, all our clients (subaccounts) are eligible for direct support provided by MailChannels, 24/7, so that is not correct.

Good luck getting Amazon to bother replying to your tickets with no canned replies unless you pay for the premium support.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2018

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

As per our website, all our clients (subaccounts) are eligible for direct support provided by MailChannels, 24/7, so that is not correct.

Good luck getting Amazon to bother replying to your tickets with no canned replies unless you pay for the premium support.

In the case of MXroute there is a layer over MailChannels, so not all problems can be solved by MailChannels. So, you are not entirely correct as well.

Proof: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/140363/mxroute-support/p1

The chance you'll need support from Amazon for an SMTP relay is about zero because they will keep the platform running at all times for lots of (big) customers and presumably have many employees 24 hours/day busy with this.

I have tried a lot of transactional email providers and Amazon SES is by far the best. Most other providers have delivery problems and/or unacceptable policies like blocking your account for just one bounce (Sendinblue). Amazon SES doesn't have these problems. This goes with saying that I send only solicited email.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2018

MUST enable: spf, dkim, dmarc, and don't listen to anyone who said that this is not important

Name one email provider that adds weight to your legitimacy score because you have a DMARC record.

:)

• AidanAidan Member

@jarland said:

MUST enable: spf, dkim, dmarc, and don't listen to anyone who said that this is not important

Name one email provider that adds weight to your legitimacy score because you have a DMARC record.

@jarland said:

AidanMail.

Thanked by 3bdspice jar Wolveix

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

In the case of MXroute there is a layer over MailChannels, so not all problems can be solved by MailChannels. So, you are not entirely correct as well.

The chance you'll need support from Amazon for an SMTP relay is about zero because they will keep the platform running at all times for lots of (big) customers and presumably have many employees 24 hours/day busy with this.

I have tried a lot of transactional email providers and Amazon SES is by far the best. Most other providers have delivery problems and/or unacceptable policies like blocking your account for just one bounce (Sendinblue). Amazon SES doesn't have these problems. This goes with saying that I send only solicited email.

Mailchannels guys are really prompt when it comes to their infrastructure, mind you, they too host it in the Cloud. I can understand that SES can work just fine for you. We are not exactly competitors as per the features we offer.

In regards to adding a layer, the only layer is the payment because the support is direct from their ticket system.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2018

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

Mailchannels guys are really prompt when it comes to their infrastructure, mind you, they too host it in the Cloud. I can understand that SES can work just fine for you. We are not exactly competitors as per the features we offer.

In regards to adding a layer, the only layer is the payment because the support is direct from their ticket system.

I don't see any extra features in the MXroute SMTP relay plans compared to what Amazon SES offers. The cheapest MXroute plan is just about 10 times more expensive.

Thanked by 1bdspice

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

I don't see any extra features in the MXroute SMTP relay plans compared to what Amazon SES offers. The cheapest MXroute plan is just about 10 times more expensive.

You clearly dont know what is and what Mailchannels provides.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2018

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

You have made that statement directly or indirectly twice now, so please enlighten me which advantages the MXroute SMTP relay plans have over Amazon SES and what makes it worth about 10 times the price. I don't think you can.

Thanked by 1bdspice
    edited March 2018

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

You have made that statement directly or indirectly twice now, so please enlighten me which advantages the MXroute SMTP relay plans have over Amazon SES and what makes it worth about 10 times the price. I don't think you can.

Never seen rejection due to blacklisted or rate limited IP, email is sent from a new IP instead of bounced. It's actually pretty huge. That's worth the extra cost, it's a much more involved and managed service with reputation not left to chance or abuse reports. SES is like a pipe, Mailchannels is like an ecosystem. To each their own on preference of the two, but they're not comparable.

When your server has a customer who gets compromised, mailchannels stops that one sender and let's the rest of them continue without issue, while all being funneled through one login that your MTA uses. Will SES do that? Can you use SES to sleep at night while all of your hosted customers send email without shared IP reputation?

Not even remotely the same thing.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@jarland said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@MikePT said:

@M66B said:

@beagle said:

Never seen rejection due to blacklisted or rate limited IP, email is sent from a new IP instead of bounced. It's actually pretty huge. That's worth the extra cost, it's a much more involved and managed service with reputation not left to chance or abuse reports.

I have yet to see a rejection when sending with Amazon SES, so that is not a "pretty huge" difference and not worth ten times more money.

Thanked by 1bdspice
    edited March 2018

M66B said: I have yet to see a rejection when sending with Amazon SES, so that is not a "pretty huge" difference and not worth ten times more money.

Congrats I guess. Now set up SES on all of your shared hosting servers and see what happens when your users get compromised. Will they let all of your customers send as their own emails from their own domains through it, stop only one sender when they get compromised and start sending spam, and allow all of your hosting customers to send email without sharing reputation with their neighbors?

Man, I didn't know SES was such a complete solution. Because you can do that with MailChannels.

Or maybe what you're trying to say, @M66B, is that YOU don't need it. Maybe YOU don't have a large amount of customers that you're struggling to maintain individual reputation for their own domains. Well guess what? A LOT of people here do. Conveniently, their needs don't match yours, just like yours might not match theirs.

Thanked by 2bdspice MikePT
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@jarland said:

M66B said: I have yet to see a rejection when sending with Amazon SES, so that is not a "pretty huge" difference and not worth ten times more money.

Congrats I guess. Glad to hear you speak for everyone ever. Now set up SES on all of your shared hosting servers and see what happens when your users get compromised. Will they let all of your customers send as their own emails from their own domains through it, stop only one sender when they get compromised and start sending spam, and allow all of your hosting customers to send email without sharing reputation with their neighbors?

Man, I didn't know SES was such a complete solution. Because you can do that with MailChannels.

Or maybe what you're trying to say, @M66B, is that YOU don't need it. Maybe YOU don't have a large amount of customers that you're struggling to maintain individual reputation for their own domains. Well guess what? A LOT of people here do. Conveniently, their needs don't match yours, just like yours might not match theirs.

Your comment is quite off topic because that was not the subject of this thread. You are also making it needlessly personal, even with capital letters, which is not nice. I am just sharing my experience with somebody searching for a similar solution.

This thread was about one VPS sending e-mails for which Amazon SES is a suitable and cheap solution, much cheaper than MXroute.

Thanked by 1bdspice
    edited March 2018

M66B said: Your comment is quite off topic because that was not the subject of this thread

For fuck's sake dude, look:

MikePT said: Mailchannels guys are really prompt when it comes to their infrastructure, mind you, they too host it in the Cloud. I can understand that SES can work just fine for you. We are not exactly competitors as per the features we offer.

True statement, to which you replied:

M66B said: You have made that statement directly or indirectly twice now, so please enlighten me which advantages the MXroute SMTP relay plans have over Amazon SES and what makes it worth about 10 times the price. I don't think you can.

Of course I did:

jarland said: Now set up SES on all of your shared hosting servers and see what happens when your users get compromised. Will they let all of your customers send as their own emails from their own domains through it, stop only one sender when they get compromised and start sending spam, and allow all of your hosting customers to send email without sharing reputation with their neighbors? Man, I didn't know SES was such a complete solution. Because you can do that with MailChannels.

You don't know what everyone is doing on their VPS. Maybe they need exactly this, maybe they don't. It's their job to decide and buy what they want. Stop being butt hurt that I told you what's different and it wasn't "nothing" or "branding" like you wanted it to be. I was specifically ON the topic you shifted off to there which was (paraphrased) "X has nothing more to offer than Y, prove me wrong" and you were wrong, and I did. End of story. OP buys what he needs.

Thanked by 2bdspice MikePT
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@jarland said:

M66B said: Your comment is quite off topic because that was not the subject of this thread

For fuck's sake dude, look:

MikePT said: Mailchannels guys are really prompt when it comes to their infrastructure, mind you, they too host it in the Cloud. I can understand that SES can work just fine for you. We are not exactly competitors as per the features we offer.

True statement, to which you replied:

M66B said: You have made that statement directly or indirectly twice now, so please enlighten me which advantages the MXroute SMTP relay plans have over Amazon SES and what makes it worth about 10 times the price. I don't think you can.

Of course I did:

jarland said: Now set up SES on all of your shared hosting servers and see what happens when your users get compromised. Will they let all of your customers send as their own emails from their own domains through it, stop only one sender when they get compromised and start sending spam, and allow all of your hosting customers to send email without sharing reputation with their neighbors? Man, I didn't know SES was such a complete solution. Because you can do that with MailChannels.

You don't know what everyone is doing on their VPS. Maybe they need exactly this, maybe they don't. It's their job to decide and buy what they want. Stop being butt hurt that I told you what's different and it wasn't "nothing" or "branding" like you wanted it to be. I was specifically ON the topic you shifted off to there which was (paraphrased) "X has nothing more to offer than Y, prove me wrong" and you were wrong, and I did. End of story. OP buys what he needs.

The only thing I constantly see here is selling of MXroute, but that is not the only solution and certainly not the cheapest solution as pointed out. Every argument is just responded with "MXroute is better". Sometimes that might be true, but it will not always be true.

I am not changing the subject, this is what was originally asked.

Thanked by 2bdspice lonea
    edited March 2018

Every argument is just responded with "MXroute is better". Sometimes that might be true, but it will not always be true

Of course. It would be dumb to suggest otherwise. But like you said, sometimes it is better. Sometimes you need training wheels that won't let you or your customers ruin your reputation, their reputation, or your other customer's reputation. Sometimes that might even break down to a personal level and not full on "hosting provider" because you need something halting your bad emails, using multiple domains without individual verification or credentials, and generally watching out for you. When that is the need, Mailchannels is better.

MXroute is merely a great way into mailchannels, there are other resellers and there is also direct purchase.

If you post in any thread that I have nothing more to offer than someone else, when it isn't true, I'm going to speak up. Bare minimum duty. I don't let people spread misinformation about my brand without making sure my words are also to be found there. Basic stuff.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@jarland said:

Every argument is just responded with "MXroute is better". Sometimes that might be true, but it will not always be true

Of course. It would be dumb to suggest otherwise. But like you said, sometimes it is better. Sometimes you need training wheels that won't let you or your customers ruin your reputation, their reputation, or your other customer's reputation. Sometimes that might even break down to a personal level and not full on "hosting provider" because you need something halting your bad emails, using multiple domains without individual verification or credentials, and generally watching out for you. When that is the need, Mailchannels is better.

MXroute is merely a great way into mailchannels, there are other resellers and there is also direct purchase.

If you post in any thread that I have nothing more to offer than someone else, when it isn't true, I'm going to speak up. Bare minimum duty. I don't let people spread misinformation about my brand without making sure my words are also to be found there. Basic stuff.

Let me be clear that I didn't spread any misinformation.

Thanked by 1bdspice

Not an issue @M66B.

While SES is cheaper and it may do the job just fine for you, some people need different feature sets, which we off. There is not much else to say.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2018

@MikePT said:
    Not an issue @M66B.

While SES is cheaper and it may do the job just fine for you, some people need different feature sets, which we off. There is not much else to say.

What I miss in your SMTP relay plans is a flat rate where you pay for what you use. If you don't know the e-mail volume yet or if the e-mail volume is varying the current fixed plans with a rather expensive overusage rate are a big disadvantage.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@M66B said: The only thing I constantly see here is selling of MXroute, but that is not the only solution and certainly not the cheapest solution as pointed out. Every argument is just responded with "MXroute is better". Sometimes that might be true, but it will not always be true.

Please bear in mind that in this thread, it was @beagle who recommended mxroute.io to the OP. @MikePT simply clarified some points thereafter, and @jarland entered the thread only after you kept insisting that Amazon SES is cheaper.

There's nothing wrong with mentioning alternatives, but somehow your way of doing so (your tone, your argumentative style) suggests that you feel that @MikePT/@jarland are deviously trying to fool people. Yet this is not the case. Again, there's nothing wrong with mentioning alternatives and even noting that they may be cheaper, but in the absence of an exact comparison of the feature sets in question, there's little point in getting so worked up about pricing alone, especially when mxroute.io's pricing is competitive by any current measure.

Heck, if one just wants an SMTP relay for max 2000 mails a month, one can go cheaper than Amazon SES and just use one's Gmail account as an SMTP relay.

(By the way, depending on the number and size of attachments, Amazon SES's pricing for 2000 mails a month could easily approach mxroute.io's pricing.)

Thanked by 4bdspice jar MikePT beagle
  • M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2018

@angstrom said:

@M66B said: The only thing I constantly see here is selling of MXroute, but that is not the only solution and certainly not the cheapest solution as pointed out. Every argument is just responded with "MXroute is better". Sometimes that might be true, but it will not always be true.

Please bear in mind that in this thread, it was @beagle who recommended mxroute.io to the OP. @MikePT simply clarified some points thereafter, and @jarland entered the thread only after you kept insisting that Amazon SES is cheaper.

There's nothing wrong with mentioning alternatives, but somehow your way of doing so (your tone, your argumentative style) suggests that you feel that @MikePT/@jarland are deviously trying to fool people. Yet this is not the case. Again, there's nothing wrong with mentioning alternatives and even noting that they may be cheaper, but in the absence of an exact comparison of the feature sets in question, there's little point in getting so worked up about pricing alone, especially when mxroute.io's pricing is competitive by any current measure.

Heck, if one just wants an SMTP relay for max 2000 mails a month, one can go cheaper than Amazon SES and just use one's Gmail account as an SMTP relay.

(By the way, depending on the number and size of attachments, Amazon SES's pricing for 2000 mails a month could easily approach mxroute.io's pricing.)

I have just tried to help answer a question and I have been constructive in all my comments. I don't see what is wrong with an argumentative style in comparing things at all. And yes, I have an opinion and also expressed this, but I have been open to other arguments too. In fact I learned that MXroute is a better solution for certain use cases, which could be better promoted in my opinion.

I have never said that somebody was fooling people. In fact I have asked directly why MXroute would be better, but I don't take "it is just better" as an answer, which is why I more or less insisted on the "why".

Nevertheless, my opinion still is that Amazon SES is a lot cheaper and a suitable solution for at least some use cases, at least mine and possible of the OP.

@M66B said: I have just tried to help answer a question and I have been constructive in all my comments. I don't see what is wrong with an argumentative style in comparing things at all.

Well, to begin with, you weren't really called on to argue anything. If one reads your first comment (in reply to @beagle, who simply made a recommendation to the OP),

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2714315/#Comment_2714315

you appear to be pitting Amazon SES against mxroute.io, but there was no need to do this in the given context. It would have been sufficient to mention Amazon SES as a potentially cheaper option, depending on the needs of the OP.

@M66B: Arguably, Amazon SES's loss-leader offer is really only something that the big boys can afford to make: strategically, it seems to be a way to try to draw people into Amazon's ecosystem.

By the same reasoning, why pay for a 15GB VPS for storing files if one can get 15GB for free with Google Drive? Etc.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2018

@angstrom said:
    @M66B: Arguably, Amazon SES's loss-leader offer is really only something that the big boys can afford to make: strategically, it seems to be a way to try to draw people into Amazon's ecosystem.

By the same reasoning, why pay for a 15GB VPS for storing files if one can get 15GB for free with Google Drive? Etc.

Can you support your claim of loss-leader? I think Amazon is perfectly capable of running a quality platform given its scale for the price they are asking. They obviously don't need to rent servers as well.

I think your comparison with Google Drive is different than comparing Amazon SES and MXroute because these are similar services (I didn't say the same) and a VPS and Google Drive are not.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2018

@angstrom said:

@M66B said: I have just tried to help answer a question and I have been constructive in all my comments. I don't see what is wrong with an argumentative style in comparing things at all.

Well, to begin with, you weren't really called on to argue anything. If one reads your first comment (in reply to @beagle, who simply made a recommendation to the OP),

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2714315/#Comment_2714315

you appear to be pitting Amazon SES against mxroute.io, but there was no need to do this in the given context. It would have been sufficient to mention Amazon SES as a potentially cheaper option, depending on the needs of the OP.

So, facts don't matter anymore?

Note that I am not trying to sell anything, while others do and to my taste to aggressive.