Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap vps for cs 1.6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap vps for cs 1.6

mrjk990mrjk990 Member
edited March 2018 in Requests

hi
i need cheap vps for counter strike 1.6 / 32 slot

annually payment / 15$ - 18$

server location/ Europe , in germany will be better :D

1.5Gb Ram , 2 cpu , unlimited bandwidth, 1Gb port will be good

please add the server ip for test ping ;)

Comments

• mkshmksh Member
    edited March 2018

Tight budget. Imo you will have a hard time finding this even if you drop the unmetered traffic on a gigabit port which you simply aren't going to get.

Thanked by 1vishalpatelz
  • WHTWHT Member
    edited March 2018

$9/year: https://portal.nfphosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=53

Never tried them so Check for Reviews first

Edit: sorry it's in us but it's cheap so will let it here

Thanked by 2mrjk990 Ympker
  • mkshmksh Member

Nice one. Almost matches OPs request at $20 besides being US and the obviously metered traffic (still 2.5TB!).

• mrjk990mrjk990 Member
    edited March 2018

@mksh said:
    Tight budget. Imo you will have a hard time finding this even if you drop the unmetered traffic on a gigabit port which you simply aren't going to get.

i can drop unmetered traffic , the problem i do not know how much cs 1.6 require traffic , are you can advice a good traffic size for cs 1.6!

• @WHT said:
    $9/year: https://portal.nfphosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=53

Never tried them so Check for Reviews first

Edit: sorry it's in us but it's cheap so will let it here

good vps, location server in usa :(
    from lebanon i'll get high ping 190ms -> bad ping

• 100mb link bad for gaming too
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2018

30€/year for the smallest hetzner cloud will likely do the job + you can cancel it anytime because of hourly billing.

If you PN me your server's IP once it is setup I will surely come arround.

• FalzoFalzo Member

mrjk990 said: 100mb link bad for gaming too

that's not true. a gameserver will cause constant but low traffic and rely more on low/stable latency and no packet loss.
    yet high bandwidth is not really needed for it. most likely you won't even need that much RAM for a single CS 1.6 server...

check arubacloud's 1€ instances if one of their europe locations is a better fit for you.

there is also the actual promo of hosthatch: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/140465/storage-and-nvme-deals-expiring-on-27th-march-2018#latest - the small NVNE with 768MB RAM in Amsterdam @ $17/y

or something comparable from inceptionhosting in the UK:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/140492/pure-nvme-ssd-kvm-uk-daily-backups-ddos-protected-half-price#latest

Thanked by 3mrjk990 seaeagle netomx
  • mkshmksh Member

@mrjk990 said:
    i can drop unmetered traffic , the problem i do not know how much cs 1.6 require traffic , are you can advice a good traffic size for cs 1.6!

Well, i have no experience with CS 1.6 in particular but with these kind of engines 16-20kb/s per player is likely already more than enough so math would so say 16 (players) * 32 (slots) * 60 (second per minute) * 60 (minutes per hour) * 24 (hours per day) / 1024 (KB per MB) / 1024 (MB per GB) = 42.1875GB/day or 1307.8125GB/month. This is likely already way to high but if you feel 20kb/s per player is a better estimate suit yourself. Imo you won't see half of this even if your server is super popular and full 24/7.

Thanked by 1mrjk990
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2018

@mksh said:
    16 (players) * 32 (slots) * 60 (second per minute) * 60 (minutes per hour) * 24 (hours per day) / 1024 (KB per MB) / 1024 (MB per GB) = 42.1875GB/day or 1307.8125GB/month.

32 Players * 3600 * 24 / 1024 / 1024 = 2.63GB/day & ~80GB/month assuming the server is full 24/7. And assuming the map/plugin downloads get outsourced.

Thanked by 1mrjk990
  • @pike said:
    30€/year for the smallest hetzner cloud will likely do the job + you can cancel it anytime because of hourly billing.

If you PN me your server's IP once it is setup I will surely come arround.

oh , can you give me htzner link ?

• @Falzo said:

mrjk990 said: 100mb link bad for gaming too

that's not true. a gameserver will cause constant but low traffic and rely more on low/stable latency and no packet loss.
    yet high bandwidth is not really needed for it. most likely you won't even need that much RAM for a single CS 1.6 server...

check arubacloud's 1€ instances if one of their europe locations is a better fit for you.

there is also the actual promo of hosthatch: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/140465/storage-and-nvme-deals-expiring-on-27th-march-2018#latest - the small NVNE with 768MB RAM in Amsterdam @ $17/y

or something comparable from inceptionhosting in the UK:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/140492/pure-nvme-ssd-kvm-uk-daily-backups-ddos-protected-half-price#latest

omg, ovz, 1 core + 1gb ram +2tb traffic is good for 1 cs server !!!
    i thinked c s need a high traffic and more ram, that is good news :D

• mkshmksh Member

@pike said:

@mksh said:
    16 (players) * 32 (slots) * 60 (second per minute) * 60 (minutes per hour) * 24 (hours per day) / 1024 (KB per MB) / 1024 (MB per GB) = 42.1875GB/day or 1307.8125GB/month.

32 Players * 3600 * 24 / 1024 / 1024 = 2.63GB/day & ~80GB/month assuming the server is full 24/7. And assuming the map/plugin downloads get outsourced.

1kb/s per slot? I have a feeling your players are going to be a bit unhappy.

Thanked by 1mrjk990
  • @mksh said:

@mrjk990 said:

Well, i have no experience with CS 1.6 in particular but with these kind of engines 16-20kb/s per player is likely already more than enough so math would so say 16 (players) * 32 (slots) * 60 (second per minute) * 60 (minutes per hour) * 24 (hours per day) / 1024 (KB per MB) / 1024 (MB per GB) = 42.1875GB/day or 1307.8125GB/month. This is likely already way to high but if you feel 20kb/s per player is a better estimate suit yourself. Imo you won't see half of this even if your server is super popular and full 24/7.

hmmm, 2tb traffic is good for cs server, nice calculating;)

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2018

@mrjk990 said:
    oh , can you give me htzner link ?

look at my signature. They don't charge VAT if you're from Lebanon so it's 2,50€/month for the smallest cloud even if it states otherwise on their website.

Thanked by 1mrjk990
  • @pike said:

@mksh said:

i am not good with calculating , 80gb/month for 32 players , i am shocked

• mkshmksh Member

@mrjk990 said:

@mksh said:

@mrjk990 said:

hmmm, 2tb traffic is good for cs server, nice calculating;)

Thanks. Just noticed it says "players" where it should have said "KB per player" though. Guess that's what confused @pike a bit.

Thanked by 2pike mrjk990
  • hardgamershardgamers Member
    edited March 2018

100mbps uplink is more than enough for hlds server (including for cs 1.6).

Here some guide for you :

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5386-HMJI-5162&l=english

A good rule for HLDS is 35.6Kbits per player

so for 32player you will need around 350-400GB bandwidth per month if your server running 24x7 and always full. Remember if you use some mods and/or custom maps you need more bandwidth.

Also your rate configuration have impact on bandwidth usage and game experience.

To help you calculate good rate configuration you can start by reading the steam guides and also use this calculator :

https://www.reece-eu.net/drekrates.php

The most important are latency, find server with less than 100ms from your location and also calculate CPU usage, CPU frequency have impact with your ticrate configuration so if possible find vps with dedicated CPU usage or you need to calculate your ticrate to use less than 50% of available CPU when your server full.

• pikepike Veteran

Finally someone pops in that is able to calculate this @hardgamers

Thanked by 1netomx
  • If your server will be public, i suggest you either @MikeA ExtraVM plans or hetzner cloud. CS 1.6 are ddos magnets, you will need good protection.

Thanked by 1mrjk990
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@emperor said:
    If your server will be public, i suggest you either @MikeA ExtraVM plans or hetzner cloud. CS 1.6 are ddos magnets, you will need good protection.

nah, I wouldn't do something that cheap.

• @hardgamers said:
    100mbps uplink is more than enough for hlds server (including for cs 1.6).

Here some guide for you :

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5386-HMJI-5162&l=english

A good rule for HLDS is 35.6Kbits per player

so for 32player you will need around 350-400GB bandwidth per month if your server running 24x7 and always full. Remember if you use some mods and/or custom maps you need more bandwidth.

Also your rate configuration have impact on bandwidth usage and game experience.

To help you calculate good rate configuration you can start by reading the steam guides and also use this calculator :

https://www.reece-eu.net/drekrates.php

The most important are latency, find server with less than 100ms from your location and also calculate CPU usage, CPU frequency have impact with your ticrate configuration so if possible find vps with dedicated CPU usage or you need to calculate your ticrate to use less than 50% of available CPU when your server full.

thanks a lot , this very helpful guide

• @emperor said:
    If your server will be public, i suggest you either @MikeA ExtraVM plans or hetzner cloud. CS 1.6 are ddos magnets, you will need good protection.

I forgot about the attacks, I think I need a server that provides DDOS protection
    thank you :D

• @mrjk990 said:

@emperor said:

I forgot about the attacks, I think I need a server that provides DDOS protection

You’re asking for a lot for $15/year...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited March 2018

@doghouch said:

@mrjk990 said:

@emperor said:

You’re asking for a lot for $15/year...

Yeah but unlike the typical random LET poster he seems to be able to read and somewhat reasonable.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • pikepike Veteran

Hetzner offers a basic ddos protection + I don't think cs 1.6 attracts dddos (since it is kinda old and most of the kids switched to csgo long time ago?)

Thanked by 2mrjk990 Hetzner_OL
  • @VMhaus 15$ plan would do the trick

Thanked by 1mrjk990
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

Pretty sure arubacloud 12€/year will work :)

You can follow this guide to setup CS 1.6 on your server:
    https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/csserver/

Thanked by 2mrjk990 netomx
  • @Ympker

The server will work great, but if he got ddos they will suspend him and ask for scanned documents for unsuspend the 1st time, next is termination. At least that was my case when some kid ddosed my znc from arubacloud.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

@emperor said:
    @Ympker

The server will work great, but if he got ddos they will suspend him and ask for scanned documents for unsuspend the 1st time, next is termination. At least that was my case when some kid ddosed my znc from arubacloud.

Hm maybe trying to not be a ddos magnet might help :/ Or go to an OVH reseller :P

• FalzoFalzo Member

@emperor said:
    @Ympker

you get what you pay for ;-)
    it's simple: raise budget by two bigmac and get the smallest from hetzner cloud, done.