Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got fiber installed at my place, finally! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just got fiber installed at my place, finally!

13»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2018

Well, once you have fiber, and when you gotta move, you look for areas that has fiber.

Fiber is good for our intestines as well. Doh

Thanked by 1netomx
  • erkinerkin Member

@zuby2402 said:
    Mine, in rural area in Romania (10Km from town..)
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/7105319547
    Price 10Eu/m

Ping to test server 0 ms?

• erkin said: Ping to test server 0 ms?

Actually, it's minus. It gets there before you even ask.

Thanked by 1PrestigeWS
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited March 2018

I get 100 mbits/sec down and 10 up on Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) cable. In the past, I paid $80 per month in Southern California. (Now I pay $45 per month, read below.) We have no data caps with Spectrum.

A few months ago, AT&T finished deploying fiber throughout our area, direct to homes. Our neighbors recently had it installed, so I checked on pricing. AT&T wants $80 per month for 10 mbits/sec down and 3 up. I am baffled how AT&T can charge so much and give so little, especially when fiber is capable of such high throughput. I was expecting a gigabit/sec up and down for $80, but I was totally wrong. Shame on me for thinking that there could be real competition between ISPs in our area.

(I also remember that AT&T has data caps. I don't know what the data cap is on AT&T's new fiber plan, but our old DSL plan was limited to 150 Gbytes/month. I switched to Time Warner when AT&T suddenly imposed that ridiculous data cap at the same price as before.)

Anyway, I called Spectrum and told them that I was thinking about cancelling my service and switching to AT&T's new fiber network. They immediately offered me a new, no contract, unlimited time rate of $45 per month for the same 100 mbits/sec down and 10 up that I had been getting from them before. Sweet!

• RamiRami Member

You're lucky :D
    I don't think I will live enough to get fiber connection :(
    I'm stuck with 4M down/1M up at the moment

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Premium, I wanted to get 500Mbit but Vodafone are cunts DSL-Lite, no dedicated v4 anymore.

I rather keep my v4 and v6 with lower speeds.

• NaxidNaxid Member

Call them, I did the same and got a dedicated ip. 400mbps cable

• AndruAndru Member

@erkin said:

@zuby2402 said:
    Mine, in rural area in Romania (10Km from town..)
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/7105319547
    Price 10Eu/m

Ping to test server 0 ms?

Yes... LOL.
    Im living near Galati, Romania.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I am using fiber, No connection disconnect issue from last few days.

I hate locked router with company name wifi ssid ;/