Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaseweb, bit of a rant - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leaseweb, bit of a rant

2»

Comments

• edited March 2018

I don't know about their overall network, but LeaseWeb has been upgrading their US datacenters. They had to reclaim the last 2 IP's of my blocks in a couple datacenters because they are now using them for automatic active redundant core routing or something like that. The upgrade also gave me 1Gb/s. They still can't or won't offer me IPv6 in any of their datacenters.

I should point out that I am using dedicated unmanaged servers. No idea what their VPS service/support is like. It is possible that they focus more on their network/peering at the expense of support. I don't find their network better or worse than anyone else in terms of ping times, outages, and number of problems due to DDoS etc. They seem to use Zayo for most of their transit but so do a lot of others.

• edited March 2018

@BunnySpeed said:

I'm not the biggest fan or either LeaseWeb or OVH, but thought I might drop this in here, testing from Japan. OVH pretty much maxes out the connection while LeaseWeb took forever to climb even to this speed :)

I had an OVH server in Singapore for awhile. It was ok for the price. There were a few outages but they seemed to get them sorted out fairly quickly. One nice thing about OVH Singapore is that they use their own fiber transit. Not 3rd party like a lot of others. That may be true for a lot of OVH transit. I think that's probably more important to have in Singapore than a lot of other places. I also like the transparency of showing their network weathermap. So you can see if any links are down or being saturated.

• sinsin Member

LosPollosHermanos said: I get the feeling WDC is different for some reason. Maybe they have their own people there.

They do staff at WDC-01 because they send me mail from their VA location, call from the area, and they recently sponsored our local Airshow here in Manassas. Their main locations are NL and Manassas, VA.

• edited March 2018

@sin said:

LosPollosHermanos said: I get the feeling WDC is different for some reason. Maybe they have their own people there.

They do staff at WDC-01 because they send me mail from their VA location, call from the area, and they recently sponsored our local Airshow here in Manassas. Their main locations are NL and Manassas, VA.

Business hours people are in Manassas. 24hr US support is in Phoenix. But they don't list that number prominently anywhere because they really don't want you to call them. I can only find it on a google search. I have been calling that number a lot more than I want to lately.

LeaseWeb, USA Inc.
    Web Hosting Company
    Phoenix, AZ, United States · +1 480-212-1710
    Open 24 hours

LeaseWeb USA Inc.
    Web Hosting Company
    Manassas, VA, USA · +1 855-579-8326
    Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30 a.m. Mon.