Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QUADIX / VOLUUMEDRIVE - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QUADIX / VOLUUMEDRIVE

2»

Comments

• @stefeman said:

@blackfoxltd said:

@Francisco said:

blackfoxltd said: Called having stacked switches and the main one with the config dies unexpectedly. My racks are fine considering I own everything in them.

You should look into the last time Volumedrive got in trouble and colo gear suddenly disappeared/got parted out.

VD is not a good company to put customers with.

Whenever things return I would do a trace and make sure you aren't suddenly the next state over.

Francisco

Considering I am a 10 min drive from the dc and was there 12 hours ago, saw nothing growing 8 legs and crawling away.

You'll never know.. lol

Did you look under the rack rails? Those little fuckers can run fast.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Francisco said:
    You should look into the last time Volumedrive got in trouble and colo gear suddenly disappeared/got parted out.

VD is not a good company to put customers with.

Whenever things return I would do a trace and make sure you aren't suddenly the next state over.

Francisco

I recall that drama on WHT. Burst was falling apart at that time and I couldn't believe VD pulled it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

deank said: Burst was falling apart at that time and I couldn't believe VD pulled it.

It was a chicken/egg thing.

VD owes them stupid amounts of money (as well as many leasing companies) and Burst likely had some swing in discussions since the gear was still on premise. Once VD pulled the great heist it meant people started snapping down on them to get something.

I feel bad, the owner of burst was always a good chat for me.

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Burst, despite of growing bad rep, they looked like decent folks. They were the Lowendhost of WHT. When they went down, a small part of WHT went down with them.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@deank @Francisco Well, the Burst owner runs a different hosting business now (after the VD situation with them), so they didn't disappear.

• @MikeA said:
    @deank @Francisco Well, the Burst owner runs a different hosting business now (after the VD situation with them), so they didn't disappear.

what name?

@boigalante said:

@MikeA said:

what name?

HostJedi on WHT, he's always been active, nothing new really :P

• @MikeA said:

@boigalante said:

@MikeA said:

what name?

HostJedi on WHT, he's always been active, nothing new really :P

Did Burst.NET go under after the entire VD situation? I remember keeping up with the thread live but I wasn't aware the entire DC went under.

I got my first 1GB ram Windows VPS from Burst :(

@6ixth said:
    Did Burst.NET go under after the entire VD situation? I remember keeping up with the thread live but I wasn't aware the entire DC went under.

I got my first 1GB ram Windows VPS from Burst :(

I think, but I couldn't say for sure. I never kept up with that stuff too much.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

6ixth said: Did Burst.NET go under after the entire VD situation

Yes, I believe the financing company closed everything down after they took over control from the original owners.

• Burst.net redirects to Hostwinds

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@doughmanes said:
    Burst.net redirects to Hostwinds

Indeed, if I remember correctly, Burst.net has been acquired by Hostwinds.

• Well that happens when you go for cheap host, if you want cheap reputable host go for wholesaleinternet or ovh