Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QUADIX / VOLUUMEDRIVE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QUADIX / VOLUUMEDRIVE

Is there anyone here uses QUADIX.co?

All my servers are down right now, I believe its more than 8 hours already. Their support is not responding after their first reply (been working to resolve it bla bla bla).

Comments

• Here we go...

Thanked by 2boigalante jenok
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

I guess they have phone try call them.

• boigalanteboigalante Member
    edited February 2018

@key900 said:
    I guess they have phone try call them.

@key990
    already did, the guy told me max of 3 hours but its already been 5 hours since I that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nothing to worry about, you picked a host with a reputation for having regular outages and canned response support with very slow response times, they have all of that because they barley charge enough to keep the lights on and work on volume (clue is in the name)

It will be up within 48-72 hours most likely and you may not get another issue for at least a few months.

You can fix the issue yourself by coughing up an extra $20 though and move to a host that can afford staff and an infrastructure not made of mature cheddar

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: You can fix the issue yourself by coughing up an extra $20 though and move to a host that can afford staff and an infrastructure not made of mature cheddar

Yeah, and maybe they'll actually pay their upstreams.

Francisco

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited February 2018
  • My servers with quadix are ok.

• And before that, they left their last datacenter without paying, and stole customer's colocated hardware with them. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296858

It's a scammer host.

edited February 2018

@linuxclark said:
    My servers with quadix are ok.

I still cannot access my 6 servers almost 10 hours of waiting. I think I only have this network issues with them.

boigalante said: I still cannot access my 6 servers almost 10 hours of waiting. I think I only have this network issues with them.

only 10 hours? you need to wait 2 days minimum.

Thanked by 1lazyt
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

boigalante said: I still cannot access my 6 servers almost 10 hours of waiting. I think I only have this network issues with them.

only 10 hours? you need to wait 2 days minimum.

I experienced down time with them but not this long, sometimes it will last a couple of minutes or not more than 1 hr. It's strange. My business is really getting affected. I'm kinda frustrated now. I will wait a couple hours and I will file a dispute with PayPal then.

• @stefeman said:

And before that, they left their last datacenter without paying, and stole customer's colocated hardware with them. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296858

It's a scammer host.

How did such thing can happen in the US? And how could they move their server with unpaid invoices? I can't believe .

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

boigalante said: I will wait a couple hours and I will file a dispute with PayPal then.

lol

Hope you have backups, if not you can kiss your data goodbye.

Thanked by 2Aidan lazyt
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2018

@levnode said:

@stefeman said:

And before that, they left their last datacenter without paying, and stole customer's colocated hardware with them. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296858

It's a scammer host.

How did such thing can happen in the US?

Ever heard of Joshua Prout?

edited February 2018

@Harambe said:

boigalante said: I will wait a couple hours and I will file a dispute with PayPal then.

lol

Backup is not a problem though, I have config for it done automatically every other day. The main problem is they should let their clients know if they will undergo with some network maintenance/transfer/switch etc. I believe every company have their date schedule for this. So we can prepare also to lessen the effect mostly for our businesses.

boigalante said: I experienced down time with them but not this long, sometimes it will last a couple of minutes or not more than 1 hr. It's strange. My business is really getting affected. I'm kinda frustrated now. I will wait a couple hours and I will file a dispute with PayPal then.

Some people had to wait 2 months buddy (true story), do some research before using cheap hosts, if 80% of the reviews are bad, maybe saving $10 is not worth it.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • I can't believe people sign up with the company for trash services knowing their trash history and can easily assume that trash is expected from them

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Haven't they taken off with server equipment as well before?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I once considered buying from Quadix after the name change.

Then I laughed.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Shows how strong price influence is on low end markets, don't see it changing

@doughmanes said:
    I can't believe people sign up with the company for trash services knowing their trash history and can easily assume that trash is expected from them

• @doughmanes said:
    I can't believe people sign up with the company for trash services knowing their trash history and can easily assume that trash is expected from them

I've been a 3 years customer of quadix sorry if I signup assuming with their trash history that time

• People are still signing up with this outfit? Honestly, I didn't even know they were still in business. When the apocalypse happens, the only thing left will be cockroaches and this company.

It wasn't too long ago that they (allegedly) scammed a customer out of $20K.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2392022/
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1669963

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Wow, @LV_Matt ! I don't remember seeing this one. They are the gift that keeps on giving.

• @boigalante said:

@Harambe said:

lol

Backup is not a problem though, I have config for it done automatically every other day. The main problem is they should let their clients know if they will undergo with some network maintenance/transfer/switch etc. I believe every company have their date schedule for this. So we can prepare also to lessen the effect mostly for our businesses.

Called having stacked switches and the main one with the config dies unexpectedly. My racks are fine considering I own everything in them.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

blackfoxltd said: Called having stacked switches and the main one with the config dies unexpectedly. My racks are fine considering I own everything in them.

You should look into the last time Volumedrive got in trouble and colo gear suddenly disappeared/got parted out.

VD is not a good company to put customers with.

Whenever things return I would do a trace and make sure you aren't suddenly the next state over.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Francisco said:

blackfoxltd said: Called having stacked switches and the main one with the config dies unexpectedly. My racks are fine considering I own everything in them.

You should look into the last time Volumedrive got in trouble and colo gear suddenly disappeared/got parted out.

Whenever things return I would do a trace and make sure you aren't suddenly the next state over.

Francisco

Considering I am a 10 min drive from the dc and was there 12 hours ago, saw nothing growing 8 legs and crawling away. I did take photos of burstnets last dc and saved three colo clients from the amazing popcorn show... I think I have a gasp of the history.

edited February 2018

@blackfoxltd said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Considering I am a 10 min drive from the dc and was there 12 hours ago, saw nothing growing 8 legs and crawling away. I did take photos of burstnets last dc and saved three colo clients from the amazing popcorn show... I think I have a gasp of the history.

My servers are all running now, 24 hours downtime with that kind of incident is not a problem, at least they should let their clients know what exactly happens next time.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2018

@blackfoxltd said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Considering I am a 10 min drive from the dc and was there 12 hours ago, saw nothing growing 8 legs and crawling away.

You'll never know.. lol

Did you look under the rack rails? Those little fuckers can run fast.