Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WANT NAT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WANT NAT

I want LES-style IPv4 NAT OVZ plans.

I have the following NAT:

• Deepnet Solutions
  • Gullo's Hosting
  • Inception Hosting
  • Mr.VM
  • Wishosting

I went back on LET offer posts about 1 year and only found one other NAT offer from scanning titles (Secure Dragon).

Any suggestions/offers?

Thank.

Thanked by 2Cam coreflux

Comments

• lemonlemon Member
    edited February 2018
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith anything else that can be recommended on LES?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: @AnthonySmith anything else that can be recommended on LES?

I think he has the complete list there, that I know about anyway.

• I'm not really sure what you want...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

plz, KVM.

If you do NAT, do it for the future, not on shitty old VZ.

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Neoon said: plz, KVM.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

• I have a HostHongKong hk nat.

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2427944/#Comment_2427944

http://vpsrus.net/natvps.php

Does that fall into LES-style?

[no affiliation]

Thanked by 2Nekki justvm
  • Aidan said: I'm not really sure what you want...

I have no answer to this.

plz, OVZ for cheap and dirty NAT, thanx.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Neoon said:

plz, KVM.

any good nat kvm, except inceptionhosting?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

You want NAT VPS in Pakistan under my basement? However it is 3Mbps only

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Ovz nat IS the cheapest so clearly it fits the niche.. Nat on KVM? Not sure I would ever be interested unless its storage related.

• scorcher9 said: Does that fall into LES-style?

It certainly does, however I do not wish to do business with that specific provider at this time.

Thanked by 1scorcher9
  • bugrakocbugrakoc Member
    edited February 2018

@vpsrus also does NAT, albeit US based. Missed your response regarding this provider.

There's also @cloudxtiny in UK for £3/yr, but comes with an IP and isn't NAT. Please note that they charge something like £10-15/yr for TUN/TAP.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

There's @Yoctobox https://yoctobox.com/client/cart.php?gid=12 and @randvegeta.

And if you feel adventurous: http://i-83.net/ Don't...!

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • Well there is...you know...Quadhost's i83

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I always thought NAT plans were for people who wanted ultimate cheap VPSs and couldn’t afford normal VPSs. Wrong?

Is there any reason to buy a NAT VPS other than price? Which of course is a perfectly good reason…

• @raindog308 said:
    I always thought NAT plans were for people who wanted ultimate cheap VPSs and couldn’t afford normal VPSs. Wrong?

Is there any reason to buy a NAT VPS other than price? Which of course is a perfectly good reason…

Some people specifically want the shared IP for anonymity purposes. Of couse any sane NAT provider will keep extensive logs, however I'm sure some less knowledgeable people still want one for this based on hearsay. (excluding @Nekki as he should be well aware of this. My guess is he's building some kind of global VPN mesh and wants to keep the price down.)

• mkshmksh Member
    edited February 2018

@bugrakoc said:
    Some people specifically want the shared IP for anonymity purposes. Of couse any sane NAT provider will keep extensive logs, however I'm sure some less knowledgeable people still want one for this based on hearsay.

Tracking a static IP used by just one person is a lot easier than an IP used by a ton of people and provider logs don't change that. Why care about cookies, browser fingerprinting and so on when your IP is enough to compile a profile of your surfing habits?

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @mksh said:

@bugrakoc said:
    Some people specifically want the shared IP for anonymity purposes. Of couse any sane NAT provider will keep extensive logs, however I'm sure some less knowledgeable people still want one for this based on hearsay.

Tracking a static IP used by just one person is a lot easier than an IP used by a ton of people and provider logs don't change that. Why care about cookies, browser fingerprinting and so on when your IP is enough to compile a profile of your surfing habits?

Good point.

• Indonesia

Can't really recommend them as I had several extended downtimes (1x ~30 hours, 2x ~100 hours). On top of that, they didn't reply to my tickets except for the first outage. But if you can live with that...

• @FAT32 said:

isn’t it 40gbps

• @doghouch said:

@FAT32 said:

isn’t it 40gbps

thank you so much for your feedback your help i really appreciate that now on no more further discussion on this topic Thank you so much <3

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bugrakoc said: Some people specifically want the shared IP for anonymity purposes. Of couse any sane NAT provider will keep extensive logs, however I'm sure some less knowledgeable people still want one for this based on hearsay.

"We had a lead on our most wanted hacker, but the system logs were just too big." -- said by the NSA, never

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Since we're at it. Anyone know the retention policy of LES providers, what types of logs are kept and for how long? Maybe @AnthonySmith and @mikho could shed some light on it?

• @limited said:
    Since we're at it. Anyone know the retention policy of LES providers, what types of logs are kept and for how long?

Just the same logs with all the necessary info.

• I'm sorry, Nat is not in right now. Can I take a message?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2018

raindog308 said: I always thought NAT plans were for people who wanted ultimate cheap VPSs and couldn’t afford normal VPSs. Wrong?

More like they're for people who don't want to piss money up the wall for no obvious reason. If you don't need an IPv4, why pay for one? Also, you don't get too many low RAM/disk plans anymore.

raindog308 said: Is there any reason to buy a NAT VPS other than price? Which of course is a perfectly good reason…

Probably not.

• Speaking of NAT, @AnthonySmith got any nice bundles going on?