Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E5v2 servers at Soyoustart got phased out?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E5v2 servers at Soyoustart got phased out?

sunnygsunnyg Member
edited February 2018 in Providers

Seems like all the E5v2 servers at Soyoustart got phased out? I recall seeing alot of E5v2 models with high stock levels on checkservers.ovh

Anybody know more about this? I quite liked the E5v2-SAT-1-16 and E5v2-SAT2-32 and used to order those every now and then.

If anyone is looking to cancel their SYS E5v2 server in BHS, please PM me and I would be happy to pay you to transfer the server's ownership to me.

Seem to be two new additions

E5v3-SSD-1-32 - Intel Xeon E5-1630v3 4c/8t 3.7GHz /3.8GHz 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz SoftRaid 2x480GB SSD - €65.00 ex. VAT

E5v3-SAT-1-32 - Intel Xeon E5-1630v3 4c/8t 3.7GHz /3.8GHz 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz SoftRaid 2x2TB SATA - €55.00 ex. VAT

New offers are quite underwhelming. 2x480GB SSD is a nice addition to Soyoustart, but at that price I would much rather buy the OVH SP-16-S

Comments

• Probably snatched up by all the shitcoin miners, don't expect them to become available until those damn things drop in price.

• @teamacc said:
    Probably snatched up by all the shitcoin miners, don't expect them to become available until those damn things drop in price.

They all showed very high stock levels. Like 1H-High is usually shown for servers with 30 or more servers in the delivery queue. They kind of vanished Thursday afternoon in a span of 2-3 hours.

I'm not sure if OVH is trying to push the E5v3 range or someone legitimately bought hundreds of E5v2 servers within a matter of few hours. They aren't really viable for cryptonight mining either. $16-17 earning at best in a month

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Isn't V2 only 5 years old or so? They can't be phasing out already.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

Could be reallocating hardware. They change the SYS plans fairly often.

• Those two servers model where listed as Legacy servers on ovh.com for a brief moment. Looks like they retired those and put them on SYS... If I remember the 2x2TB version was $100 CAD /mo

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@FredQc said:
    Those two servers model where listed as Legacy servers on ovh.com for a brief moment. Looks like they retired those and put them on SYS... If I remember the 2x2TB version was $100 CAD /mo

Yeah, I think they were the SP-32-S model, looks to be missing from the main site now.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

@wokenwoll you have any information about this?

• alice2kalice2k Member
    edited February 2018

Also prices dropped on 4790k Game

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801game91 - 31e

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801game92 - 38e

also from SYS deleted W3520 CPU
    maybe W3520 was on Kimsufi with 120 SSD ?

• lionlion Member
    edited February 2018

Got

"PLAN_NOT_FOUND ; Plan 1801game91 not found ; {"plan_code":"1801game91"}; 400" when ordering :(

• Those I think where promotions servers that never showed up on the order page.

It was announced in big bold letters few days ago, they must have changed their mind or something.

• lionlion Member
    edited February 2018

@FredQc said:
    It was announced in big bold letters few days ago, they must have changed their mind or something.

@wokenwoll @ninzo59 :(

• Nice price. I opened a ticket to see if I can buy a 1801game91.

• @cpsd said:
    Nice price. I opened a ticket to see if I can buy a 1801game91.

It seems a bit too good to be true.

• @lion said:

@cpsd said:
    Nice price. I opened a ticket to see if I can buy a 1801game91.

It seems a bit too good to be true.

They have replied saying there is not any current Game server with this URL.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

@lion said:

@FredQc said:

@wokenwoll @ninzo59 :(

It's an upcoming promotion. There is no way we can make any surprise with you guys ! :)

• @ninzo59: Are the E5v2 SYS servers out of stock or phased out?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@sunnyg said:
    @ninzo59: Are the E5v2 SYS servers out of stock or phased out?

Phased out.

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited March 2018

@ninzo59 said:

@sunnyg said:

Phased out.

That is sad. Hopefully you consider re-offering or replacing them with something similar. They had perfect price to performance ratio.

• vishvish Member

@ninzo59 said:

@sunnyg said:

Phased out.

I wonder why they decided to phase out? They seemed to be selling really well

• @vish said:

@ninzo59 said:

@sunnyg said:

Phased out.

I wonder why they decided to phase out? They seemed to be selling really well

That's why. Money loss.

Thanked by 1vish
  • I have one of these that I won't be renewing end of billing, which is in two weeks. Let me know if anyone wants it.

• vishvish Member

@machine123 said:
    I have one of these that I won't be renewing end of billing, which is in two weeks. Let me know if anyone wants it.

What is the renewal cost and account location?

• vishvish Member

@mtsbatalha said:

That's why. Money loss.

Yah I bet you’re right, it’s always the $$

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

SYS is a lot of refurbished OVH hardware - v2 starts getting too old to even consider continue to run (also thinking about possible replacement parts) - and more and more v3/v4 hardware will start to accumulate of EOL OVH hardware - change makes sense :-) Welcome to 2018.

• boerndboernd Member
    edited March 2018

@Zerpy said:
    SYS is a lot of refurbished OVH hardware - v2 starts getting too old to even consider continue to run (also thinking about possible replacement parts) - and more and more v3/v4 hardware will start to accumulate of EOL OVH hardware - change makes sense :-) Welcome to 2018.

but the old E3 v2 is still offered (although for a higher price)

• @vish said:

@machine123 said:
    I have one of these that I won't be renewing end of billing, which is in two weeks. Let me know if anyone wants it.

What is the renewal cost and account location?

CAD 82.99/m - Location is BHS

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited March 2018

@Zerpy said:

Yeah I dont mind paying the same price or maybe +5euro for a newer generation of CPUs, even though it is quite unnecessary. Compare these two servers

E5v2-SAT-1-32: E5-1620v2 32GB RAM 2x2TB SATA3 for 41.99euro/month

E5v3-SAT-1-32: E5-1630v3 32GB RAM 2x2TB SATA3 for 55euro/month

If you had the choice to buy between the two, which one would you buy?

If EOL hardware is to be used as an argument, why are Atom N2800 and Xeon W3520 still advertised?

• my main issue with these boxes is the lack of SSD, the high passmark does nothing when IO is your bottleneck

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited March 2018

I have a E5v2-SAT-1-16 Server - E5-1620v2 - 16GB - SoftRaid 2x2To That’s expiring 4th of March. I’m gonna most likely let go at BHS6

• So the NEW GAME-2 apparently got sold out according to Checkservers.ovh

Did that promo go up for only a limited number of regions?