Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS?

2»

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Murxei1 I have never seen anyone who uses their network and has over 20-40Gbps protection plan, and none have inline/permanent mitigation since it cost quite a bit. You should order a dedicated server or VPS with them directly.

• @MikeA said:
    @Murxei1 I have never seen anyone who uses their network and has over 20-40Gbps protection plan, and none have inline/permanent mitigation since it cost quite a bit. You should order a dedicated server or VPS with them directly.

I know a guy who has 20Gbps In-line but it's in one of their EU locations unfortunately.

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited February 2018

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:
    At that size, I think you are probably need to pay a substantial amount.

Or use an OVH / Voxility reseller (or the actual brands too).

This is the worst idea I've ever heard. Voxility is no where near a decent solution for something like this when they block half the world under heavy floods most of the times and OP also already stated that OVH drops out for 5 seconds whilst mitigation kicks in.

You could try out Psychz or a Psychz reseller for within the USA.

Hurr durr it's called OVH game.

Also Voxility is still not that bad bud. I've used BuyVM and Voxility quite a while.

Not a great network, but decent DDoS protection.

Voxility is good for different use cases and this is most definitely not one of them (which is why many major providers like BlazingFast & Zare left them). OVH Game is no different, OVH Game is made to host game servers, not VPN traffic making it no different than OVH Pro. OVH Game is only different on specific supported ports as they have manually configured their filters to those games and no other traffic.

Most providers take 1-5 seconds to detect DDoS, even in-line solutions but it all depends on the appliances they are using. Some are 1 second, some are 1-3 seconds and some are 1-5 seconds. Your issue is that there aren't many providers who provide 150Gbps of protection at cheaper prices like OVH & Voxility do so I don't even know if Psychz will be able to offer you this at a cheap price, or a reseller but feel free to give it a bash. I feel sorry for the guy who's booting you offline with over 100Gbps of power over a game tho LOL.

Ovh and ovh game are not the same. Ovh game doesn't drop UDP packets randomly under mitigation while pro does. This is why openvpn doesn't drop when configured properly as a udp application the game firewall.
    If you get an attack on oh pro your udp openvpn will stop working. Not on ovh game [when configured correctly]
    TLDR- OP needs to try the game firewall or switch to kms-hosting because very few providers will have 100gbps+ capacity

• @AlexJones said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

This is the worst idea I've ever heard. Voxility is no where near a decent solution for something like this when they block half the world under heavy floods most of the times and OP also already stated that OVH drops out for 5 seconds whilst mitigation kicks in.

Also Voxility is still not that bad bud. I've used BuyVM and Voxility quite a while.

Voxility is good for different use cases and this is most definitely not one of them (which is why many major providers like BlazingFast & Zare left them). OVH Game is no different, OVH Game is made to host game servers, not VPN traffic making it no different than OVH Pro. OVH Game is only different on specific supported ports as they have manually configured their filters to those games and no other traffic.

Most providers take 1-5 seconds to detect DDoS, even in-line solutions but it all depends on the appliances they are using. Some are 1 second, some are 1-3 seconds and some are 1-5 seconds. Your issue is that there aren't many providers who provide 150Gbps of protection at cheaper prices like OVH & Voxility do so I don't even know if Psychz will be able to offer you this at a cheap price, or a reseller but feel free to give it a bash. I feel sorry for the guy who's booting you offline with over 100Gbps of power over a game tho LOL.

Ovh and ovh game are not the same. Ovh game doesn't drop UDP packets randomly under mitigation while pro does. This is why openvpn doesn't drop when configured properly as a udp application the game firewall.
    If you get an attack on oh pro your udp openvpn will stop working. Not on ovh game [when configured correctly]
    TLDR- OP needs to try the game firewall or switch to kms-hosting because very few providers will have 100gbps+ capacity

I have an OVH Game from ExtraVM, can you teach me how to configure the OVH correctly for OpenVPN?

Thanked by 1hawc
  • Murxei1 said: I have an OVH Game from ExtraVM, can you teach me how to configure the OVH correctly for OpenVPN?

In thus tutorial we are going to be using the most basic VPS from OVH

https://matthill.eu/tutorials/easy-openvpn-install-2-vps/

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

Seriously, let's talk about who your pissing off / playing games with.

You can't buy a $5 booter from HackForums and get constant 100Gbps lol.

Booters are illegal. It's called a stress tester. You are only meant to use them on your own website(giggles). Ok?

• @Murxei1 said:

@AlexJones said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

I have an OVH Game from ExtraVM, can you teach me how to configure the OVH correctly for OpenVPN?

I told you how to add it to the game firewall before and you ignored me. I'm good

• Simple thing: Anti-DDOS comes down to 2 things, namely detection and then filtering. With any reasonably serious attack being non content-static, the game comes down to both with large attacks.

From how I see things any anti-ddos solution beyond a couple Gb/s must have dedicated hardware and anything beyond 40 or so Gb/s needs very serious hardware.

I'd guess that most x86 based solutions max out between 10 and 20 Gb/s, if even that. Beyond that processors with hardware support for packet, header, and regex inspection are needed. Those might theoretically do much more but practically max out around 80 Gb/s. Note that funnily the limit is not in the processor logic but in SerDes ("I/O capacity", PCIe lanes, etc.).

One major bottleneck is the fact that you must basically count IO cap. double one you cross over the boundary of what a single processor (or even an array of say 4) can handle.

Which leads us into the territory of fpgas which is not really the saviour and hence not anymore used in those ranges. Which leaves us with asics which cost in the range of 3 - 20 mio$ frontup (development, masking, etc.) and need a kind of development resources that aren't easily found and plenty available. Plus, why waste them on a niche market segment when creating the next, say, yaap (yet another arm processor) promises by far more profit?

In summary this leaves you with 2 or 3 very big players (cisco, jupiter, ...) which may or may not build such solutions and betcha not in 10.000$ boxen.

The good news is that if you have the necessary quite broad know-how you actually can build a custom solution within reasonable financial limits (say, below 50 - 100k$) for anti-ddos protection in the around 100 Gb/s realm. But I know of no provider having done that (properly).

And, of course, it doesn't exactly help that gaming is a niche within the niche.

I guess my best advice for you is to think in the direction of provoking less.

Thanked by 1JTR
  • Blazingfast_IOBlazingfast_IO Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

@Francisco said:
    I'm fairly sure blazingfast left because they got kicked off.

They are very well known for hosting booters and a lot of other malicious garbage. They got kicked off, moved to Staminus (when it existed), then moved back behind Voxility through an upstream.

Francisco

We are not in Voxility and if "We were ever kicked" we would never be able to go back trough an upstream or whatever. We left because taking 2 weeks to block a new method/get assistance, starts to be to much and also the other bad aspects that come with voxility.

edited February 2018

@Blazingfast_IO said:

@Francisco said:
    I'm fairly sure blazingfast left because they got kicked off.

They are very well known for hosting booters and a lot of other malicious garbage. They got kicked off, moved to Staminus (when it existed), then moved back behind Voxility through an upstream.

Francisco

We are not in Voxility and if "We were ever kicked" we would never be able to go back trough an upstream or whatever. We left because taking 2 weeks to block a new method/get assistance, starts to be to much and also the other bad aspects that come with voxility.

fruitstresser.net
    [email protected]

This guy has been attacking (trying) some of my stuff if you're interested. Also sending mail spam from your cPanel server.

• @MikeA said:

Didn't know this is their abuse department

@lion said:

@MikeA said:

Didn't know this is their abuse department

I just wanted to bring light to it, since someone mentioned their reputation with hosting booters. I quit reporting things like this to abuse departments when they all got ignored.

• @MikeA said: I have never seen anyone who uses their network and has over 20-40Gbps protection plan, and none have inline/permanent mitigation since it cost quite a bit.

We have 50Gbps in-line with Psychz in Ashburn.